[TC] Gaming Forums
LFS stops working at connect - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Technology Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=82)
+---- Forum: Tech Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Thread: LFS stops working at connect (/showthread.php?tid=8140)

LFS stops working at connect - KaraK - 2013-08-02 10:08

With a new computer comes a new LFS install.

When I try to connect to any LFS server, it downloads all skins and stuff, but then stops and freezes at "Waiting for guest info", after which I have to use task manager to close LFS.
I have tried disabling my firewall, added LFS to the list of allowed programs, forwarded my ports, but it is still the same.
Restarting LFS or my computer, or reinstalling LFS did not help either.

I have googled, but the only solutions I have found include the firewall or port forwarding.
Anyone who can help me out? Unsure

RE: LFS stops working at connect - Chuck - 2013-08-02 10:19

A. Restart your router

B. There are no ports to be forwarded unless you want to host a server. That happens automatically by NAT.

RE: LFS stops working at connect - KaraK - 2013-08-02 10:45

(2013-08-02 10:19)Chuck Wrote:  A. Restart your router

Can't believe I didn't think of that.
Didn't work though, still the same.

RE: LFS stops working at connect - Fiona - 2013-08-02 12:31

Just a small question, if you've not tried connecting to a server, will LFS close without needing task manager?

And if you were to leave it for a while, like go and have a cup of tea, I have to wonder if "did not receive guest info" would come next?

Testing in the DMZ may help eliminate any issues with ports and the router in general.

RE: LFS stops working at connect - Cobra - 2013-08-02 13:28

Congratulation to the new computer. Thumbup

I have also had such a problem.

However, it concerned all Games on my Pc.

With me had turned out that some Windows updates have been absent.

After a few updates everything works fine.

Maybe this information helps you.

Then all other would be only Re-Install LFS... or Re instal Windows

RE: LFS stops working at connect - Pipa - 2013-08-02 13:31

I suspect your new computer has an onboard lan connection?

Try updating the drivers for it and/or disable it so windows resets it upon restart.

RE: LFS stops working at connect - Cobra - 2013-08-02 13:32

Do you have the accutally Microsoft .NET Framework ??

Can you start the Game and can play in the Singelplayer? Or crash the Game only if you dry to connect to a Server? That´s a important question. What is with other Games?

RE: LFS stops working at connect - Chuck - 2013-08-02 15:25

If you fancy, I could have a look via Teamviewer.

RE: LFS stops working at connect - KaraK - 2013-08-02 16:15

(2013-08-02 12:31)Fiona Wrote:  Just a small question, if you've not tried connecting to a server, will LFS close without needing task manager?

Yes Smile

Quote:And if you were to leave it for a while, like go and have a cup of tea, I have to wonder if "did not receive guest info" would come next?

Testing in the DMZ may help eliminate any issues with ports and the router in general.

I have tried, but LFS simply freezes and stops working.
I'll do some more testing later on.

(2013-08-02 13:31)Pipa Wrote:  I suspect your new computer has an onboard lan connection?

Try updating the drivers for it and/or disable it so windows resets it upon restart.

My LAN drivers are up-to-date Smile

TypeR Wrote:Do you have the accutally Microsoft .NET Framework ??

Yes, I do Smile

(2013-08-02 15:25)Chuck Wrote:  If you fancy, I could have a look via Teamviewer.

Sure, I'll probably be on TS later on.
Single Player and Replays are all working as normal, so it's only when connecting to a server.

RE: LFS stops working at connect - Vincent - 2013-08-02 17:36

no more TC for you ..

RE: LFS stops working at connect - KaraK - 2014-03-31 09:35

Sorry for the bump, but I've found out something I didn't know before.
When I click on "Display list of hosts", it goes past checking all the hosts, and all return No Reply.

Image attached.

I have looked at updating my LAN drivers, but they all seem up-to-date.
I hope someone has an idea as of what this might be.

RE: LFS stops working at connect - Chuck - 2014-03-31 09:51

Well, you're not receiving any UDP packet. Most likely causes are a local firewall or a mis-configured router.

RE: LFS stops working at connect - KaraK - 2014-03-31 23:44

(2014-03-31 09:51)Chuck Wrote:  Well, you're not receiving any UDP packet. Most likely causes are a local firewall or a mis-configured router.

Do you know of a way to fix this?

RE: LFS stops working at connect - Stephen - 2014-04-01 01:42

try toa isolate the problem, turn off individual firewalls, connect directly to the modem if you can. . etc

RE: LFS stops working at connect - Chuck - 2014-04-01 06:31

(2014-04-01 01:42)Stephen Wrote:  try toa isolate the problem, turn off individual firewalls, connect directly to the modem if you can. . etc

There are several approaches, ie wild guessing and replacing single parts, or analysing and locating the problem.

The first one would include things like resetting your router, deactivating local firewalls etc.

Might be useful to know a bit more about your environment like
which ISP, what type of connection, what router or other networking hardware, how many PCs, which OSs do they run, does LFS run on another pc in your network, do you have a local firewall ?

RE: LFS stops working at connect - KaraK - 2014-04-01 17:51

Disabling my firewall didn't do anything :/

(2014-04-01 06:31)Chuck Wrote:  Might be useful to know a bit more about your environment like
which ISP, what type of connection, what router or other networking hardware, how many PCs, which OSs do they run, does LFS run on another pc in your network, do you have a local firewall ?

My ISP is Ziggo, cable (though router has wireless), Cisco EPC3925, one pc, Windows 7, see before, default Windows firewall, dunno if there are any other ones.
I will see if it works on my mother's laptop, which she occasionally brings home from work.

RE: LFS stops working at connect - Frozen - 2014-04-01 20:57

Just pointless to help you, if all what you recieve is just a inmature reply. Good Luck with your problem.