[TC] Gaming Forums
(Refund Request Denied by BoyPower) refund request - robinw87 - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: [TC] CityDriving (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Server Administration Tasks (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Refund Requests (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+----- Forum: Refund Requests - Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+----- Thread: (Refund Request Denied by BoyPower) refund request - robinw87 (/showthread.php?tid=8222)

(Refund Request Denied by BoyPower) refund request - robinw87 - RobinW87 - 2013-08-07 18:39

Username: RobinW87
Time & Date of Incident: 2013-08-07 18:45:00 CEST
Replay / Screenshot Link: >>Click me<<
Replay Timestamps: Starts at 7:39:29
Cop: [COP] TowCat (Surri)
Fined for: Tailgating

Reasons as to why you think you deserve a refund:
Although I did come close at some points, I merely tried to pass the cop. The cop was driving quite slow on the section where I passed him. There was a 120km/h speed limit and he was driving about 95km/h (near the bridge). I couldn't pass sooner, because there wasn't enough room to pass. So I waited until I had enough space to pass him safely and efficiently. While driving behind the cop, I moved to the right or left so that I could not accidentally bump into him.

With that being said.. I do not really care about the money, but I get the feeling that some less reputable cops try to make easy money by picking on the new guys in slow cars. I often get tailgated for longer periods of time, even though I make u-turns, and I receive a maximum fine at the very first steering mistake. The lack of respect is also reflected by the fact that they don't even bother making any conversation. Even if I would have had the skill required to make a successful chase, there's just no way to race against FZ5 with a XFG. This kind of behavior is just impolite, and really kills the fun if you're just making your first couple of bucks.

RE: refund request - robinw87 - BP - 2013-08-07 19:01

I'm on it.

RE: refund request - robinw87 - BP - 2013-08-07 20:06

Hello Robin.

I have reviewed the replay you posted. After watching the incident, to me, it is rather clear you were in fact tailgating - thus, the fine which Towcat gave you was completely justified.

You practically admitted to tailgating in the very first sentence of this post.

Robin Wrote:Although I did come close at some points, I merely tried to pass the cop.

Yes, you did come close. Excessively close. Hence a fine for tailgating.

Robin Wrote:The cop was driving quite slow on the section where I passed him. There was a 120km/h speed limit and he was driving about 95km/h (near the bridge). I couldn't pass sooner, because there wasn't enough room to pass. So I waited until I had enough space to pass him safely and efficiently. While driving behind the cop, I moved to the right or left so that I could not accidentally bump into him.

This is somewhat irrelevant, at the end of the day; tailgating is tailgating. By the way, he was gradually gaining speed up to the bridge's speed limit.

Robin Wrote:With that being said.. I do not really care about the money, but I get the feeling that some less reputable cops try to make easy money by picking on the new guys in slow cars.

He was well within his right to do what he did. You were tailgating him, he pulled you over and fined you. Neither of us can know for certain whether he was deliberately picking on slower cars, but even if he was, it doesn't matter.

Robin Wrote:I often get tailgated for longer periods of time, even though I make u-turns, and I receive a maximum fine at the very first steering mistake.

Well, this is about you tailgating, not other people tailgating. Regarding what you said about the maximum fine, that is actually incorrect. He gave you a fine of 50 which is the lowest fine possible for tailgating.

Code:
2013-08-07 16:55:06 UTC Jamaica surri [COP] Towcat : it's a low fine
2013-08-07 16:55:00 UTC Jamaica *HOST* Offence: Tailgating (50 €)
2013-08-07 16:55:00 UTC Jamaica *HOST* [COP] Towcat fines Robin for:

Please refer to:

Fine List Wrote:Tailgating (50€ / 100€ / 150€) Ignoring safety-distance

Source: http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/misc.php?page=server_rules

Even if he had fined you 150 Euros, it still would have been his right to do so.

Robin Wrote:The lack of respect is also reflected by the fact that they don't even bother making any conversation.

I tend to disagree with you here. He did actually make conversation:

Code:
2013-08-07 16:55:06 UTC Jamaica surri [COP] Towcat : it's a low fine
2013-08-07 16:54:53 UTC Jamaica surri [COP] Towcat : it is
2013-08-07 16:54:43 UTC Jamaica surri [COP] Towcat : that's tailgating
2013-08-07 16:54:36 UTC Jamaica surri [COP] Towcat : i could see your booger in my mirror
2013-08-07 16:54:08 UTC Jamaica surri [COP] Towcat : any idea why i stopped you?

But, had he not made conversation - that doesn't matter at all. Cops aren't obliged to make conversation and that isn't a valid reason to post a refund request.

Robin Wrote:Even if I would have had the skill required to make a successful chase, there's just no way to race against FZ5 with a XFG. This kind of behavior is just impolite, and really kills the fun if you're just making your first couple of bucks.

Your vast difference in cars is irrelevant, his behaviour was not impolite in the slightest.

I'm sorry, but I can't help but feel you've wasted your own time, and that you've wasted my time too. I downloaded a 117mb(!) replay just to see you fined a measly 50 Euros completely validly, and I'm still confused as to why you actually posted this thread.

I will keep this thread open for a little while in the event you have any questions, queries or concerns.

Thank you.

RE: refund request - robinw87 - RobinW87 - 2013-08-07 21:51

Thank you for your explanation. I guess you're right. The second paragraph of my first post was meant in general, not specific to this fine. TowCat is usually polite enough. It was just the sixth or seventh minor fine in a row, and I guess I got unreasonably pissed off and overreacted in this topic. Feel free to remove this report. Im sorry for waisting your time.

One question though - I guess downloading 117meg wasn't cool. Uploading was neither. How can I remove the irrelevant 7 hours from a replay like this?

RE: refund request - robinw87 - BP - 2013-08-07 22:00

(2013-08-07 21:51)RobinW87 Wrote:  Thank you for your explanation. I guess you're right. The second paragraph of my first post was meant in general, not specific to this fine. TowCat is usually polite enough. It was just the sixth or seventh minor fine in a row, and I guess I got unreasonably pissed off and overreacted in this topic. Feel free to remove this report. Im sorry for waisting your time.

One question though - I guess downloading 117meg wasn't cool. Uploading was neither. How can I remove the irrelevant 7 hours from a replay like this?

Fair enough. I won't remove this topic but I'll deny the request itself. I don't mind downloading massive files if it's for a good cause, but today I don't feel it was for a good cause. I don't think it's possible to cut replays (I might be wrong) but you could use a recording program if you have one.

Thanks,
~ BP

We're sorry, but your refund request has been denied.