[TC] Gaming Forums
How TC-Administration influences GB3K - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: How TC-Administration influences GB3K (/showthread.php?tid=8350)

Pages: 1 2 3

How TC-Administration influences GB3K - RobinW87 - 2013-08-15 18:03

My humble opinion, about how I believe TC-Administration influences the outcome of GB3K:

- Major server issues (due to DDOS) disabled Vincent from connecting for almost a day, while others like Demon (position #2) drove 600kms during that time. TC-Administration decided NOT to pause GB3K, nor compensate the unfair advantage in any way. "Real gumball sometimes sucks too, live with it".

- Vincent once hit a barrier, and ended up shiny-side-down. TOW truck arrives at the scene, but Stunna, a member from TC-Administration, actually offered money to the tow-truckers when they would NOT put Vincent back up.

- Stunna, a member from TC-Administration, tries to demoralize Vincent by accusing him of cheating. The accusations are repeated in public many times, without any form of proof. Stunna even threatens Vincent with disqualification. Stunna asked Vincent to make privacy invading photos of himself and me, our double-computer setup, and our mother, as proof that he's not cheating. We later talked to Lampshade. He agreed that this went too far. But Stunna never even apologized for his behaviour.

- TC-Administration heavily questions Vincent about the cheating accusations, but completely ignores that Demon has many more driving minutes.

- Byran is Stunna's brother. When discussing the accusations, Byran says in public chat: "So its not just us". TC-administration completely ignores this.

- TC-Administrators connect as cops and start picking on Vincent. Not only do they write ridiculous fines, but they also stall Vincent by making the same 'jokes' over and over again.
"Oops i lost my pen, gotta pick it up".
"Which fine do you want, this one, or that one? (equal fines)".
"So you've chosen fine x, can you confirm?".
"Darn, I forgot my notebook, let me get it".

- But this is the very best one yet:
Vincent was driving on highway-one at high speed, while demon was keeping to the speedlimit. Vincent lifted the throttle, but accidentally crashed Demon in the back. It was a stupid misjudgement, but Vincent said sorry many times elaborately. Vincent even sent 450 compensation to Demon. Demon sends back only 350, but also files a report containing a big fat lie. TC-administration ignores the fact that some compensation was accepted. TC-administration totally ignores the lie in the report. TC-administration bans Vincent for 5 days. Vincent appeals. After two full days, TC-administration doubles the ban without giving reason. Vincent is now disqualified.

This match is total foul play. It has nothing to do with racing. TC-Administration just picks a winner.

Allthough this is my personal vision, it probably may not be said. So I guess this msg will be deleted and I will get muted. Mark my words.

RE: How TC-Administration influences GB3K - Pete - 2013-08-15 18:11

Robin Wrote:- Major server issues (due to DDOS) disabled Vincent from connecting for almost a day, while others like Demon (position #2) drove 600kms during that time. TC-Administration decided NOT to pause GB3K, nor compensate the unfair advantage in any way. "Real gumball sometimes sucks too, live with it".

The issue that stopped Vincent from driving had nothing to do with us. We had 2 full servers and simply because a select few couldn't connect, we were not just going to turn them off. It was not due to a DDoS either.

Robin Wrote:- Vincent once hit a barrier, and ended up shiny-side-down. TOW truck arrives at the scene, but Stunna, a member from TC-Administration, actually offered money to the tow-truckers when they would NOT put Vincent back up.

This has already been sorted and dealt with so why are you bringing it back up again?

Robin Wrote:- Stunna, a member from TC-Administration, tries to demoralize Vincent by accusing him of cheating. The accusations are repeated in public many times, without any form of proof. Stunna even threatens Vincent with disqualification. Stunna asked Vincent to make privacy invading photos of himself and me, our double-computer setup, and our mother, as proof that he's not cheating. We later talked to Lampshade. He agreed that this went too far. But Stunna never even apologized for his behaviour.

This has also been sorted, again, why does this need bringing up again?

Robin Wrote:- TC-Administration heavily questions Vincent about the cheating accusations, but completely ignores that Demon has many more driving minutes.

Same as above, already been sorted.

Robin Wrote:- Byran is Stunna's brother. When discussing the accusations, Byran says in public chat: "So its not just us". TC-administration completely ignores this.

That's just a joke I believe, they're not driving for eachother.

Robin Wrote:- TC-Administrators connect as cops and start picking on Vincent. Not only do they write ridiculous fines, but they also stall Vincent by making the same 'jokes' over and over again.

If you're getting frustrated about a 2 minute delay because you got into a chase then don't get into a chase in the first place IMO.

Robin Wrote:- But this is the very best one yet:
Vincent was driving on highway-one at high speed, while demon was keeping to the speedlimit. Vincent lifted the throttle, but accidentally crashed Demon in the back. It was a stupid misjudgement, but Vincent said sorry many times elaborately. Vincent even sent 450 compensation to Demon. Demon sends back only 350, but also files a report containing a big fat lie. TC-administration ignores the fact that some compensation was accepted. TC-administration totally ignores the lie in the report. TC-administration bans Vincent for 5 days. Vincent appeals. After two full days, TC-administration doubles the ban without giving reason. Vincent is now disqualified.

This has been dealt with in an unban request and an unban appeal and both have been denied because they are in breach of server rules. It is none of your business to bring this up again.

- Vincent does not make any attempt to slow down
- His attempt to avoid was half-hearted
- You're also forgetting that someone thought his actions deserved a report
- The report turned out to be valid so the appropriate action was taking previous records into account

Arguing about a decision that's been made by [TC]'s highest ranked and most experienced admins is going to get you nowhere fast.

Robin Wrote:This match is total foul play. It has nothing to do with racing. TC-Administration just picks a winner.

Allthough this is my personal vision, it probably may not be said. So I guess this msg will be deleted and I will get muted. Mark my words.

Gumball is totally fair, if people choose to disobey server rules then they will be disciplined. This thread will not be closed or deleted and I do not see why you think we'd delete a post when EVERYTHING in it has already been dealt with in accordance with our rules/protocols.

This saddens me because you are disrespecting our judgement yet again.

Basically you're sticking 2 fingers up at what we do.

Shame on you.

PS: Vincent's Unban Appeal Denial Reason:

Lampshade Wrote:Before this spirals into a childish frenzy I'll tell you what we decided.

Your lack of awareness of the road/drivers ahead which caused the accident and then this report was valid. You were never going to make that corner anyway. The fact you also disconnected whilst Stunna was talking to you is disrespectful.

Your unban appeal will therefore be denied.

This means that in accordance with the unban appeal rules your ban will be extended:

Unban Appeal Rules: http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=26 Wrote:You agree that if your appeal is denied, your ban will be extended

Your ban will now be extended to 12 days from the day the ban was issued meaning you have 10 days still to serve.

This also means you're disqualified from Gumball because you're banned for more than 7 days.

You may not post another appeal.

Unban Appeal Denied

RE: How TC-Administration influences GB3K - RobinW87 - 2013-08-15 18:12

But zero shits are given. CAUSE WE ARE GONNA PARTEEEEE!

[Image: uzhi.jpg]

RE: How TC-Administration influences GB3K - BP - 2013-08-15 18:14

(2013-08-15 18:12)RobinW87 Wrote:  But zero shits are given. CAUSE WE ARE GONNA PARTEEEEE!

You have a redundant rant of 441 words (basically a short essay) then ultimately say you don't care.. well that's slightly contradictory. The points Lamp made above pretty much sum this whole thing up.

RE: How TC-Administration influences GB3K - RobinW87 - 2013-08-15 18:15

At some point, one must stop caring to preserve health.

But for the record:

Quote:The issue that stopped Vincent from driving had nothing to do with us. We had 2 full servers and simply because a select few couldn't connect, we were not just going to turn them off. It was not due to a DDoS either.
Some could play. Some could not. For several hours. Who's fault it was doesn't matter. Its an unfair disadvantage.

Quote:This has already been sorted and dealt with so why are you bringing it back up again?
It is not dealt with, as long as no apologies are made.

Quote:Same as above, already been sorted.
Same as above. Major insulting was going on. Yet no apologies or compensation what-so-ever. Who is being disrespectful now?

Quote:That's just a joke I believe, they're not driving for eachother.
Real funny joke, for someone who just accused us big time with no proof. When psycho made a similar "joke" about ddos, he was banned. Real respectful again.

Quote:If you're getting frustrated about a 2 minute delay because you got into a chase then don't get into a chase in the first place IMO.
Was a two minute delay at every single fine he received. And others were not stalled. Picking on a person, I say. Demotivating, I say.

Quote:This has been dealt with in an unban request and an unban appeal and both have been denied because they are in breach of server rules. It is none of your business to bring this up again.
TC-Administration ignored that Vincent sent compensation which was partially accepted. TC-Administration ignored the total lie in the report. Apparently, its totally acceptable write lies in a report, after accepting the compensation? Or is it only so, when its about Vincent?

RE: How TC-Administration influences GB3K - Ash - 2013-08-15 18:21

(2013-08-15 18:03)RobinW87 Wrote:  - TC-Administrators connect as cops and start picking on Vincent. Not only do they write ridiculous fines, but they also stall Vincent by making the same 'jokes' over and over again.

May I add, Vincent was playing along too, informing the officer at the time that he had also dropped his notebook.

Time wasted? Not so sure about that...

RE: How TC-Administration influences GB3K - Pipa - 2013-08-15 18:23

If i can have a humble oppinion aswell. Vincent obviously set himself a high aim which was to win the GB3K, but sort of forget what Gumball event was supposed to and got pissed off at every setback that got in his way.

Besides TC is a roleplaying server and traffic stops with a chat should be the norm and the routing issue had nothing to do with TC.

RE: How TC-Administration influences GB3K - Bez - 2013-08-15 18:24

I can't actually believe I read all that. Ultimately crying because someone did wrong and got punished for it. If you stop crying and put your foot to the floor maybe you can catch up Wink

RE: How TC-Administration influences GB3K - BP - 2013-08-15 18:25

(2013-08-15 18:24)Bez Wrote:  I can't actually believe I read all that. Ultimately crying because someone did wrong and got punished for it. If you stop crying and put your foot to the floor maybe you can catch up Wink

Unfortunately this won't be possible because Vincent was disqualified.

RE: How TC-Administration influences GB3K - Bez - 2013-08-15 18:26

(2013-08-15 18:25)BoyPower Wrote:  
(2013-08-15 18:24)Bez Wrote:  I can't actually believe I read all that. Ultimately crying because someone did wrong and got punished for it. If you stop crying and put your foot to the floor maybe you can catch up Wink

Unfortunately this won't be possible because Vincent was disqualified.

I meant Robin!

RE: How TC-Administration influences GB3K - BP - 2013-08-15 18:35

Robin, I don't understand what kind of reactions you're looking for plus, I'm sure Vincent could have posted (and written) this himself. If you're unhappy with a member of management of even any TC member, deal with it using the appropriate mediums. This thread was really not needed.

(2013-08-15 18:26)Bez Wrote:  I meant Robin!

Fair enough, my mistake.

RE: How TC-Administration influences GB3K - Luke. - 2013-08-15 18:35

I thought Gumball was meant to be here for fun or am I mistaken? O.o

RE: How TC-Administration influences GB3K - Nick - 2013-08-15 18:37

(2013-08-15 18:15)RobinW87 Wrote:  
Quote:The issue that stopped Vincent from driving had nothing to do with us. We had 2 full servers and simply because a select few couldn't connect, we were not just going to turn them off. It was not due to a DDoS either.
Some could play. Some could not. For several hours. Who's fault it was doesn't matter. Its an unfair disadvantage.

The server going down was completely random and could have happened to anybody - nobody was targeted, as it was completely random. It wasn't anything personal against Vincent or anybody else that was affected. If Demon had been unable to connect and Vincent was thundering ahead, would you still be complaining about disadvantages? Personally, I've only got back from holiday - should the Gumball have been postponed just for me and anybody else who was away just because we couldn't connect during that time?

At the end of the day, Gumball is just a part of a game that you choose to play with your own free will. TC put a huge amount of effort into the organisation of this event, and for you to spit the dummy out and start crying because Vincent didn't follow the rules is incredibly disrespectful. The rules are pretty clear, and for a family with so much experience on the server, you should know to follow them or action will get taken.

Perhaps you should stop drinking and go outside before you post more shite.

RE: How TC-Administration influences GB3K - Bez - 2013-08-15 18:42

(2013-08-15 18:37)Nick Wrote:  
(2013-08-15 18:15)RobinW87 Wrote:  

The server going down was completely random and could have happened to anybody - nobody was targeted, as it was completely random. It wasn't anything personal against Vincent or anybody else that was affected. If Demon had been unable to connect and Vincent was thundering ahead, would you still be complaining about disadvantages? Personally, I've only got back from holiday - should the Gumball have been postponed just for me and anybody else who was away just because we couldn't connect during that time?

At the end of the day, Gumball is just a part of a game that you choose to play with your own free will. TC put a huge amount of effort into the organisation of this event, and for you to spit the dummy out and start crying because Vincent didn't follow the rules is incredibly disrespectful. The rules are pretty clear, and for a family with so much experience on the server, you should know to follow them or action will get taken.

Perhaps you should stop drinking and go outside before you post more shite.

Me and Nick call for a restart as we didn't get the chance to drive!

RE: How TC-Administration influences GB3K - Nick - 2013-08-15 18:44

(2013-08-15 18:42)Bez Wrote:  Me and Nick call for a restart as we didn't get the chance to drive!

Servers off until I move in to Uni and get a proper desk pls.

RE: How TC-Administration influences GB3K - Audiojack - 2013-08-15 19:06

Even if the above statements have been "sorted out" as in they have been discussed, I don't see it as being 100% fair play when the aforementioned things have already happened. Has there been a punishment or investigation for the people in question (the Byran/Stunna thing, is it investigated?) or is everything being passed with a shrug? Is there a complete closure?

I'm not taking part in Gumball and I don't really mind about it anyway, the money could just be deleted for all I care. The competition is still about fun and it doesn't seem like there is much fun right now with all the excessive drama, people getting frustrated, banned and leaving teams and the servers... I'm worried about the state of the community. I believe/know that admin activity has been partially responsible for these events.

RE: How TC-Administration influences GB3K - Brad - 2013-08-15 19:07

Punishment for what? Being able to connect to the server? Being a cop?

This isn't America; there isn't a big conspiracy going on. There isn't "collusion" to ensure a certain person(s) does/does not win the Gumball.

RE: How TC-Administration influences GB3K - Pete - 2013-08-15 19:08

(2013-08-15 19:06)Audiojack Wrote:  Even if the above statements have been "sorted out" as in they have been discussed, I don't see it as being 100% fair play when the aforementioned things have already happened. Has there been a punishment or investigation for the people in question (the Byran/Stunna thing, is it investigated?) or is everything being passed with a shrug? Is there a complete closure?

EVERYTHING in the OP has been dealt with.

AJ Wrote:I'm worried about the state of the community. I believe/know that admin activity has been partially responsible for these events.

Wut?

RE: How TC-Administration influences GB3K - Chuck - 2013-08-15 19:08

<deleted offtopic posts and insults>

Stay on topic and respect the forum rules.

RE: How TC-Administration influences GB3K - Audiojack - 2013-08-15 19:11

(2013-08-15 19:07)Brad Wrote:  Punishment for what? Being able to connect to the server? Being a cop?

This isn't America; there isn't a big conspiracy going on. There isn't "collusion" to ensure a certain person(s) does/does not win the Gumball.

No. Particularly these bits here, have they even been investigated or was there only a fatherly talk between members or something wacky like that? Tongue

Quote:- Vincent once hit a barrier, and ended up shiny-side-down. TOW truck arrives at the scene, but Stunna, a member from TC-Administration, actually offered money to the tow-truckers when they would NOT put Vincent back up.

- Stunna, a member from TC-Administration, tries to demoralize Vincent by accusing him of cheating. The accusations are repeated in public many times, without any form of proof. Stunna even threatens Vincent with disqualification. Stunna asked Vincent to make privacy invading photos of himself and me, our double-computer setup, and our mother, as proof that he's not cheating. We later talked to Lampshade. He agreed that this went too far. But Stunna never even apologized for his behaviour.

- Byran is Stunna's brother. When discussing the accusations, Byran says in public chat: "So its not just us". TC-administration completely ignores this.

I'm not judging per se but I want justice and equality for everyone. Males and females, old and young people and users and administrators should have the same rights.

If I'm wrong about anything I've said then you can ignore most of it, but people should still think about things like this more.