[TC] Gaming Forums
AFTERMOVIE PROJECT: Gumball 5th Anniversary - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: AFTERMOVIE PROJECT: Gumball 5th Anniversary (/showthread.php?tid=8441)

AFTERMOVIE PROJECT: Gumball 5th Anniversary - Matt - 2013-08-24 00:26

Good morning everybody,

First off, I want to seize the opportunity to thank each and every one of you individually (including the cops and especially the admins) for making the event the glorious two weeks that it has been for the last 5 years, despite me only participating in 1 other and being banned half way through it.

I was thinking of the idea recently of the gumball movies, such as the 2003 movie, or the 2009 coast to coast, even the Jackass presents: Gumball 3000 (a rare classic which is worth a watch). I thought, why can't we put that exact same idea into TC's gumball?

I have some excellent ideas such as:

Driver narrated virtual walk-around's of the cars and narrated explanations of situations including officers and tickets.

For this I will need members with good microphones only, with little-no buzz, they will also need to be relatively fluent in English and willing to record a short narration of some of the details of their car, giving me enough detail to get the camera shot to correspond to the speech.

I feel these will add a personal touch that the game lacks from the reality, for those of us who cannot simply get 40k together and go gumballing. (100% of us, at last count).

High speed overtaking montages

Okay, this one may need to be directed with gumball skins in some places but the idea basically stands on a single slower car being passed by an almost endless stream of Gumball FZ5s, GTRs, and TBOs.

Gumball facts scrolling bar

This is more of a gimmick, but a very useful one which has the ability to keep the attention of the viewer in such short films I've found showing facts about the subject can re-engage the brain of the viewer.

These could potentially be things people may no know, such as record speeding tickets, car values, distance covered, tyres in one rally etc. (all the obscure records nobody knows about)

Analysis of the routes

In the same way that the gumball movies have analysis of routes and checkpoints, we can have 5 minute sections where a main narrator can the routes that drivers have been following (such as the main leaders taking AS3® for Week 2 this year). This will show the viewers the advantages and disadvantages of what the drivers are doing.

I will need
-Willing narrators with good microphones and fluent English
-Music suggestions (I can think of some, but they're old)
- LONG REPLAYS sent to my inbox or to [email protected]
- About 2 weeks of editing time

If all else fails, I'll have spent nearly 10 days driving for nothing to hold onto. The publicity for [TC] and for LFS could be huge if this went viral, potentially leading to (bear with me on this) real gumballers actually trying it out, leading to an increase in sales...in reality of course, it may just add some more people we may not see, such as some racers who have heard the hype on racing servers, such as the widely respected Cargame.nl racing server(s).

I aim to make the film 20-30 minutes long, but with added flexibility to go up to 90 minutes in the event that we find good footage that I and my team of crack editors simply cannot cut.

If you wish to nominate music which is private, or not widely available (such as your own band) then this will be rewarded with cash and have a higher chance of being used if we like it.

If you wish to nitpick floors, please do so constructively so I can learn from the various mistakes I may have made.

Thank you, and I hope you share my vision for the short film.

-[GTC] FakeDeath #97
Winner, Gumball 3000, August 2013.

"Before you call me insane, just remember that it will motivate me to do it over and over and over again."

RE: AFTERMOVIE PROJECT: Gumball 5th Anniversary - Pete - 2013-08-24 00:29

I can provide the stats and history of past Gumballs if you need.

Gumball Start on Server 1

Gumball2013-ServerOne-Start.mpr (51.5 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!B0EFlTSa!CVQcAkRPnxvpmEvwRzBDogJLUvZnlVcDjSdE2iY6lPg

RE: AFTERMOVIE PROJECT: Gumball 5th Anniversary - SeanProdTV - 2013-08-24 03:00

i can help with the narrations Tongue maybe im not the best speller , but my english is fluent also i have a good mic and a stable vocie (no droping balls vocie like kids do Biggrin)

RE: AFTERMOVIE PROJECT: Gumball 5th Anniversary - Edwin - 2013-08-24 08:11

Sounds like a brilliant idea, I am willing to help with anything Tongue

RE: AFTERMOVIE PROJECT: Gumball 5th Anniversary - LifeRunner - 2013-10-13 22:07

I'd love to help out! Could do narrating, or editing.
Whatever you need [:

RE: AFTERMOVIE PROJECT: Gumball 5th Anniversary - Bez - 2013-10-14 02:03

(2013-10-13 22:07)LifeRunner Wrote:  I'd love to help out! Could do narrating, or editing.
Whatever you need [:

I'm sure one of the admins will tell you and you're new. But just so you know.

17. Do not post in threads which have had no new replies in the last 30 days. This is called bumping and can confuse other users.

http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/misc.php?page=forumrules

Take a read through them ;P