[TC] Gaming Forums
Junction on Fernbay - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Junction on Fernbay (/showthread.php?tid=8795)

Pages: 1 2

Junction on Fernbay - BMW-gek - 2013-09-23 19:03

Driving for a few days on Fernbay now and I noticed allot off accident and nearly accident. Even I had a few accidents myself over there.

The junctions are connect by HW 1, the swamps, the underpass and deam man crest.

For reading the road I assume the layoutmaker came on the idea that the road that have priority just goes over in The Swamps further towards the underpass and back. The swamps got white chalk lines, meant to be the stop line, hardly vissible if you drive fast so enough ingredients too make a big mess.

Can it be considerd by the TC team. Or even better, a compation for the TC clan too rebuild the junctions Thumbup

Big thanks

[Image: hdh4.png]

RE: Junction on Fernbay - Pete - 2013-09-23 19:59

Feel free to suggest improvements to the layout in that area. Would be intrigued to see what neat solutions people can come up with.

RE: Junction on Fernbay - Luke - 2013-09-23 20:34

Its not a very big change or a very noticeable change, but maybe make it into a T- Junction so Dead Man is part of HW1 instead of the Swamps, so switch them round. also add some armco barriers instead of the hale bales.

It might cut down on head on incidents.

RE: Junction on Fernbay - Elmo - 2013-09-24 01:02

(2013-09-23 19:03)BMW-gek Wrote:  The swamps got white chalk lines, meant to be the stop line, hardly vissible if you drive fast so enough ingredients too make a big mess.
We've already made layout changes to make it absolutely clear that Dead Man's does not have right of way. You should only need to drive once along that road (or frankly take one glance at it at any speed, considering the very bumpy, obviously not a main road condition of Dead Man's and the way the textures go) to remember who has right of way.

We're always open to specific layout design suggestions, so feel free to have a go.

However, I'm not a fan of turning Dead Man's to a priority/main road, because the bumps are insane and the textures are all wrong, so it really wouldn't make any sense.
I'd also be weary of physically forcing people to have to slow down too much, as it would spoil a lot of the fun of Dead Man's; there is plenty of time for people to check for traffic before doing anything aerial.

RE: Junction on Fernbay - Chuck - 2013-09-24 06:29

People simply choose an unreasonable speeds, but that's not limited to Deadmen's Crest, they do it everywhere. Deadmen's Crest is just least forgiving section cause of the bumpy character.

However, I think it causes a lot of fun even though mixed with some grief. But a perfect city with no action at all would be utterly boring, wouldn't it?

If people can't find that stopping line, I'd bet some UF1-time will give'em the necessary speed to notice it.

RE: Junction on Fernbay - Sadie - 2013-09-24 15:03

Cant just make it to a carpark or put some rails so you need to drive in rails every time you want to visit/leave there?

RE: Junction on Fernbay - RedJohn - 2013-09-24 15:07

NO Carapark ! I love flying over that barrier Biggrin

RE: Junction on Fernbay - Bez - 2013-09-24 15:27

(2013-09-24 06:29)Chuck Wrote:  If people can't find that stopping line, I'd bet some UF1-time will give'em the necessary speed to notice it.

+1 pls

RE: Junction on Fernbay - Paul - 2013-09-24 16:36

People know they need to stop there by road laws. Anyhow, the most people dont come further than thinking " Straight = Pedal to the medal " And then they ignore road marks and cause crashes.

Those buggers are being fined for the actions they pulled.

RE: Junction on Fernbay - BMW-gek - 2013-09-24 17:24

I gave it a try to make something in the layout that made the situation more clear without a very big change with barriers. Unfortunately I had too sacrifice some off the tyre stacks across the track. Most off the removed tyre stacks were on white chalk lines.

I'm aware its not a final solution, hope you get a idea what I mean.

[Image: 7nle.png]

[Image: f17u.png]

I do understand TC wants too keep the junction clear so traffic can directly too the direction they want, if they have too give way too traffic it is more obvious how the give way rule have to dealt in that situation.

RE: Junction on Fernbay - Dan - 2013-09-24 17:41

I like the generic lane layout, but at the moment as you highlighted above, there already is a designated stopping line of which people don't take notice of already, so who's to say they're going to follow these new lines?

I think we need objects to physically avoid people from speeding from Devil's Corner to the top of Highway one.

RE: Junction on Fernbay - BMW-gek - 2013-09-24 17:53

Then we go for chucks solution, a UF1 too practise Smile

RE: Junction on Fernbay - Savy - 2013-09-24 18:01

As much as we restrict people to a UF1 to try and help things, normally when the restriction is over. You find them back in the normal car and messing around again, seems like the restriction doesn't work too well on some people Tongue

RE: Junction on Fernbay - BMW-gek - 2013-09-24 18:13

* Whispers Inouva*

Cool

RE: Junction on Fernbay - Bez - 2013-09-24 18:58

Just a quick idea. Very roughly done but this is how it works;

Idea A
  • Slowing that cars leaving Deadmans.
  • Allowing cars entering to remain near the speedlimit not slowing them as much.
  • Very simple design clean and simple.

Idea A Screenshots (Click to View)

Edit: Just had an idea working on it now

Idea B
  • Allowing cars entering to remain near the speedlimit not slowing them as much.
  • Added Police Launch pads.
  • Cleaned up idea a lot more.

Idea B Screenshots (Click to View)

Idea B Download

RE: Junction on Fernbay - RedJohn - 2013-09-24 20:51

Added roundabout , and a marshall if somebody tries to do a shortcut Wink
[Image: a5b.bmp]

Yeah I know , the worst roundabout ever Tongue

RE: Junction on Fernbay - Connor - 2013-09-24 21:51

I do like Bez's idea B of the Police launch pads. It would really help slowing people down AND would benefit the Police a lot! Smile +1 for that Biggrin

RE: Junction on Fernbay - Edwin - 2013-09-25 05:53

(2013-09-24 18:58)Bez Wrote:  Just a quick idea. Very roughly done but this is how it works;

Idea A

Idea A Screenshots (Click to View)

Edit: Just had an idea working on it now

Idea B
  • Added Police Launch pads.
  • Cleaned up idea a lot more.

Idea B Screenshots (Click to View)

+1 on this idea, both are good ideas and can help the situation a lot.Thumbup1

RE: Junction on Fernbay - Iceman - 2013-09-25 06:21

My suggest would be something like the roundabout at Kyoto. That would atleast slow down the speeds and less accidents would happen

RE: Junction on Fernbay - Sadie - 2013-09-25 06:35

+1 to idea B from Bez