[TC] Gaming Forums
"Failed to stop" message - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: "Failed to stop" message (/showthread.php?tid=8840)

"Failed to stop" message - joko 98 - 2013-09-29 08:56

When you chase someone as cop, the "failed to stop" message only comes into chat, making cops to watch the chat until the message comes. This can cause crashes. Im suggesting that the failed to stop message also comes in center of screen like when you drive away from cops "Chase" text pops up. I miss those failed to stop messages in 9/10 chases because i focus on track and not on the chat.

RE: "Failed to stop" message - BP - 2013-09-29 08:59

After 5 seconds, it says "STOP POLICE" in big letters on the robber's screen, if I'm not mistaken. (Misunderstood your suggestion)
As for cops, I don't think this is a problem. After ~45 seconds, just check to see if the message has come yet, or failing that check the chase distance/time at the top of your screen to see if it is >= 45 seconds

RE: "Failed to stop" message - joko 98 - 2013-09-29 09:03

Oh yes, havent looked into those times. Actually looking to those times takes a small time from focusing on the track too. Im still on the side that there should be the message on center of the screen like when ur robber.

RE: "Failed to stop" message - BP - 2013-09-29 09:05

(2013-09-29 09:03)joko 98 Wrote:  Oh yes, havent looked into those times. Actually looking to those times takes a small time from focusing on the track too. Im still on the side that there should be the message on center of the screen like when ur robber.

Well, there is also the argument that big letters saying "45 SECONDS IS UP" or something could cause a lapse in concentration also.

RE: "Failed to stop" message - joko 98 - 2013-09-29 09:08

Those are big letters that u can realize without even watching on them Smile. Its different to look at 50 font text than 18.

RE: "Failed to stop" message - Pipa - 2013-09-29 09:28

Before we had the 45 seconds rule, it was down to common sense to see if the suspect was going to pull over or not.

If it is evident that your suspect won't pull over then we won't punish you if you use force a little bit earlier.

I would have no problem with a short /rcm message for the cop, so +1 from me.

RE: "Failed to stop" message - Sadie - 2013-09-29 10:24

Can this also be added if we use !move on a user?

RE: "Failed to stop" message - Ras - 2013-09-29 10:30

Good suggestion. As you, i also find it smart that it pops up on the screen as robber, so would be nice to have as cop as well.

RE: "Failed to stop" message - Luke - 2013-09-29 10:32

(2013-09-29 10:24)Adrian Wrote:  Can this also be added if we use !move on a user?

I think both ideas would be nice to implement, as it would do more good than bad. Personally i don't see any reason to why it shouldn't be implemented.

RE: "Failed to stop" message - BP - 2013-09-29 10:34

(2013-09-29 10:30)Ras Wrote:  Good suggestion. As you, i also find it smart that it pops up on the screen as robber, so would be nice to have as cop as well.

It only pops up for the robber to notify that he is being chased, and not that 45 seconds is up, I see what you mean though.

I'm not really against this suggestion, I don't think it's entirely needed though.

RE: "Failed to stop" message - Dan - 2013-09-29 11:49

Those saying how it may distract you when you see an RCM message: Do the robbers loose control when they get their "Chase!" message come up? I haven't particularly noticed it...

RE: "Failed to stop" message - Bez - 2013-09-29 11:58

(2013-09-29 10:34)BoyPower Wrote:  
(2013-09-29 10:30)Ras Wrote:  Good suggestion. As you, i also find it smart that it pops up on the screen as robber, so would be nice to have as cop as well.

It only pops up for the robber to notify that he is being chased, and not that 45 seconds is up, I see what you mean though.

I'm not really against this suggestion, I don't think it's entirely needed though.

When the suspect gets chased he firstly gets a message on his screen saying POLICE STOP >>> then after 45 seconds he get a CHASE on his screen. So police should also get the same CHASE message on their screen so its not one sided. I do find myself focusing on the chat when starting a chase as well but it hasn't cause me any problems, but this would be nice as it notifies you without even looking at it. It only has to show for 1 second and you're good to go. So its a +1 for me.

RE: "Failed to stop" message - BP - 2013-09-29 12:00

(2013-09-29 11:58)Bez Wrote:  When the suspect gets chased he firstly gets a message on his screen saying POLICE STOP >>> then after 45 seconds he get a CHASE on his screen.

Actually yes that sounds right, my bad.