[TC] Gaming Forums
LFS's gifs [56k beware] - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Live for Speed Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: LFS's gifs [56k beware] (/showthread.php?tid=885)

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - Warped - 2014-05-16 09:40

(2014-05-16 09:36)RedJohn Wrote:  Is it even allowed to push somebody to a barrier ?!

He blocked the police officer from turning right back to the correct lane (with a bit of force) and therefore did nothing wrong.

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - Luke - 2014-05-16 09:52

It is allowed, Dino was going for a Pit and Leon avoided it and intentionally directed Dino into the barrier. Dino could of avoided it but didn't.

It was not a ram nor was it a maneouver.

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - RedJohn - 2014-05-16 10:18

How could he avoid a sudden push to a barrier ?

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - Warped - 2014-05-16 10:29

(2014-05-16 10:18)RedJohn Wrote:  How could he avoid a sudden push to a barrier ?

By slowing down and not accelerating.

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - Connor - 2014-05-16 12:34

(2014-05-16 10:29)entY Wrote:  
(2014-05-16 10:18)RedJohn Wrote:  How could he avoid a sudden push to a barrier ?

By slowing down and not accelerating.

I think Dino could have gone on the wrong side to avoid the barrier quite easily as well.

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - Dino - 2014-05-16 12:50

Not at 200 kph.
I don't really care, all I want to say is that if I would have done this to Leon it would've been unfair - "pushing into barrier" - quite sure about that.

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - Warped - 2014-05-16 12:59

[Image: ZanyDeadIndianspinyloach.gif]

Do you love these gates as much as I do, Suspect?

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - Barney - 2014-05-16 13:10

lol u so funny talking bout avoiding... leon steered left at the beginning of the gap, like 20m before impact?
are u serious? even only 150kph are ~40m per second... plus lag, plus physical reaction. sure...

[Image: internet-reality.gif]

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - Leon - 2014-05-16 13:26

(2014-05-16 12:50)Dino Wrote:  Not at 200 kph.
I don't really care, all I want to say is that if I would have done this to Leon it would've been unfair - "pushing into barrier" - quite sure about that.

This is LFS and barrers are the only dividers we have. Naturally, accidents will happen, which is mainly why I have never kicked anyone for pitting into them, so I'd appreciate it if you'd stop making assumptions and insinuating that I have. Regardless, you were accelerating as hard as you could to perform a PIT maneouvre in that very spot. You could simply have backed off, as what I did was taking advantage of an obvious opportunity.

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - Dino - 2014-05-16 13:47

Isn't it also an assumption from you that I tried to perform a pit manouver there?

Either way, you're saying that u've never kicked someone from pitting into a barrier.
There's a difference between a pit manouver and what you did. Nevermind, back on topic now. Smile

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - Pipa - 2014-05-16 16:32

Letting aside all emotions here, i will simply quote the rules.

rules Wrote:5.4. Force / Physical Contact

Any force used must be calculated and tactical. The direct impact of intentional contact should cause very minor or ideally no damage to either car. Ramming is forbidden.
http://city-driving.co.uk/rules/

I see no issue here. And if you don't like chasing a certain person then you don't have to chase him. Just like i won't chase you anymore, it's quite simple actually.

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - Edwin - 2014-05-16 16:49

Very minor or ideally no damage to either car. Well Dino got heavy damage obviously and flew out of bounds. Pitting someone into a barrier is unfortunate as you cannot control where the person is going but actually guiding someone to a barrier is different.

Yes obviously if it was the other way round then I'm sure Leon would've taken action against Dino. Just another biased opinion imo.

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - Pipa - 2014-05-16 16:56

(2014-05-16 16:49)Edwin Wrote:  Very minor or ideally no damage to either car. Well Dino got heavy damage obviously and flew out of bounds.

You are mixing stuff up here. The direct impact from Leon was merely him nudging dino outwards. Everything after that is the secondary impact, just as if you pit people into barriers.

(2014-05-16 16:49)Edwin Wrote:  Yes obviously if it was the other way round then I'm sure Leon would've took action against Dino. Just another biased opinion imo.

Doubt it. I have had plenty of people pushing/nudging me face first into a barrier. Although i find it very annoying each time, i was more annoyed with myself than anybody else.

I would rather say pitting people into barriers/amco is sometimes frowned upon and i do it rarely myself. But by all means it is not forbidden at all.

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - RedJohn - 2014-05-16 17:11

(2014-05-16 16:56)Pipa Wrote:  You are mixing stuff up here. The direct impact from Leon was merely him nudging dino outwards. Everything after that is the secondary impact, just as if you pit people into barriers.
I don't think it is secondary impact if he was still in contact with his car when he hit the barrier , which why he hit the barrier too but not as heavy as Dino

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - Howlin - 2014-05-16 17:13

I fail to see why this is even an issue? Dino was going to attempt a P.I.T which would have probably resulted in Leon hitting the barrier himself. Also, Pipa has already stated that this is not against the rules and is not ramming.

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - Pipa - 2014-05-16 17:22

(2014-05-16 17:11)RedJohn Wrote:  I don't think it is secondary impact if he was still in contact with his car when he hit the barrier , which why he hit the barrier too but not as heavy as Dino

Let me rephrase it differently. If i push Leon infront of a bus, which subsequently runs him over. I will be the one to blame for that incident, but even if my hands still touch him the damage will be done by the bus and not by my hands.

Same here. Just like a pit maneuver, it's not the direct impact that causes the damage but the result of hitting something in your newly directed path. Therefore the rules in it's current stage allow it and have been like that for very long.

RE: LFS gifs [56k beware] - Leon - 2014-05-16 18:01

I put my defense in a spoiler as it's material that is non relevant to the thread.

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - Luke - 2014-05-16 18:04

No need for a massive discussion in this thread guys. Leon did a 'tactical' maneouver which is legal, Dino could of handled the situation with more care meaning it could of been avoidable. Leon may seem like a harsh admin, it is rare that he makes mistakes. He had all right to do that, if Leon was Dino, I don't think he would be particularly impressed like Dino isn't but I highly doubt that he would kick someone for such actions.

No need for any action as Pipa has clearly stated so lets leave it and stay on the thread topic Smile

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - Dino - 2014-05-16 20:07

wow, chill. I never wanted that this is going into such a big discussion.
I also never wanted to report Leon or something.
(It wasnt event me who started the discussion)

(2014-05-16 18:01)Leon Wrote:  You are correct, that is an assumption. I would however like to know if there's another reason for you to line your car up with my left rear quarter.
Overtaking the suspect to slow him down that other cops can catch up. Doing this daily. Not quite sure what my intention was in this case. Doesn't even matter.

To sum it up:
I could NOT avoid it (it just happens too fast to react and go WW)
It was a harsh manouver but overall nothing against the rules obviously.

I just hope if I do manouvers like this to any other drivers or TC members noone will complain or will take actions.

End of discussion, go post some gifs Biggrin
PS: somehow my gif files are extremely big, I dont know what Im doing wrong Confused

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - Warped - 2014-05-16 20:09

(2014-05-16 20:07)Dino Wrote:  PS: somehow my gif files are extremely big, I dont know what Im doing wrong Confused

Pipa Wrote:1. Lower the resolution of your .gif - Everything over 800x600 is mostly uncessary.
2. When you record something keep the camera still, that way there are less changes per picture and that keeps the filesize down.