[TC] Gaming Forums
LFS's gifs [56k beware] - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Live for Speed Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: LFS's gifs [56k beware] (/showthread.php?tid=885)

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - Leon - 2014-05-16 22:35

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - Pipa - 2014-05-16 22:56

One with Tibe from today, was a fun chase. Lets hope that one doesn't cause a shitstorm.

[Image: 162.gif]

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - Luke - 2014-05-16 23:18

Nice pit Biggrin love this track for copping, much more tactical and is much more interesting!

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - Chuck - 2014-05-17 06:52

(2014-05-16 22:35)Leon Wrote:  
(2014-05-16 20:07)Dino Wrote:  I just hope if I do manouvers like this to any other drivers or TC members noone will complain or will take actions.

And there we go again, insinuating that if you do it, it will have consequence. Why do you always have to have an attitude like that? I simply don't understand it.

[/spoiler]

It's not that far fetched. I've seen people had their coprights revoked just for hitting the door instead of the rear-bumper while trying to pit some undisclosed former tc member. So this action would certainly qualify for a one-way ticket to the moon.

But anyway. IMO it's the dirtiest and most unfair move one can do. And I'm wondering why it isn't explicitly forbidden yet. For the same reason why direct ramming is forbidden, since that's what it actually is, ramming. A deliberate move to cause as much damage as possible to the other car.

And even worse! While at ramming, one could still predict the outcome, a ram into a barrier always results in unpredictable events. Often with total destruction or worse, the car flies out-of-bounds.

So if that's the goal we want to achieve, than ramming should be allowed and rewarded too.

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - Frozen - 2014-05-17 07:43

How can you classify the move of Leon as Ramming?

It's totally Dino's fault. A COP Can't expect that he is going to pass without any impediment of the suspect. IF Dino is so near a suspect, and try's to overtake him in such a dangerous place, It's the cop who you have to blame, not Leon.

What if Leon wanted to make an U-Turn? Dino was so near that would've caused an accident with him, with the other cops rear getting crashed too and probably civilians from the other side. But yes, nobody thinks about that, it's the fact that Dino flyed out of bounds which makes you think this was a Ram? It's quite ignorant I must say, there was no ramming there, he just braked, and Dino got profit of that brake trying to overtake him in stead of copying the suspect's move. Which ended in him getting pushed to a side, and him crashing due to lack of skills in avoiding a barrier which he knows that it's placed there.

(2014-05-16 22:56)Pipa Wrote:  One with Tibe from today, was a fun chase. Lets hope that one doesn't cause a shitstorm.

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - Chuck - 2014-05-17 07:55

It's the intent that counts. In Tibe's case you can see that it was an unlucky event but he wasn't pushing the car deliberately into the barrier.
There are dozen of situations where that can happen accidentally, but pushing a car into a barrier with the sheer intent to destroy it, should be seen a ramming.

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - Barney - 2014-05-17 08:05

lol frozen u serious? braking? lack of skills? avoiding?

just drop it here, gif is gone, end of story.

just a flyby a small crash, and me failing to click "new" in gifcam -.-

[Image: idzvf8twvy6q.gif]

[Image: ga4ava4xyn1.gif]

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - fWANKy - 2014-05-17 10:53

(2014-05-17 07:55)Chuck Wrote:  It's the intent that counts. In Tibe's case you can see that it was an unlucky event but he wasn't pushing the car deliberately into the barrier.
There are dozen of situations where that can happen accidentally, but pushing a car into a barrier with the sheer intent to destroy it, should be seen a ramming.

When you are a cop and you try to pull off certain maneuvers against your suspect, you have to watch out for what could be harmful to you. Such as, the end of barriers, tire stacks, other users and those barriers. If you attempt to make a PIT there, then expect to be "guided" (not rammed) towards one and then it's done. He took the risk to attempt a PIT in between the barriers and he suffered the consequences.

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - Pipa - 2014-05-17 11:09

(2014-05-17 07:55)Chuck Wrote:  There are dozen of situations where that can happen accidentally, but pushing a car into a barrier with the sheer intent to destroy it, should be seen a ramming.

I agree to a certain extent and will most likely refrain from it as i like a good chase. The one with Tibe was rather unlucky and i would have rather liked it if we could continue.

However my oppinion is that the layout exists for both parties and both parties may use it to their advantage.

Look at it from a different perspective if we would introduce rules regarding it, everyone would have a go at reporting their pit into a barrier and then we would have the role of a psychic to determine wether he did it intentionally or not. Some cases would be clear, but the majority won't. I also see a big discrepancy from one admin to the other.

I perfer it this way really and the one from Leon is easy to counter aswell. And some people do deserve it.

[Image: 134.gif]

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - Dino - 2014-05-17 14:49

~hm, this gif lags... I still didn't manage to reduce the file size...

Usually not paying attention when driving the UF1.
[Image: 53777694736ef-close..gif]

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - Warped - 2014-05-17 20:19

It lags until it fully downloaded the pictures. Next time try http://www.gfycat.com and upload your .gif there. Try if it solves the problem.

(I, myself, have slain the problem by uploading them there.)

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - Chuck - 2014-05-18 12:46

[Image: 5378ab62da613-g1.gif]

[Image: 5378ab74e17cd-a22334.gif]

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - Ras - 2014-05-18 12:47

Lol Chuck, well done Tongue

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - Ace - 2014-05-18 13:14

lol the second is awesome. How did you do that? Biggrin

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - Raz! - 2014-05-18 16:34

I thought this was a good chase end
[Image: Beat.gif]

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - Leon - 2014-05-18 20:01

I'm not going to discuss the incident further here. PM me if there's anything else.

Had a fairly nice block on Sydney today.

[Image: 456.gif]

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - Howlin - 2014-05-18 20:12

That worked perfectly! Biggrin

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - B!ll - 2014-05-18 21:07

One "interesting" end of chase Smile

[Image: InsecureAdorableFinch.gif]

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - TurboLag - 2014-05-18 21:08

lol my car was wrecked Biggrin

RE: LFS's gifs [56k beware] - Dino - 2014-05-21 18:46

[Image: 537cf3e7839c0-donker.gif]