[TC] Gaming Forums
Monitor or GPU help - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Technology Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=82)
+---- Forum: Tech Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Thread: Monitor or GPU help (/showthread.php?tid=8963)

Monitor or GPU help - Stunna - 2013-10-11 16:18

Hey guys/girls. Recently after I turn my PC off at night time and the next day I turn it on it will have a black screen, and I usually have to unplug the GPU wire from the back of my PC and monitor for it to work, along with the power wire plugged into the monitor. Also sometimes when I unplug the wire that is plugged into the GPU it would reset the monitor resolution to default size.

Now, I already changed the power wire and figured out its not that, nor was it kinked.

Im not sure if this is my monitor finally going or GPU card. (Don't think its the GPU)

RE: Monitor or GPU help - Luke - 2013-10-11 22:56

I occasionally get this, mainly from force shutting it down or after a windows update, I think I solved it just by flicking the switch on the powerpack.

I beleive it is a GPU issue, may not be receiving enough power. Or it could be the connection between the motherboard, GPU and monitor.

RE: Monitor or GPU help - Stunna - 2013-10-21 14:42

Bump.

RE: Monitor or GPU help - Luke - 2013-10-21 20:16

How often does this happen?

RE: Monitor or GPU help - Stunna - 2013-10-21 21:40

The next day I turn my PC on. I have to unplug my power wire in back of the monitor for 30seconds to a minute for it to work properly again.

RE: Monitor or GPU help - Luke - 2013-10-21 22:12

Have you tried a different monitor like a small tv or something? Just to see whether it is your monitor or not,
When I did some research on it as I had a similar issue a long time a go my GPU just needed a power reset.

This basically drains all the power in the circuit (apart from the bios chip)

You can try this by unplugging everything then press the power button 2-3 times to remove any current from the computer then replug Everthing in and see if that worked.

Its simple and basic but in most cases and in my case it worked fine Smile

If it didn't work and it did the same thing on a different monitor it might be your GPU

RE: Monitor or GPU help - Pipa - 2013-10-21 23:16

What happens when you don't unplug the monitor? Will the monitor work after a certain time?

RE: Monitor or GPU help - Stunna - 2013-10-21 23:20

(2013-10-21 23:16)Pipa Wrote:  What happens when you don't unplug the monitor? Will the monitor work after a certain time?

It just stays black. Showing nothing on the screen.

RE: Monitor or GPU help - Chuck - 2013-10-22 05:51

Does your mainboard happen to have an on-board video card? Maybe its assuming there is no display attached to the actual video card and switches back to the on-board one.

RE: Monitor or GPU help - Stunna - 2013-10-22 12:13

No onboard graphics card.

RE: Monitor or GPU help - Pipa - 2013-10-22 15:05

What connectors does your cable have (VGA,DVI,HDMI,S-VIDEO) and could you try testing another cable?

RE: Monitor or GPU help - Stunna - 2013-10-22 17:07

I tried changing the VGA cable, lets see if that works.