[TC] Gaming Forums
Opinions about my site - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Live for Speed Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Opinions about my site (/showthread.php?tid=8999)

Opinions about my site - Yukine - 2013-10-13 14:15

-----

RE: Opinions about my site - Connor - 2013-10-13 14:27

I like it Biggrin I think it could be better than the old GFC website Tongue

RE: Opinions about my site - Yukine - 2013-10-13 14:29

(2013-10-13 14:27)Connor Wrote:  I like it Biggrin I think it could be better than the old GFC website Tongue

The latest one is only a forum Rolleyes

RE: Opinions about my site - Dan - 2013-10-13 14:49

I'm talking a Web Developer's perspective so excuse me if some of the points are maybe, a bit excessive...

- I'd suggest re sizing the logo (width-wise) a bit. Some space between the navigation items and logo will probably look slightly better.
- (Slightly off the design itself), if you're wanting to use this site and actually... make it active, then I'd suggest purchasing a domain for it. When I first started sites, and used sites like Weebly, Wix etc, the thought of getting a domain was great - no more being recognised the fact you're hosted by a free website builder.
- I don't know what your plan is for the home page, but give I'd suggest give a little explanation of your team, what you do, what game you're based around etc.

Overall, I like the concept of the site and hope you get on well with it. Smile

RE: Opinions about my site - Yukine - 2013-10-13 14:53

(2013-10-13 14:49)DanielP Wrote:  - I'd suggest re sizing the logo (width-wise) a bit. Some space between the navigation items and logo will probably look slightly better.

It's only for now, i'll change it, don't worry.

- (Slightly off the design itself), if you're wanting to use this site and actually... make it active, then I'd suggest purchasing a domain for it. When I first started sites, and used sites like Weebly, Wix etc, the thought of getting a domain was great - no more being recognised the fact you're hosted by a free website builder.

It's only a little site for now, only for sharing some files.

- I don't know what your plan is for the home page, but give I'd suggest give a little explanation of your team, what you do, what game you're based around etc.

Yea, not a bad idea, I was lost for the homepage, thanks!

Thanks Daniel~

RE: Opinions about my site - Dan - 2013-10-13 14:56

You're welcome. As you said you were lost for stuff for the homepage, here's a few more bits you could add:

- You're a team who (mention about how you're a team dedicate to MEDs);
- What game you're based on;
- Team History;
- Partnership with team RDSR;
- Purpose of the site.