[TC] Gaming Forums
Another stupid idea from me - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Another stupid idea from me (/showthread.php?tid=9000)

Pages: 1 2

Another stupid idea from me - Morreboy - 2013-10-13 15:40

Hi Tc

I was just sitting here in my chair and just saw some of my old replays, and I Saw that alot of the crashes people complain that they dindt use there indicators to indicate that they was going to turn left or right. So here im just thinking what about to make it as a "Law" that u need to use your indicators else u can be fined (Maybe! but not sure, this can MAYBE! result a less more crashes?)

As i said In the top "Just another stupid idea"

RE: Another stupid idea from me - Jimmy - 2013-10-13 15:47

People should probaly get mad for not using indicators and get fined by it.

RE: Another stupid idea from me - Dowpy - 2013-10-13 15:55

That's not a stupid idea, i think it's a really good idea.

RE: Another stupid idea from me - Dan - 2013-10-13 15:58

Relatively good idea.

RE: Another stupid idea from me - Pipa - 2013-10-13 16:07

Technically a good idea, but we are not in a car and the buttons/binds can be annoying to press every time you want to turn.

Also keep in mind cops have to follow road laws which would make driving really annoying.
I do use indicators sometimes and if there is a car behind me, wouldn't want to use them everytime though.

RE: Another stupid idea from me - RedJohn - 2013-10-13 16:10

Not really good for keyboard users

RE: Another stupid idea from me - Dan - 2013-10-13 16:13

I'd see it as easier for keyboard users. Those who don't have their indicators binded to their wheel would have to keep reaching forward to press the respective button. But those with a keyboard, presumably it would be right there in front of them.

RE: Another stupid idea from me - Chuck - 2013-10-13 16:19

Would only criminalise people and depending on people's hardware setup more or less complicated for no big benefit in gaming. Especially if cops wouldn't use them it would mean they have their cop rights revoked. Not worth the trouble imo.

RE: Another stupid idea from me - Jimmy - 2013-10-13 16:21

On the fz5 is rear lights to indicaters to small almost not visble thougt.

RE: Another stupid idea from me - Edwin - 2013-10-13 19:00

A good idea but I wouldn't like it to happen. Some tracks like Blackwood, Western Park and Kyoto would be easy to use indicators as it doesn't have much turning points but tracks like Montana, Jamaica and Sydney, it's going to be a pain in the bum pressing a bind everytime you want to turn as they have a lot of turning points.

RE: Another stupid idea from me - Sebas - 2013-10-13 20:40

Even though i got a wheel with plenty of buttons to make an efficient bind, its far from being a regular turn signal.

Nice idea to replicate real-life but this gets a -1 from me.

RE: Another stupid idea from me - Bez - 2013-10-13 20:45

I have my flappy paddles on my G27 as indicators and almost always use them. But as said above its very had for a keyboard/mouse or even a wheel that doesn't have enough keys to use indicators all the time. Nice idea trying to enforce but its a -1 from me!

Lets just hope people will use them in the future!

RE: Another stupid idea from me - LifeRunner - 2013-10-13 21:06

(2013-10-13 16:13)DanielP Wrote:  I'd see it as easier for keyboard users. Those who don't have their indicators binded to their wheel would have to keep reaching forward to press the respective button. But those with a keyboard, presumably it would be right there in front of them.

If you're a Logitech user, that's a easy task. Binding keystrokes to your wheel.

I don't know about other brands since I have most Logitech gaming accessories, but I suppose there's some kind of profiler program for most wheels and such.

RE: Another stupid idea from me - Josh - 2013-10-13 21:24

Technically it's already enforceable by law. Remember that each 'law' doesn't have to have a fine of its own in the fine-list. Failing to use indicators where appropriate could come under careless/dangerous driving.

Careless driving = illegal driving that endangers the suspect vehicle

Dangerous driving = illegal driving that endangers other vehicles (forcing others to take evasive action such as braking or changing their steering path).

I do understand it is easier for some people to use indicators than it is for others due to hardware setups.

RE: Another stupid idea from me - Jimmy - 2013-10-14 06:04

In Sweden without indicaters ticket around 500kr swedish money

RE: Another stupid idea from me - Kyllone - 2013-10-14 09:41

In my driving position, my hand can't reach the keyboard. So everytime I turn, I should come closer and press 2 buttons and then go back to normal. Sounds too difficult to do in hundreds of corners Tongue

RE: Another stupid idea from me - Luke™ - 2013-10-14 13:56

If you get the indicator mod, you can bind the turn signals to the wheel, and it cancels itself so you don't have to press '0'. I do this with my wheel, so I only have to reach out a little bit with either thumb. I instinctively use my indicators now, so I can't undertand why people are saying they can't use them, when all you have to do it reach out with one hand and pressed a button, which is no problem using a mouse, keyboard, gamepad or wheel.

RE: Another stupid idea from me - Sebas - 2013-10-14 14:45

As i said earlier, i do have a wheel but all my buttons are already used (Various binds). I would have to re-bind my wheel if it ever was to be approved.

(2013-10-14 13:56)Luke Wrote:  If you get the indicator mod, you can bind the turn signals to the wheel, and it cancels itself so you don't have to press '0'. I do this with my wheel, so I only have to reach out a little bit with either thumb. I instinctively use my indicators now, so I can't undertand why people are saying they can't use them, when all you have to do it reach out with one hand and pressed a button, which is no problem using a mouse, keyboard, gamepad or wheel.

RE: Another stupid idea from me - Luke™ - 2013-10-14 14:48

All you have to do is reach out to press 7 or 8 on your keyboard, it's the equivelant to say taking your hand of the wheel to change gear, so it's not particularly dangerous.

RE: Another stupid idea from me - Pete - 2013-10-14 15:27

Worth baring in mind that those using [RP] tags (Role Play) can be stopped for not using indicators at junctions.