[TC] Gaming Forums
"Girly" code of conduct - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Live for Speed Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: "Girly" code of conduct (/showthread.php?tid=9499)

Pages: 1 2 3

"Girly" code of conduct - Sebas - 2013-11-19 00:28

Hey Everybody,

its no surprise that Street Obsessions has been using girl names for a while every now and then for fun. It also looks like people have been following the trend now.

Even though this is all fun and games, i feel like we should all follow some sort of "code of conduct" towards this kind of attitude. Let me refer all of you to [TC]'s rule book:

1.1. Respect other players.
Do not harass or abuse other players. They may be new to the game and not know the track or customs - help them, do not insult them. Always be aware other drivers may act unpredictably.

1.7. Use proper language at all times.
Swearing, insults, racism, abuse and otherwise offensive language is not tolerated in our servers. Insulting gestures (ie "middle finger") or graphical characters will be treated like written in plain text. That includes the use of substitution characters in swearwords.

Following the official rules, let's all be clear that:

- Portraying the fact that girls are all spoiled is prohibited.
- Use of the word "pimp" or any reference to that kind of lifestyle should also be prohibited
- "Girls" should be treated as equal from everybody
- Acting stupid, dumb or something similar in the chat should be restricted to a minimum.

I think if we all take action to follow these simple rules, everything should be all clear. Lets remember that this is only a game and that we should respect everyone at all times.

That is my proposal. Let's now discuss it.

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - FR4NOx - 2013-11-19 01:02

I think it's wise to follow this code of conduct. We should be respecting others anyway regardless of humor. Thank you Sebas for suggesting this.

Women aren't less then men, they're equal. Sexism shouldn't be (and in recent history, isn't) tolerated just for laughs. Saying that they're spoiled, or that they don't work hard is downright demeaning to women across the globe. Would you call your mother lazy? Would you insult her?
This is to everyone, regardless of whether or not you do or do not drive as the opposite sex on occasion or as someone else. This is a video game. Grow up please!

I'm very disappointed in those who've been recently banned for such careless immaturity.

Have a nice day/night everyone! Smile

Kenwood

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Audiojack - 2013-11-19 01:36

I don't personally see the point of acting as and/or like a female if you're not... But since people do it, this is a wise thing to follow and remember. Smile

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Blacktop - 2013-11-19 01:43

Well said, Sebas. I just wish common sense was exercised more. It's real people you interact with on the TC servers, it's a shame some forget that. Nothing more to add.

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - fWANKy - 2013-11-19 02:04

I feel like this policing has gone too far tbh, saying things like this whether there is a female on the server or not cant possibley be offensive to anyone .. lol

in this case, the next person to calll me scottish i will report them for being abusive - or even any mention of a kilt or bagpipes, because im 8 years old and not mature enough to take it on the chin.

anyway, drunken fwank out!

the fact that not even a girl reported all this started the flaming and "whining" is even more hilarious. and then the sheer banhappyness that some admins are to the situation just makes this all abit pathetic really.

we should all be mature and grown up enough, even if you are actually a girl, to take it as a bit of fun and if the girl in question is abit of s spoil sport, i dont see the problem in sorted it out (again) in a mature way of " hey man, thanks really insulting to me and stuff, can you please stop it". to which im sure these lovely guys will happily follow and stop.

yesssssssssss

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Savy - 2013-11-19 02:18

(2013-11-19 02:04)Franky Wrote:  I feel like this policing has gone too far tbh, saying things like this whether there is a female on the server or not cant possibley be offensive to anyone .. lol

in this case, the next person to calll me scottish i will report them for being abusive - or even any mention of a kilt or bagpipes, because im 8 years old and not mature enough to take it on the chin.

the fact that not even a girl reported all this started the flaming and "whining" is even more hilarious. and then the sheer banhappyness that some admins are to the situation just makes this all abit pathetic really.

we should all be mature and grown up enough, even if you are actually a girl, to take it as a bit of fun and if the girl in question is abit of s spoil sport, i dont see the problem in sorted it out (again) in a mature way of " hey man, thanks really insulting to me and stuff, can you please stop it". to which im sure these lovely guys will happily follow and stop.

yesssssssssss

Said the banned guy Smile

But if you were a female and you joined the TC server for the first time, and seen these pathetic childish people acting like this. You would instantly think "Oh this community looks nice, i'll stick around" or would you think "*Removed* that, i'll keep looking" I'm pretty sure you would pick the second option. You also can't exactly comment on this when you've no clue what was said except a few lines ( out of many ) posted in a unban request.

As said above by AJ, not too sure why you would want to pretend to be a girl.

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Nomuken - 2013-11-19 02:24

All SO post here,me too.
Polete,K1,RJ and me doing this.
No one said not to do it,NOBODY!!!!
1 TC Admin online,when it happened.
a despicable way player attacked from behind
Before dont said stop it or something...
8 days...
I lost(agan basic training)....
Dont earning money...
8 days...
little much i think...
See you 8 days later...

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - KaraK - 2013-11-19 06:53

(2013-11-19 02:18)Savy Wrote:  
(2013-11-19 02:04)Franky Wrote:  I feel like this policing has gone too far tbh, saying things like this whether there is a female on the server or not cant possibley be offensive to anyone .. lol

yesssssssssss

Said the banned guy Smile

What he says makes more sense than the ban reason though.
In the history of TC, dozens have made fun of both sexes and used a different nickname. Including TC's and people of the sexe made fun of. It's all in good fun, no harm intended.

I am unable to see how a verbal warning, or even a 1 day ban would not have sufficed.

If there were jokes being made about men, would you ban the people straight away or ask them to stop? Wink
In my eyes the banhammer seems to strike more often and harder than it does good, and something should change there.

There is no need for a code of conduct. Go by the rules, if someone finds it offensive, tell them to stop rather than to report them straight away. You'll see it would solve the problem sooner and better.

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Edwin - 2013-11-19 07:24

What KaraK said. I thought admins had to give a warning to people who break the rules and if they carry on it's a ban, there were no warnings given in this case. Giving 8/14 days without warning is pathetic tbh. At least make a forum thread notifying us that acting like females is disallowed or make the rules more specific and direct about the case. No this is not to back my teammates up, it's just my opinion on this.

About the code of conduct, I like it Sebas.

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Connor - 2013-11-19 07:29

(2013-11-19 02:18)Savy Wrote:  Said the banned guy Smile

But if you were a female and you joined the TC server for the first time, and seen these pathetic childish people acting like this. You would instantly think "Oh this community looks nice, i'll stick around" or would you think "*Removed* that, i'll keep looking" I'm pretty sure you would pick the second option. You also can't exactly comment on this when you've no clue what was said except a few lines ( out of many ) posted in a unban request.

As said above by AJ, not too sure why you would want to pretend to be a girl.

True that, there have been a few girls on the server who left because they were treated differently. People should really grow up and see they have equal rights.

I've used the girl name but tbh I've never acted differently all I've ever said was 'GIRL POWA!' but that's not offensive Smile

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Josh - 2013-11-19 08:14

The problem here is that it is all good fun until jokes are made where people do take offense. You may not personally take offence, but that doesn't mean someone else won't. It also doesn't mean that they are 'wrong' to take offence.

I won't comment on this case as I haven't looked into it enough. We certainly don't need a re-write of our own rules or a code of conduct specifically for 'women'. Different rules for women or those acting like women? Not being allowed to use certain words as a woman or act thick? Doesn't that seem to increase the inequality?

RE warnings vs. bans. In most cases we will use a ban as a last resort. I.e. we will do our best to give people warnings first (verbal or official warnings, kicks and other punishments etc) to give them a chance to understand our rules and they way we work. I do not expect people to be warned for every specific incident before higher actions are taken. In a lot of cases, a warning is a good chance to read the rules and get things together. Again I'm not in any place to comment on actions taken here.

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Sinoco - 2013-11-19 08:50

People should be treated as equal. It is a bit odd that people want to pretend to be women, but to each his own. Everyone should follow the rules that we have on the server. Everything I read in the "'girly' code of conduct" is covered by our rules, the rules about respect and language are broad for a reason.

(2013-11-19 08:14)Josh Wrote:  RE warnings vs. bans. In most cases we will use a ban as a last resort. I.e. we will do our best to give people warnings first (verbal or official warnings, kicks and other punishments etc) to give them a chance to understand our rules and they way we work. I do not expect people to be warned for every specific incident before higher actions are taken. In a lot of cases, a warning is a good chance to read the rules and get things together. Again I'm not in any place to comment on actions taken here.

Just to add something, it really irks me the wrong way when someone passes judgement on an action made by a [TC] member. We have much more information than anybody else does, and we take much more into consideration than most people realize. We rarely just look at something someone does and base it just on that, unless it is something that should be removed from the servers immediately and then we look at all the information after the fact.

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Edwin - 2013-11-19 09:27

(2013-11-19 08:14)Josh Wrote:  RE warnings vs. bans. In most cases we will use a ban as a last resort. I.e. we will do our best to give people warnings first (verbal or official warnings, kicks and other punishments etc) to give them a chance to understand our rules and they way we work. I do not expect people to be warned for every specific incident before higher actions are taken. In a lot of cases, a warning is a good chance to read the rules and get things together. Again I'm not in any place to comment on actions taken here.

Quote:Just to add something, it really irks me the wrong way when someone passes judgement on an action made by a [TC] member. We have much more information than anybody else does, and we take much more into consideration than most people realize. We rarely just look at something someone does and base it just on that, unless it is something that should be removed from the servers immediately and then we look at all the information after the fact.

That's not the point. It's about TC members are giving bans as a first resort rather than a last. As Josh has stated, admins should use a ban as a last resort. In this case the admin has just banned without verbal warning or a kick. Unfair or what?

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Josh - 2013-11-19 09:51

(2013-11-19 09:27)Edwin Wrote:  That's not the point. It's about TC members are giving bans as a first resort rather than a last. As Josh has stated, admins should use a ban as a last resort. In this case the admin has just banned without verbal warning or a kick. Unfair or what?

When we take action, we always take into account a user' history - any previous actions taken etc. Like I also said, I don't expect people to have a new warning for each separate incident. Any warning, kick or previous ban is a decent enough reason to get your act together.

How do you know what warnings or previous actions these users have had? I honestly don't think you're in a position to tell us whether or not these (or any) actions are fair unless they resolve solely around yourself.

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Nomuken - 2013-11-19 10:29

(2013-11-19 09:51)Josh Wrote:  When we take action, we always take into account a user' history

My history:
First time i use p**nhub plate,Savy or NB said "Change your plate"
(i never use Again)
2. time I use my black RAC skin,have 2 f**k sticker,i think again NB warned,and i use plast,and covered

3.time I overtake the chase with FZ in fern bay,and 5 min resicted UF1

i dont remember more.
I dont need unban,i waiting 7 days,but i think,too long time...
thanks

Nomuken

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Frozen - 2013-11-19 11:25

Sometimes people take warnings to easy. A totally disrespectfull behaviour against girls or another user cannot be warned. You know the rules and when you start to mess out just for fun you will have to assume the consequences.

You cant compare a chase overtake which is material with a disrespectfull action against girls. Reminding you that there are real girls and real persons with emotions who shouldnt be afected just because a pair of boys want to make a laugh.

Think about it

Frozen

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Makee - 2013-11-19 11:37

what about if few girls would have made laugh about boys, would you have banned them? i think no.

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Frozen - 2013-11-19 11:40

Everyone is threated in the same way. Know the difference? Its the boys who the 90% of the time want to make a laugh about girls.

Ive never seen a girl making a laugh about boys, and if that was the case, she would recieve the same action.

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - fWANKy - 2013-11-19 12:06

(2013-11-19 11:40)Frozen Wrote:  Everyone is threated in the same way. Know the difference? Its the boys who the 90% of the time want to make a laugh about girls.

Ive never seen a girl making a laugh about boys, and if that was the case, she would recieve the same action.

well then , you obviously dont talk to many girls then. because its quite common.

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Makee - 2013-11-19 12:15

Ouuuuuuch Tongue