[TC] Gaming Forums
"Girly" code of conduct - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Live for Speed Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: "Girly" code of conduct (/showthread.php?tid=9499)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Jake - 2013-11-19 12:26

Everything has been blown out of proportion, from something was harmless "Fun" has now turned into being sexist? If everyone was mature enough to laugh and joke it would be fine, a simple "Can you stop please" would of done the trick by the admin or person in the server. I also see this thread as a dig at certain members...

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Bez - 2013-11-19 12:46

After reading about warnings vs bans I'd like to add my personal opinion on them.

Surely if a user had previous warnings & kicks for abusive/disrespectful behaviour on the servers I'd understand them receiving a ban for 8 days. I do think the ban hammer is used way to often for slight offences people have done. I'm not personally talking about my own bans, just these silly bans for lets say "acting like a blonde".

Many of jokes are thrown around not meaning to harm people and I don't think these lads were there to harm anyone and after reading the comments they are pretty normal, hardly sexist in any way just being silly and having a laugh with each other. I've seen admins tell their regulars/affiliates before to calm down and stop. So why in this case couldn't methods of accepting a on screen warning have helped more than just banning people. If the admin in question use this method instead of banning people for silly things, they would of stopped right away and that would of been marked on their URS for future offences.

I also don't think your whole URS should count towards your next ban. If the offence is the same thing that happened in the past then, yes by all means count that towards the action that happens next. Lets take mine for example, I've had previous offences for insulting people & my last ban was 180 days. If I was to go break an unknown rule to me lets say.. Do not exploit any bugs within LFS or InSim, that I've had no past warning for id get over 180 days because of something totally different?

But at the end of the day, its TC's servers and their allowed to do whatever they like, its up to them if they take in the community's ideas, notes, ban appeals, reports ect.. Just remember that as the community we keep your servers going. Without us you'd be a group on your own server cruising. Rules are made to be followed & broken. Everyone in life breaks rules. But you have to accept the consequences if you get caught.

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Pipa - 2013-11-19 13:01

(2013-11-19 12:06)Franky Wrote:  well then , you obviously dont talk to many girls then. because its quite common.

You getting mocked by girls? Awww poor franky come here *hug*.

(2013-11-19 12:46)Bez Wrote:  If I was to go break an unknown rule to me lets say.. Do not exploit any bugs within LFS or InSim, that I've had no past warning for id get over 180 days because of something totally different?

That is being taken into consideration, however at some point you are supposed to have read the rules and are supposed to follow them, so eventhough you might not have broken that specific rule before your other bans still might be considered.

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Makee - 2013-11-19 13:06

Savy Wrote:As said above by AJ, not too sure why you would want to pretend to be a girl.

Having girl name as a nickname in pink(or any other colors) is pretending to be a girl? Yes?

You should ask that from your fellow team members.

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - BP - 2013-11-19 13:11

(2013-11-19 13:06)Makee Wrote:  
Savy Wrote:As said above by AJ, not too sure why you would want to pretend to be a girl.

Having girl name as a nickname and having pink color is pretending to be a girl? Yes?

You should ask that from your fellow team members.

Having a mere girl's name isn't pretending. Messages like the ones these users were saying is pretending, and obviously they were unsuitable too.

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Kyllone - 2013-11-19 14:04

I have been a member in this community since Summer of 2010. It's been 3 years, me trying to be polite as I can be, trying to understand mistakes others do and just let it go, I have tried to have as good behavior in the moments someone has said something to me, or crashed me or whatever. One day me and a few others mess around abit, not trying to make harm to anyone. We were making jokes thats true, but simply by coming to me and saying "could you stop that please?" wheter is and admin or not, I will do it. Then I know someone didn't like it and I won't continue as I don't want to be mean to anyone, everyone has a right to have fun on the server and not be bullied or anything. If someone feels like it, I move on to my own businness and leave the thing there.

Nobody on the whole time said to me "can you stop?". Next thing I see, boom 8 days ban.

Nearly 4 years whitout a ONE ban from the servers, then you make a mistake once and you get thrown out immediately. So much I wanted to just go and apologize, then a imaginary shake of hands and continue going on with our things Wink But no. Punishment has to be a over week of a ban.

Taking care of things by just talking to each other, makes me respect other people, makes me respect the meaning of an apology and a mistake.

This kind of a thing, makes me only angry and bitter. And no, it wont go in 8 days. I'm really upset this couldn't be handeled by just talking 1 on 1 or something.

Meanwhile I hear people calling those that have made this mistake in words like pathetic. Even the people from the TC team. Is that ok? Because I'm glad you said that in your post number 6. Smile You know I have pretended to be a girl and made a joke. A mistake. But whatever, I'm banned now. I'm PATHETIC.

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Mr. NB - 2013-11-19 14:21

(2013-11-19 02:04)Franky Wrote:  and then the sheer banhappyness that some admins are to the situation just makes this all abit pathetic really.

Ban happy? Indeed, I can't wait to read through 20 pages of chatlog to see 5 regular players acting like a bunch of 5 year olds.

Spamming the chat with "i'm a woman, i can't do this kind of thing", "i need more money from daddy", "i need new boobs", "i need husbands credit card" crap for half an hour, is not acceptable.

The only pathetic thing here is you not being able to take the responsibility for your actions.

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Kyllone - 2013-11-19 14:27

I said I have made a mistake. I would like to apologise for it. You NB aswell, you seem to be so nice when talking in PMs but coming here your straight away telling me I'm not taking responsibility for my actions. And that once again, its pathetic.

I've stated; I made a mistake, I'm willing to apologise and if I know right, I'm taking responsibility of this for the next 8 days. I'm 100% with Franky.

I'm fine, hope this ban of mine solves it for you.

Just what Franky said down below. Someone has to say it.

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - fWANKy - 2013-11-19 14:28

(2013-11-19 13:01)Pipa Wrote:  
(2013-11-19 12:06)Franky Wrote:  well then , you obviously dont talk to many girls then. because its quite common.

You getting mocked by girls? Awww poor franky come here *hug*.

they even beat me up! (but thats something completely different).

I dont think it helps when admins are constantly "mad bro" and try and be the white knight. everyone gets some hearty abuse from time to time (gingers, germans, petes, savys laugh and mikees lack of balls) but when it comes to mocking girls its just simple 8 day ban , being a server regular doesnt mean anything ofc..

oh a girl, i must do anything i can to impress her so i can get into her virtual underwear! oh really, yeah.

hm mr nub, i bet you enjoy being the boss. now you have all these kids raging at you and the management for something that was so easy to stop by anyone with a little common sense.

"can you stop acting like this please, we have recieved a complaint about you guys"

"ok"

oohhhh so simple instead of causing a shitstorm with your regulars.

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Mr. NB - 2013-11-19 14:41

Franky, I don't need adminning lessons from a guy that has served over 10 lenghty bans and is currently banned for half a year. If you'd have any clue whatsoever, you wouldn't get banned from wherever you go.

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Bez - 2013-11-19 14:43

(2013-11-19 14:41)Mr. NB Wrote:  Franky, I don't need adminning lessons from a guy that has served over 10 lenghty bans and is currently banned for half a year. If you'd have any clue whatsoever, you wouldn't get banned from wherever you go.

Yeah but that's just franky.. He cant help being himself. Wink

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Ras - 2013-11-19 14:45

People need to stop telling admins how to do their job.

If anyone don't like it here, you are free to leave.

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Bez - 2013-11-19 14:50

(2013-11-19 14:45)Ras Wrote:  People need to stop telling admins how to do their job.

If anyone don't like it here, you are free to leave.

I think what everyone's trying to say is;
  • Bans for extreme cases only.
  • Kicks for mild cases.
  • Warnings for slight cases.

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - fWANKy - 2013-11-19 14:51

i think you guys need to stop getting so upset on a little criticism and maybe take into account the view point of nearly everyone in this thread.

also, my past has nothing to with this so dont bring it into this.

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Josh - 2013-11-19 14:57

At this point I'd just like to point something out:

You are of course free to discuss this case, as long as those involved (users who received actions and the admin who issued them) are happy to, it's a forum after all.

However I would like you all to keep it clean - there is no need for any insulting, abuse, personal digs or pointless petty comments. Please bare that in mind. If anyone can't stick to that, the thread will be closed and forum warnings possibly issued.

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Frozen - 2013-11-19 15:15

(2013-11-19 14:28)Franky Wrote:  hm mr nub, i bet you enjoy being the boss. now you have all these kids raging at you and the management for something that was so easy to stop by anyone with a little common sense.

At this limit, i think this thread just deserves a lock.

Also Franky, you are just showing how immature you are. Insulting the TC Management will just get you banned from the forums too.

Probably you don't care, but atleast ,save that comments for yourself, and if you don't like how this server is managed, leave. I hardly believe we are going to miss you since the only thing you are doing since you arrived is messing out and getting banned.

With all said I think this has to be closed.

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Pipa - 2013-11-19 15:18

I can understand the points franky and everyone else raised and i sort of agree. I usually like offensive things and a good flame war, but TC is just not the place for that and we all had or will have to learn this at some point.

TC aims to be a rather children and family friendly community and this just doesn't fit in very well.

(2013-11-19 15:15)Frozen Wrote:  With all said I think this has to be closed.

Nah lets all step back a bit, calm down and we should be able to continue this.

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Kyllone - 2013-11-19 15:29

(2013-11-19 15:15)Frozen Wrote:  
(2013-11-19 14:28)Franky Wrote:  hm mr nub, i bet you enjoy being the boss. now you have all these kids raging at you and the management for something that was so easy to stop by anyone with a little common sense.
Also Franky, you are just showing how immature you are. Insulting the TC Management

Howcome TC members have the right to insult then? Tell me that Frozen, don't just try to be defending all the admins like they would have done everything right here and for example me, are complete trash.

I agree with the thing, none of this had to conclude. Things can be solved by talking. If it would have been like that, this wouldn't be here. Probably everybody would be pretty happy.

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Mr. NB - 2013-11-19 15:37

(2013-11-19 15:29)Kyllone Wrote:  Howcome TC members have the right to insult then?

Can you give an example? Please quote the insult, I've been trying to find it, but I can't.

(2013-11-19 15:29)Kyllone Wrote:  Things can be solved by talking. If it would have been like that, this wouldn't be here. Probably everybody would be pretty happy.

I didn't feel that talking would be enough for some, simple as that. While two of the involved players got away with a warning, becouse they weren't participating that much and were certainly less offensive than the rest, I felt that bans should be issued in some cases. You've crossed the line and got banned. Deal with it.

My job isn't to make you happy, but to make sure that servers are friendly and pleasant for everyone. Regardless their age or sex.

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - fWANKy - 2013-11-19 15:39

(2013-11-19 15:15)Frozen Wrote:  

At this limit, i think this thread just deserves a lock.

Also Franky, you are just showing how immature you are. Insulting the TC Management will just get you banned from the forums too.

Probably you don't care, but atleast ,save that comments for yourself, and if you don't like how this server is managed, leave. I hardly believe we are going to miss you since the only thing you are doing since you arrived is messing out and getting banned.

With all said I think this has to be closed.

i never insulted any tc management, i simply hinted that more common sense should be applied. and if you think thats insulting then you should look up what that word actually means.

also, its a forum, i can express my views. my views are obviously negitive and i havnt abused or insulted any specific person. if you cant handle my difference of opinion you have the ability to use that not so "common" sense and ignore/block me.

if you have anything to say about my points, please i encourage you to share them. but being on you highhorse and again bringing my past into this isnt the sensible way to do it.