[TC] Gaming Forums
"Girly" code of conduct - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Live for Speed Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: "Girly" code of conduct (/showthread.php?tid=9499)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Polete - 2013-11-19 15:57

(2013-11-19 15:37)Mr. NB Wrote:  Can you give an example? Please quote the insult, I've been trying to find it, but I can't.

There you got, easy as come back one page

(2013-11-19 02:18)Savy Wrote:  But if you were a female and you joined the TC server for the first time, and seen these pathetic childish people acting like this.

I would like to see what will happen if I call a TC member pathetic.

I also think that things what happened in the past, SHOULD stay in the past and you guys dont need to explain every ban we had every time we try to talk about an unban request. About "abuse" bans, I never had any warning before get banned, and MR.NB you said me this in my unban req.

"You were drifting and causing an accident after accident, while your nickname was "MAD ARAB" and you had "Y U ARAB" on your license plate."

We all saw many times the words "change ur number plate/name please". No one said anything to me last time I got banned, and I never been warned for wear a name that I must do not use, and as you said and I dont think that an arab guy would get offended because I was wearing "Y U ARAB" on my numberplate

So this time is the same, we didnt get any warning or talked before get banned.
Im not trying to show a TC member how to admin because I think if you are a TC you are enough good admin, but remember that everyone does mistakes, and when a TC member makes a mistake is not taking the same penalty as others.

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Dan - 2013-11-19 16:08

(2013-11-19 15:37)Mr. NB Wrote:  Can you give an example? Please quote the insult, I've been trying to find it, but I can't.

Not that I'm going to drop anyone in it, or get on the bad side of you, Mr. NB (as my main intention here is to input to the discussion), I've been called various things not just on the LFS Server, but TeamSpeak too. Firstly, the over-used "nub". It can be interpreted in a disrespectful manner, but I just take it as a pinch of salt; I would be over exaggerated if I reported a [TC] member for doing such thing.

Secondly, and more on a higher case, somebody read out "danielp1997 is connecting..." in the TS server. Yet, instead of reading the 'p', it was said as "daniel pedophile 1997 is connecting...".

You don't see me head straight to the forums and report them, or maybe have a word with Level 1's on the quiet? Again, I take it as a joke. Not that I'm basing my post around me, but more on a general level. If I made that sort or remark yet a [TC] member didn't see that as a joke, due to the fact they've the ability to do this almighty thing called a ban, they would impose that.

I do not know what Kyllone's history is like, nor anyone for that matter, nor do I know the circumstances in which TC would take an action (and what factors contribute towards that action). They do a fantastic job as it is during their own time and I've no doubt that they've guidelines to follow.

To re-itterate, this wasn't a dig at anyone, but I just felt that the aforementioned cases had to be mentioned.

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Mr. NB - 2013-11-19 16:10

First of all, this is not a group Unban Request. I don't feel like justifying my actions again and again. I've done it in your Unban Request and that's it. If you want to discuss what should and what shouldn't be allowed to say when you're using a womanly nickname, feel free to (although I don't see any need for any kind of special code of conduct, all that is needed is a bit of common sense in my opinion), but if you feel that I've denied your Unban Request unfairly, create an Unban Appeal. I've given you the instructions in your Unban Request.

(2013-11-19 15:57)Polete Wrote:  We all saw many times the words "change ur number plate/name please". No one said anything to me last time I got banned, and I never been warned for wear a name that I must do not use, and as you said and I dont think that an arab guy would get offended because I was wearing "Y U ARAB" on my numberplate

I brought that up becouse you were wondering why you were banned for longer than the others. As I've said, there're several bans on your record for being abusive and disrespectful, which is why I've decided to make your ban longer.

Bring this thread back on track or it will get locked.

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Nomuken - 2013-11-19 16:11

btw Frozen
you online too
WHY DID NOT SAY ON THE SERVER?
Only here have big mouth?
Us pathetic?
Child?
I play to have fun.
I never banned anywhere.
I admin too few server.
can not always be serious man

My last comment......

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Frozen - 2013-11-19 16:16

(2013-11-19 16:11)Nomuken Wrote:  btw Frozen
you online too
WHY DID NOT SAY ON THE SERVER?
Only here have big mouth?

Me online where and when? When you were messing arround with Girl(s) names?

No I wasn't online, I've just re-uploaded the replay which Cobra provided, so I cannot understand what you're talking about.

I don't have a big mouth, just saying my own opinion like the rest of the users are doing here, so I'm not going to be an exception.

If you would like to clarify what your intention(s) is/are , then i'll be happy to answer you , there's no need in a rage reply.

Frozen

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Polete - 2013-11-19 16:17

(2013-11-19 16:10)Mr. NB Wrote:  Bring this thread back on track or it will get locked.

I also wrote some other things and I was just showing you an example of ban without warn which is the theme of this thread

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Mr. NB - 2013-11-19 16:20

(2013-11-19 16:08)DanielP Wrote:  Secondly, and more on a higher case, somebody read out "danielp1997 is connecting..." in the TS server. Yet, instead of reading the 'p', it was said as "daniel pedophile 1997 is connecting...".

Without a doubt reading the "p" in your name as "pedophile" is offensive. If I've seen or heard anyone calling you that, I'd have a word with him there and then. If you want to discuss this case further, please send me a private message.

Sometimes people don't know where the boundaries are. There can be a thin line between being funny and offensive. In yesterday's case it was crossed. If I was a woman that had to read all that, I'd leave the server and never return again.

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Dan - 2013-11-19 16:27

(2013-11-19 16:20)Mr. NB Wrote:  Sometimes people don't know where the boundaries are. There can be a thin line between being funny and offensive. In yesterday's case it was crossed.

Absolutely. I am not against your actions you took towards K1 or Polete yesterday (let's face it, I can't be) but maybe having a word with them on the quiet side just saying how it's been taken too far and would you mind removing the pink name, bla bla bla would have been suffice.

In regards to the username comment, I am more than fine with what was mentioned, as I perceived it merely as a joke.

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Audiojack - 2013-11-19 17:35

(2013-11-19 15:37)Mr. NB Wrote:  My job isn't to make you happy, but to make sure that servers are friendly and pleasant for everyone. Regardless their age or sex.

This is correct! After reading the thread and some outside talk about this subject as well, I think the disciplinary actions given by TC were justified and to be honest I doubt I would have as much patience in situations like this. So thumbs up from me to you guys Thumbup1

And yes, I know that some of my teammates opinions differ from mine, but a LFS team is not a hivemind so I can still express my own opinion about the situation. Of course it's always sad to see people get banned like this but I hope people will now just stop with the girl disguises which I've always despised. Smile

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Howlin - 2013-11-19 17:44

Im with AJ, after reading this thread it makes me sad to think people cannot handle getting banned for there actions, if you feel the ban was unfair, fair enough go and make an unban request (like you have) and wait to see what the admin says, NB has explained himself many times and his reasons are sound. I mean i have nothing against anyone here using female names if they want to, its fun you know but just learn from your mistakes, i mean how would you feel being female and seeing this in chat??

Just my opinion here, cheers
Howlin

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Savy - 2013-11-19 19:23

(2013-11-19 12:46)Bez Wrote:  If I was to go break an unknown rule to me lets say.. Do not exploit any bugs within LFS or InSim, that I've had no past warning for id get over 180 days because of something totally different?

As pipa said here, at some point we have to ask the question "Is this user learning at all?" If someone has over 10+ bans at some point we've to look at them and think "Should they be on our servers?" and "At what point do we stop this?" and I would just like to point out, different things require different bans. For example, the example you posted there would instantly give you a perm ban for abusing a insim bug. Another example would be driving around in circles, gaining KM and money while actually being afk. This would get you a straight perm.

It's funny to me personally how some of you are saying we ban to quickly, but when you report something to us and if a ban is issued. You say "thanks" and don't question our actions, but when its against YOU suddenly we're banning too quickly and we should speak to people more.

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Kyllone - 2013-11-19 19:23

Maybe I'll drop out of this discussion for now, as long as I won't be mentioned. Tongue Me moaning to NB here won't help anyone Tongue

But can everyone please leave those "pathetic", "childish", "immature" comments out now ok? I've got it, I know your important opinions now.

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Cobra - 2013-11-19 19:44

Hello,

so to all only I would like to clarify something.
I read my Name more than one time on this theard.

Now I write here from own interest, even if I do not get on why I here must justify.

I have here nobody directly and deceptively reportet.

I have asked just one sometimes on the server "What fun should be this, Seriosly." On it there there came no answer.

It is not here about the colour or about the female name. Its only about it what has been said.

Everybody knows the rules. On every action follows, as everybody knows, a reaction.
It is not to be said my job to users they should stop with it. I am no Admin.

I have demanded only one Admin and more not. A Replay was demanded and I have to this wish follows performed.
Names were required and I have said them. Everything was further decided in the Tc Managment.

Fun there or here. Who writes such things in the head chat must not surprise afterwards there is discomfort.

One can provide a channel where one can correspond undisturbed. Then one runs none to be announced.

Maybe should be thought sometimes about the fact that also words to injured ones are able.

If one writes emotions or a Joke cannot be sometimes recognised properly. There sometimes already reaches a missing comma or a missing Smilie

At last everybody is responsible for itself. Only because somebody writes such a thing or makes one must not still take part long.

Everybody has to make the choice unban request. Had to do these being declined has probably his founds.

The Tc Managment varies from case to case and this is also right thus and should not be put in asks.

It acts to me suffer for the incommodities.

Greetings Alex

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - KaraK - 2013-11-19 20:00

(2013-11-19 19:23)Savy Wrote:  It's funny to me personally how some of you are saying we ban to quickly, but when you report something to us and if a ban is issued. You say "thanks" and don't question our actions, but when its against YOU suddenly we're banning too quickly and we should speak to people more.

When things are being reported, most of the cases people have tried to talk to the 'rule-breakers' to stop them, which didn't work and lead to the report. Things are different.
It is not about that WE are getting banned, it's about people being banned for things which don't really require a straight 8 day ban.
More people join the discussion now as the people involved are regulars and multiple players have been banned.

Something totally different... Who made the decision of adding those new smilies? Tongue

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Warped - 2013-11-20 07:43

(2013-11-19 19:23)Kyllone Wrote:  But can everyone please leave those "pathetic", "childish", "immature" comments out now ok? I've got it, I know your important opinions now.

How would you describe your actions in other way? Just to mention, I got quite shocked when I heard that you guys called me cocky.

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Stephen - 2013-11-20 09:47

After reading the chat logs regarding these bans I have no problem standing by Mr. NB's decisions.

RE: "Girly" code of conduct - Pete - 2013-11-20 21:46

I wish I'd have seen this sooner so that I could have ended it as soon as it started...

Just use your common sense and don't be sexist/racist or rude and everyone will get along quite nicely.

Be nice to one another and think about the possible implications of what you're planning before doing them.

Thread Closed