[TC] Gaming Forums
Chase Epic Win - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Multimedia (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: Chase Epic Win (/showthread.php?tid=9578)

Chase Epic Win - GT4tube - 2013-11-24 18:20

Welcome! Biggrin

COP CHASE EPIC WIN! xD

RE: Chase Epic Win - Connor - 2013-11-24 18:24

Oh Saffy will never learn to never mess with XFR cops >Smile Naa, she usually gets away! Tongue

RE: Chase Epic Win - Pete - 2013-11-24 18:41

Bit of a suicidal PIT if I'm honest.

RE: Chase Epic Win - Byran - 2013-11-24 19:03

(2013-11-24 18:41)Lampshade Wrote:  Bit of a suicidal PIT if I'm honest.

oh yeah those are the types of pits where the cop knows its a pit but hes gonna get hurt in the process, ive done a few of those to work to my benefit Tongue

RE: Chase Epic Win - BP - 2013-11-24 20:06

And that ladies and gentleman, is the epitome of desperation. Tongue

RE: Chase Epic Win - Howlin - 2013-11-24 20:15

saffy said this was a great pit but dayuum now i have seen it, i know exacly what she was talking about! Biggrin

RE: Chase Epic Win - Paul - 2013-11-24 21:43

It was a great pit, however, I agree with lamp..

RE: Chase Epic Win - GT4tube - 2013-11-24 21:56

lol...........................................................

RE: Chase Epic Win - Leon - 2013-11-25 14:06

Yep. Actually goes against our rules. Semi kamikaze move.

RE: Chase Epic Win - Jake - 2013-11-25 15:00

Looked reckless and out of control to me? Just my opinion

RE: Chase Epic Win - Dowpy - 2013-11-25 16:29

Nothing wrong with this pit?

RE: Chase Epic Win - Luke - 2013-11-25 17:20

Good pit but, not safe at all so not a good pit Wink If you wasn't chasing Saffy then others wouldn't be very happy Smile and as Leon said, it isn't actually legal to pit people into barriers.

RE: Chase Epic Win - Connor - 2013-11-25 18:06

(2013-11-25 17:20)LuckyLuke Wrote:  Good pit but, not safe at all so not a good pit Wink If you wasn't chasing Saffy then others wouldn't be very happy Smile and as Leon said, it isn't actually legal to pit people into barriers.

I've pitted admins into barriers with them saying 'good job'. Never really been told not to.

RE: Chase Epic Win - BP - 2013-11-25 18:12

(2013-11-25 17:20)LuckyLuke Wrote:  Good pit but, not safe at all so not a good pit Wink If you wasn't chasing Saffy then others wouldn't be very happy Smile and as Leon said, it isn't actually legal to pit people into barriers.

Pitting into a barrier is a legal manoeuvre. I just didn't like the fact the cop crashed immediately after the execution, and it was quite obvious it would happen.

RE: Chase Epic Win - BMW-gek - 2013-11-25 19:02

(2013-11-25 18:12)BoyPower Wrote:  

Pitting into a barrier is a legal manoeuvre. I just didn't like the fact the cop crashed immediately after the execution, and it was quite obvious it would happen.

So we can forget rule 5.4?

RE: Chase Epic Win - Sebas - 2013-11-25 19:34

(2013-11-25 18:12)BoyPower Wrote:  

In regards to rule 5.4:

5.4. Force / Physical Contact
Any force used must be calculated and tactical. The direct impact of intentional contact should cause very minor or ideally no damage to either car. Ramming is forbidden.

Most of the time cops will PIT you into the barrier causing your car to crash and be almost undrivable afterwards. Are you saying this is considered legal? I've had multiple "Report Threats" when doing it by accident and I always find cops doing that kind of manoeuver pretty fishy IMO.

Cops shouldnt send people in the barriers fully knowing they will crash and end the chase.

RE: Chase Epic Win - Pipa - 2013-11-25 19:58

Well we are trying to replicate real police chases on TC and the P.I.T. maneuver is usually used to disable the persons car from continuing the chase. May that be by boxing it in quickly, making it get stuck or making it hit something like static objects. "Collateral damage" should always be avoided.

Some time ago it was frowned upon due to the barrier physics making you instantly spin into the air, but since those have been fixed quite well, there is not point not to.

And we are on even terms aswell, since suspects can do similar. I have been pitted into barriers in both cases (cop and suspect) and never found anything wrong with it.

Edit:
(2013-11-25 19:34)Sebas Wrote:  In regards to rule 5.4:

Any force used must be calculated and tactical. The direct impact of intentional contact should cause very minor or ideally no damage to either car. Ramming is forbidden.

Most of the time cops will PIT you into the barrier causing your car to crash and be almost undrivable afterwards. Are you saying this is considered legal? I've had multiple "Report Threats" when doing it by accident and I always find cops doing that kind of manoeuver pretty fishy IMO.

Cops shouldnt send people in the barriers fully knowing they will crash and end the chase.

The direct impact is the P.I.T that sends you into the barrier. Once you hit the barrier the direct impact has already been made.

RE: Chase Epic Win - BP - 2013-11-25 20:01

Regarding that snippet from the rules, what's that meant to prove in this case?

If you're referring to the "direct impact" bit, please note that it is literally referring to the direct impact. The damage by hitting a barrier after being PIT manoeuvred is not direct, it is rather an aftermath. PIT manoeuvring someone into a barrier is slightly lame at times (although we've all done it) yet is perfectly within the rules.

RE: Chase Epic Win - Sebas - 2013-11-25 21:19

I was refering to people taking advantage of a PIT to send the suspect sideways into a barrier (making the car T-Bone the barrier itself) and sending the car flying in the air because of physics issues. In no time i'm against using a physical object to stop the suspect or using a PIT to push him into the grass and getting him stuck between the cop car and a barrier.

Pipa's explaination pretty much says what i meant:

Pipa Wrote:Well we are trying to replicate real police chases on TC and the P.I.T. maneuver is usually used to disable the persons car from continuing the chase. May that be by boxing it in quickly, making it get stuck or making it hit something like static objects. "Collateral damage" should always be avoided.

What i wanted to point out is when people take advantage of physics issues in LFS to end a chase, not trying to genuinely stop a chase with proven and totally legal moves.

(2013-11-25 20:01)BoyPower Wrote:  

Regarding that snippet from the rules, what's that meant to prove in this case?

If you're referring to the "direct impact" bit, please note that it is literally referring to the direct impact. The damage by hitting a barrier after being PIT manoeuvred is not direct, it is rather an aftermath. PIT manoeuvring someone into a barrier is slightly lame at times (although we've all done it) yet is perfectly within the rules.

RE: Chase Epic Win - Roba - 2013-11-25 21:23

PITting into barriers are fine, but not many people like it, as LFS physics aren't perfect and it will quite often ruin your car, even flip it upside down.

If you pit someone into a barrier, and then continue to crash into them right after they hit the barrier, that's not fine at all. It should be considered ramming, especially if the manoeuvre in question is planned, and the cop knows that he might or will crash into the suspect after it.