[TC] Gaming Forums
Move for siren - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Move for siren (/showthread.php?tid=9620)

Move for siren - Sadie - 2013-11-27 13:35

I not gonna write a story about this but just this easy:

Can we add that when police use !MOVE it will come MOVE FOR POLICE >>> on the screen we do it on? Like STOP FOR POLICE >>> when we chase a user. Some people never move when we use it

RE: Move for siren - Connor - 2013-11-27 13:48

I always thought it did! Tongue

+1 to this if it doesn't, no one ever respects sirens and it would probably reduce reports on this kind of thing.

RE: Move for siren - Sadie - 2013-11-27 13:55

Yeah. Sometimes they dont see it, sometimes i need to do it 5times before they see.. And that make lot of spam

RE: Move for siren - Dan - 2013-11-27 14:41

Been mentioned a lot of times and it's a good, simple idea.

RE: Move for siren - Sebas - 2013-11-27 14:43

I've got mixed feelings on that one. I agree that spamming the chat with the !move bind doesnt work most of the time because people don't look at and putting a big "MOVE FOR POLICE" on the screen might be better but people have a tendency to "discard" the siren sign so why would they obey the move sign?

Its not a +1 nor a -1 for me. I'm neutral.

RE: Move for siren - Warped - 2013-11-27 14:55

Civilians have enough blinking lights on their screens,

but otherwise it could help a bit.

RE: Move for siren - Pipa - 2013-11-27 15:30

I think it is a pretty good idea. +1

RE: Move for siren - Josh - 2013-11-27 16:01

If we can make it work, then yes.

I don't know how easy it would be to display an /RCM message to selected users based on distance.

RE: Move for siren - Luke - 2013-11-27 16:31

Seen this one pop up a few times.

I don't see any negatives to this one personally its all plus plus plus,

As Josh, if its able to be done then its +1 from me Biggrin

RE: Move for siren - Sinoco - 2013-11-27 16:37

(2013-11-27 14:43)Sebas Wrote:  I've got mixed feelings on that one. I agree that spamming the chat with the !move bind doesnt work most of the time because people don't look at and putting a big "MOVE FOR POLICE" on the screen might be better but people have a tendency to "discard" the siren sign so why would they obey the move sign?

Its not a +1 nor a -1 for me. I'm neutral.

Agreed. The siren's already come up on the screen so why would somebody move for another bit of text on the screen? Could be argued that having a direct command to MOVE on your screen might be a bit more obvious/blatantly clear, but who knows if we don't try it.

RE: Move for siren - Pipa - 2013-11-27 16:43

Well i see this rather an improvment for everyone else on the server. When somebody is failing to move for police, the cop can just spam the screen of that user without annoying other people by filling the chat.

And if a cop abuses that feature, it will still show up on the chatlogs.

RE: Move for siren - Jimmy - 2013-11-27 17:01

I think this would work fine +1 from me

RE: Move for siren - Edwin - 2013-11-27 17:03

I like this suggestion as there are too many people who claims not to see the sirens on their screen or doesn't see the move in the chat. One negative about it would be from a civilian point of of view where the cop uses the move bind and it'll say "move for police" on your screen when you have already. I kinda find it annoying when cops do that even with move only in the chat.

RE: Move for siren - Connor - 2013-11-27 17:49

(2013-11-27 17:03)Edwin Wrote:  I like this suggestion as there are too many people who claims not to see the sirens on their screen or doesn't see the move in the chat. One negative about it would be from a civilian point of of view where the cop uses the move bind and it'll say "move for police" on your screen when you have already. I kinda find it annoying when cops do that even with move only in the chat.

I think cops will eventually learn to only do it once but the civilian should move right when the MOVE FOR POLICE text comes up on their screen.

@pipa I think the cop spamming the command could also get fined for spamming.

RE: Move for siren - Toni - 2013-11-27 17:57

+1 from me. And maybe you should make it to do it automatically when the chase is 100-200 metres from a not-in-chase civilians location (for example: when a chase is 200 metres behind you it will show a small size move sign, and when the chase is 100 metres of you it will show medium one and when its 50 it shows a big one.)

Just my thoughts

RE: Move for siren - Frozen - 2013-11-27 21:01

+1 Good Idea.

(2013-11-27 16:01)Josh Wrote:  If we can make it work, then yes.

I don't know how easy it would be to display an /RCM message to selected users based on distance.

Theres no need to usuage RCM's

Making a new ID:Button like the siren one but without the white background on it will just display the MOVE FOR POLICE on the screen from the selected user(s).

That button can be shown to everyone or in this particular case to the user who is NOT being chased and near you. (!move)

Insim buttons have different backgrounds, white/light , black/dark and C1 ( empty / none ) ..

Hope its clear Smile

RE: Move for siren - Connor - 2013-11-27 21:14

(2013-11-27 21:01)Frozen Wrote:  Theres no need to usuage RCM's

Making a new ID:Button like the siren one but without the white background on it will just display the MOVE FOR POLICE on the screen from the selected user(s).

That button can be shown to everyone or in this particular case to the user who is NOT being chased and near you. (!move)

Insim buttons have different backgrounds, white/light , black/dark and C1 ( empty / none ) ..

Hope its clear Smile

Oh Frozen, you so witty! Tongue

RE: Move for siren - Warped - 2013-11-29 07:16

(2013-11-27 17:57)Toni Wrote:  +1 from me. And maybe you should make it to do it automatically when the chase is 100-200 metres from a not-in-chase civilians location (for example: when a chase is 200 metres behind you it will show a small size move sign, and when the chase is 100 metres of you it will show medium one and when its 50 it shows a big one.)

Just my thoughts

It may be a good idea, but people that is already moving for police may find it annoying to still get the message..

RE: Move for siren - Toni - 2013-11-29 15:22

Maybe. But it is just an idea, not a upcoming update to it :-P