[TC] Gaming Forums
Cruise rules - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Cruise rules (/showthread.php?tid=9785)

Cruise rules - Kozlov - 2013-12-11 00:57

Hi,

A big majority of the cruiser are come from a country who they drive to right.

An admin say to me "It's say in the rules, people overtake where they want" but if it's a cruise server, it will be real rules of driving, not like a jungle.

I hope my english don't s*ck as hell and you understand my inducement.

My suggestion of rules :

it's simple, if we're in a track who we drive in right, people need to drive right and overtake on the left and return on right when they finish the overtake (it's like that at 99% of country)

if we are driving left, people drive left and overtake by the right and return on left after, that's simple and REAL.

Because overtake where you want, it's like : It's a cruise server but if you drive correctly you will be punish, that's what i understand when i speak with admins of that, i'm request to shhh my mouth because i need a to cruise really.

RE: Cruise rules - Pipa - 2013-12-11 01:10

We do have server rules that say you have to drive on the right side, however there is no rule that says you have to overtake on the left.

If you are overtaking on the right side it is considered undertaking and you can get chased for it. I see no point in adding it as a rule.

The main problem here is that you misunderstood what the admin tried to tell you. Obviously people are supposed to stay right when emergency vehicles approach, BUT if the left side is blocked no cop/med/res in their right mind would push the other person of the road and cause another accident. Emergency services want to prevent accidents, not cause them.

So they will overtake on the right if the person infront of them is unable to do so.

However in this special case both people were in a chase. In order for chases to work it means that the car getting chased does not have to move for sirens. And they are allowed to pass other chases.
Both the cop and the suspect however need to watch out for each other and make sure none of them causes a crash.
If you however cause a crash with another chase, because you failed to see them then you are 100% the one to be blamed.

And instead of apologising you then decided to ram the person, whose chase you just ruined, out of your way.

Id stick to the report thread, especially since this looks hardly like a suggestion but just another thread to vent your frustration. Not sure where the frustration is coming from though.

RE: Cruise rules - Pipa - 2013-12-11 01:37

(2013-12-11 00:57)Kozlov Wrote:  Because overtake where you want, it's like : It's a cruise server but if you drive correctly you will be punish, that's what i understand when i speak with admins of that, i'm request to shhh my mouth because i need a to cruise really.

Looks to me like you are still angry about something, certainly nothing to with an improvement suggestion.

Where did i disrespect you? Criticism /= being disrespectful.

RE: Cruise rules - Kozlov - 2013-12-11 01:46

(2013-12-11 01:37)Pipa Wrote:  
(2013-12-11 00:57)Kozlov Wrote:  Because overtake where you want, it's like : It's a cruise server but if you drive correctly you will be punish, that's what i understand when i speak with admins of that, i'm request to shhh my mouth because i need a to cruise really.

Looks to me like you are still angry about something, certainly nothing to with an improvement suggestion.

Where did i disrespect you? Criticism /= being disrespectful.

you say that : especially since this looks hardly like a suggestion but just another thread to vent your frustration. Not sure where the frustration is coming from though.

i'm not frustrate, i try to upgrade the driving.

imagine a granny at 80kmh on the left side of the highway or autobahn in germany, i never see that when i go to Köln :/

I was just hope you can understand my wish... (improve the driving)

RE: Cruise rules - Pipa - 2013-12-11 02:06

I see your point there, but although this server tries to simulate citydriving we might not get that close.

For instance our tracks are hardly wide enough to even simulate a proper 4 lane motorway with an emergency lane for each direction. Even kyoto does not have room for a constant emergency lane and there are even tighter courses.

Then there are the people driving. Some use keyboard, some mouse, and some gamepads, with those input devices it is very difficult on the tight courses to keep within a lane and therefore it is to be expected that people will at times switch lanes unecessarily.

And probably the most important thing is that we encourage people to break the "server laws" as the whole concept of TC is based on a cops&robbers server. So if you don't like somebody blocking the left lane, then go cop and chase him. But don't ram him out of your way please

RE: Cruise rules - Kozlov - 2013-12-11 02:16

Hi,

i'm ok with you here but when i push arrived at the back of Mikee's bumper,i thinking he move on the right side and i don't brake for him because i will lost my suspect. it's my fault for the hit but it's her fault too, don't move for siren and blocked my overtake.

I was tried to speak with Mikee but he push me to report on the forum. Now i think it's to late for close my report..

Good night i'll go sleep now Smile.

RE: Cruise rules - Mikee - 2013-12-11 07:41

I pushed you to report me as you clearly had no idea what you where you talking about. I wasn't just going clog the chat on the server so it's easier to explain here.

RE: Cruise rules - Lcee - 2013-12-11 09:16

I don't see the point of this new cruise rules.

We got server rules, which kind of explains all the rules we need to know.
Ramming is one of these rules, if you don't succeed in overtaking you offer an apology or compensate with an certain amount of money.
So the part where overtaking fails is covered in my eyes, no need to add certain rules as 'overtake left' or else you may get kicked/banned. That would be insane.

So, it's an -1 for me.