[TC] Gaming Forums
[Implemented] Fining - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: [Implemented] Fining (/showthread.php?tid=992)

Fining - BP - 2011-12-04 10:51

I believe I had this thread on the old forum, and as far as I remember, people generally agreed with it.

In my opinion, the difference between the speeding fines(including minor & major) that cops can give, is vastly different in comparison to the fines that speeding traps can give. As you know, cops can only give €80 fines for minor, and €100 fines for major. Speedtraps can fine literally hundreds (I've been fined around 350 for being speed-trapped on the 'Bahn).

Ultimately, my suggestion is to even them out. I think it'd be reasonable if either cops could fine more for speeding, or speed trap fines were reduced, as I believe the difference is slightly extensive. Also, just a note, I'm looking at this through the robber's point of view(I think, I'm mainly saying speedtrapping is too much, and that there's an unevenness), not the cop's POV.

Thank you for reading, please reply constructively to the suggestion, thanks.

RE: Fining - Kyllone - 2011-12-04 11:16

+1 Totally agree!

RE: Fining - Savy - 2011-12-04 11:39

Well 90% of the time if a robber is clocked its pretty much JUST as they go over the speed-limit so the cop can begin a chase, rather than like a speedtrap which fines you for your speed. Only people I've seen fined for 300+euros are the GTR's who are doing 155mph+ on a 100mph limit autobahn which to me sounds fair, otherwise everyone would be just speeding around past speed-traps, but at the moment people slow down for them so they don't get fined which in my eyes is the whole point of a speed-trap to slow people down.

RE: Fining - Stephen - 2011-12-04 12:07

I got fined over 700 once from a speedtrap.

RE: Fining - Turkey - 2011-12-04 12:29

700 Ohmy. That's insane.

+1. As suggested on the old forum, maybe normal speeding fines should go up and speed-trap fines should go down? That way they could meet somewhere in the middle.

RE: Fining - KaraK - 2011-12-04 12:30

I agree with Turkey here, but Savy has a point.

RE: Fining - ZsoLT - 2011-12-04 15:30

Speedtrap fines always more than the normal (cop give U) fines. But I agree, the difference is too large.

RE: Fining - NVK - 2011-12-04 16:13

I find the speedtraps good as they are, speed more and pay more, that will automaticly force people to slow down.

About the cop speeding fines, i find the difference between minor and major way to low. Major fine should be increased to 120, and minor stick as what it currently is.

RE: Fining - Josh - 2011-12-04 16:35

The problem is, if a cop clocks you and even stops you at 160mph, he can still only fine you 100.

RE: Fining - James - 2011-12-04 17:31

GTR noobs are a real menace on the Autobahn. Not to mention speeders who think they own the damn road. Speedtrapping acts as a deterrant, lowering the fines would defeat the point.

COPs arent there just to stop criminals but prevent speeding etc also.

One piece of advice, dont speed. You will get fined less.

RE: Fining - Turkey - 2011-12-04 19:09

I agree with the logic that risk of high fines will encourage drivers to slow down.

What I don't understand is why the fines vary so much between the driver that was pulled over for doing 50mph over the speed limit and the driver that was caught by a speed-trap 50mph over the speed limit.

Basically, high fining is okay, but inconsistent fining isn't so fair.