[TC] Gaming Forums
Wheel Lags in LFS? - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Technology Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=82)
+---- Forum: Tech Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Thread: Wheel Lags in LFS? (/showthread.php?tid=9947)

Wheel Lags in LFS? - FR4NOx - 2013-12-21 05:00

Hello,

So I've got a new pc and everything is running well. I have one problem: LFS isn't recognizing my clutch and the wheel keeps lagging when I turn...making the game unplayable for me. I can take the computer back to TigerDirect tomorrow and see if it's the USB ports, but first I want to see if there's just a quick fix out there for it..
I tried recording it with fraps but it seems like the whole system lags...

Any help?

Thanks!

Kenwood

RE: Wheel Lags in LFS? - Jacob - 2013-12-21 07:03

Hey man,

I had the same problem, but it wasn´t an USB. I tried my wheel on other PC and it was doing the same as on mine PC. It was a wheel´s error...

Can you try it somewhere else?

RE: Wheel Lags in LFS? - FR4NOx - 2013-12-21 07:29

It was working fine on my laptop yesterday

Edit: and that laptop is somewhat dead/in hospice

RE: Wheel Lags in LFS? - Cola - 2013-12-21 10:26

Installed the driver for the wheel?

RE: Wheel Lags in LFS? - FR4NOx - 2013-12-21 17:25

(2013-12-21 10:26)Cola Wrote:  Installed the driver for the wheel?
...yes.

EDIT: Just tested it with my laptop, works perfectly fine. It's not the wheel. Does it make a difference that I used the USB 3.0 port on my laptop but used a USB 2.0 port on the desktop? I don't think it should, but I just want the wheel to work.

RE: Wheel Lags in LFS? - byEdoo - 2013-12-21 19:24

Try to calibrate it and select the correct axis on LFS
Options > Controls > Axes/FF > Then select clutch and then select the correct axis
Sometimes i got that error and when i do that it works fine

RE: Wheel Lags in LFS? - FR4NOx - 2013-12-21 19:28

(2013-12-21 19:24)byEdoo Wrote:  Try to calibrate it and select the correct axis on LFS
Options > Controls > Axes/FF > Then select clutch and then select the correct axis
Sometimes i got that error and when i do that it works fine

1. The clutch is completely missing from everything.
2. I've done that. The whole PC freezes.

RE: Wheel Lags in LFS? - Chuck - 2013-12-21 19:33

I had something similar some day, but can't recall the exact circumstances. I think it came along with general problems with the wheel not being recognised by the profiler. I think disconnect the the USB cable, rebooting and putting it back helped.
Maybe start LFS w/o the wheel attached and try to set all controls to keyboard temporarily.

RE: Wheel Lags in LFS? - FR4NOx - 2013-12-21 20:02

I actually already tried that. LFS isn't the only thing not working right. Skype isn't loading messages properly, nothing's installing anymore, Anytime Upgrade isn't working....idk what to do now. Brand new computer going to shit within 24 hours, great. And because I chose to do all of the OS work myself (to save time and don't likeWin8) I'm beside myself.

*grumbles*

RE: Wheel Lags in LFS? - SLiiDE - 2013-12-22 19:25

If you have your OS on a disk, insert that and maybe try to repair windows. Also try a Malware/Virus scan and a defrag if you haven't already.

RE: Wheel Lags in LFS? - FR4NOx - 2013-12-22 20:39

(2013-12-22 19:25)SLiiDE Wrote:  If you have your OS on a disk, insert that and maybe try to repair windows. Also try a Malware/Virus scan and a defrag if you haven't already.

Not sure what a virus scan would do, it's a fresh install of windows. Defrag's irrelevant, this system's only been installed for a day on a new and rather small hard drive (500GB, smallest I've ever personally owned).

I reinstalled LGS but I haven't tested it yet. I had problems with the wheel on my old desktop and actually found a thread that I made on LFSForum about wheel problems two years ago lol.

I'll see if it's still not working when I have time later.