[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: School bullying
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Different people react in different ways to things, I personally don't like the way he's gone about expressing this, as doing something like this is opening himself up to more abuse and bullying, but I can understand exactly why he's done it.

I got bullied in primary school, and some in secondary school. The difference was, the teachers in my secondary school came down like a ton of bricks on anyone who did bully others. I've been "kegged" in PE class, i've had someone throw a milk bottle at me on my way home from school, I've had groups of about 30 lads chase me with snowballs and pelt me with them just because it's me and they think it's funny. I moved primary schools because of it, and only once have I ever retaliated in an openly violent way to something (and still have a scar on my knuckle for my troubles). I'm not a violent person, and I've never self harmed, I've considered it many a time, I've even considered suicide and to this day, I still think exactly what it must take and what it must be like to take your own life, but I've never had the courage to do it, and at the same time, I've also had the courage not to do it, and to work it out through other ways.

Tommer's advice is excellent. He needs to start doing something he wants to do, with like minded people. I used to play football, and was good, but I wasn't one of the jocky, meathead types who I mostly played with, so even there, I got bullied. Then I discovered things like karate and cricket, karate is not only a good way to take my anger out in a controlled way, but it's also something I was damn good at before my knees got too bad for it, cricket, I'm not so good at, but I still enjoy it.

Life will get better for people like him, but he needs to take steps towards doing that himself. Since I've got a decent job and found that I'm actually enjoying work and really getting on with the people i work with, and have gone to college to do a course that I actually want to do and develop on later in life, I've never been happier. I'm damn busy and knackered half the time, but I'm still loving life. He needs to find something that makes him happy and do it. He also either needs to learn how to ignore the bullying, confront whoever is doing it (preferably non-violently), or tell someone who he can talk to about it. No idea what it's like in the states (assumed due to grade school system?), but we have places and people over here we can talk to.

One side note, and don't take this the wrong way, it may just be because the bad cases get publicized more, but it seems to me that bullying in America reaches way higher levels than what we get in England. I know in the bigger cities it's a lot worse, but some of the stuff I've heard and seen from both countries is drastically different, both in the way the teachers tend to deal with things (much more confrontational in UK) and in the levels and intensities involved :/
Your words are very encouraging Street.
Can someone post the Link? The Video-embed doesn't work for me
(2011-12-05 08:17)Michi Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone post the Link? The Video-embed doesn't work for me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdkNn3Ei-...r_embedded
Well said Street.

Putting that video to auto update it does just keep adding comments every 2 seconds =/

With people saying it's fake, fake or not, it has still touched a lot of people.
(2011-12-05 12:14)Stevo Wrote: [ -> ]Well said Street.

Putting that video to auto update it does just keep adding comments every 2 seconds =/

With people saying it's fake, fake or not, it has still touched a lot of people.

yeah, thats true.

:::::

So basicly things have changed for him I guess? Or else he's a *Removed* good actor with scars. Biggrin
(2011-12-05 12:42)Malibu Wrote: [ -> ]So basicly things have changed for him I guess? Or else he's a *Removed* good actor with scars. Biggrin

Well he started new school, so i dont know.

or then,

[Image: TrollFaceDancing.gif?1312527143]
I think that was his down point in life and now he is happy? Haters gonna hate
This young lad has courage to tell the world what he is going through. Now he can move on and away from this..telling ppl ur being bullied is the 1st step to sorting it. hopefully his parents would of seen this and can help him sort it. Bullies are ppl who have been bullied themselves and resort to using bullying to cover there owns fears and worries.
This video was NO fake..look at his facial expression, his emotions, the way he deep sighs self harming, suicide was an option. These are indications of a person being bullied, have seen it all to often with my line of work. Hopefully now his CRY FOR HELP can been noticed and this sorted, otherwise this boy will end up as another statistic on the suicide list. Many countries deal with bulling in different ways, but what i do no is that this is going far less reported than it should be...WHY!!! cause they are scared, afraid, worried they wont be heard..scared that the bully will do more, they have been threatened if they do tell...the list is endless..

Saphira
I don't really know how to react to that, I've never been bullied or atleast I have never thought so.

I myself have been a huge git to some people though, but usually those people are also my best friends, so it's more like big love in the shape of my middle finger Laugh
(2011-12-04 23:00)Malibu Wrote: [ -> ]Many people say that reacting to bullying only makes it worse, but that's not true. If you don't stand up for yourself it will never end, gotta show some confidence.

You have a point there - the more you take, the less reason for bullies to stop.

Anger is a natural emotion and it's there to look out for you. Not that anger is always a good thing, but when people tell you to "just ignore it" and they know you're going though continuous abuse, what they really mean is "I don't give a shit".
I quote 'TheDanielSuperShow' (great channel on youtube, it's worth the sub):

''Just to be fair to the people calling the video fake. This video has been monitized for profit sharing, so someone IS making money off it. That's not opinion, it's fact.''
Doesn't really matter if it's a real video or not, the story is the reality for many people. Wink
I know, but still thought it was worth sharing.
I don't even get why the guy in the video is being bullied, he looks like a big lad, I'd just punch whoever it is..
(2011-12-05 15:59)BoyPower Wrote: [ -> ]I don't even get why the guy in the video is being bullied, he looks like a big lad, I'd just punch whoever it is..
Not everyone has the courage to take such action.
This video is so .. dont realy know how to say this. Its just the reality
(2011-12-05 15:59)BoyPower Wrote: [ -> ]I don't even get why the guy in the video is being bullied, he looks like a big lad, I'd just punch whoever it is..

I'm not the smallest one either. But, I did actually do something against the girl (yes, a girl) bullying me. It ended up me being chased by her brother, with +- 10 of his mates.
I was bullied too, for many years. And not by one guy. By half the year. I was at some points put on the roofs of cars, turned upside down and shoved in a paper bin, one time about 30-40 people came into my classroom, dragged me into another room and forced me to fight another boy.

You know why I was bullied? Because I was an easy target. They could get a reaction from me. Not violent, but they knew I didn't like it and that's why they did it.

One lad by the name of Sam Lavis was the worst. He bullied the whole year, but me the most. Just constantly hitting me, putting me down, the usual. In fact, the whole year, over 200 people, went to the headmaster and demanded he was kicked out. The school did nothing.

I beat bullying. Now, I'm popular, and nobody hits me, puts me down, or anything like that. And I'd love to say that it was because the school helped me out, but that's not true. Regular schools, in the UK at least, lose money if they expel someone, so they don't do it. Colleges on the other hand are not out of pocket if they expel, so they don't have a problem with throwing out bullies.

I beat bullying because I simply ignored it. One day, you will just think 'sod it, they can do what they like, because I don't care.' Because you've stopped reacting, stopped getting upset, you are no longer a target. And if you're not a target, then the bullying stops.

Sam Lavis went on to train to be a submariner. In fact, click here to see a newspaper interview. I wish him well, I think he'll do well in the navy.

I've gone on to train to be a mechanical fitter building and maintaining the submarines that he will serve on.

Funny world.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's