[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: New way to stop fast robber, stop sticks ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello,

I recently had the idea about a command which create one or two speed hump object, as a stop stick.

What is a stop stick ? :

A stop stick is a stick (Thumbup) which is placed on the middle of the road to damage the tyres of a suspect.
By the way, it could even damage the suspension very slightly in LFS.

Stop stick demo :

How it could be done in LFS :

One stick :

Double sticks :

I thought of this idea a few months ago. I think it's similar to what we call "Stingers" here in the UK. My question is, would these actually cause damage to the suspension of the cars in LFS?
I quite tested it, and it depends about how hard the suspensions are and the speed you had when you passed over it. But it doesn't do any major damage, it's very minor.

The most dangerous thing about is it could make you lose control, but can be easily avoided thought.
I used to cock up my suspension on Kyoto after laps and laps of literally jumping over the speedbumps in my super slammed rock hard FZ5, but other than that I don't see it as anything other than possibly a minor distraction for the suspect. If it's set in a good spot it could send them flying off their intended course (into barriers in tight spots or off the road)
(2013-12-27 22:44)DanielP Wrote: [ -> ]I thought of this idea a few months ago. I think it's similar to what we call "Stingers" here in the UK. My question is, would these actually cause damage to the suspension of the cars in LFS?

Yea our UK Police don't usually PIT and use Stingers instead.

Very good idea Val, I've thought about that before. A definite +1 from me, hands down (or up in this case!) Tongue

Thumbup
If it's done "right" (if that's the word we want to use), it could be devastating for the suspect. If, for example, the suspect is a damaged XFG and is pitted into the speed-bump, it will likely flip, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. In most cases it will be a very small obstacle if not a mere distraction. Though, I kind of like the idea.
In many videos I've watched, they will lay out the stinger, obviously allow the suspect to drive over it, then pull it back in time for the police to continue driving.

How would you go about removing the objects in a timely manner so that the COP's cars don't receive damage?
(2013-12-27 23:25)DanielP Wrote: [ -> ]In many videos I've watched, they will lay out the stinger, obviously allow the suspect to drive over it, then pull it back in time for the police to continue driving.

How would you go about removing the objects in a timely manner so that the COP's cars don't receive damage?

The same as it is for the !roadblocks?
Yeah, I understand the concept of it. But how can we rely on the cop who is setting up the stinger to a) remove it and b) within a timely manner?
Quote:How would you go about removing the objects in a timely manner so that the COP's cars don't receive damage?

As showed in the video, the officer must remove it quickly (could be done via a command like it was done with !rb+/-), there is the same risk as with the tyres roadblock, the consequences are just different.
The officer could slow down before or simply avoiding it by driving to the other side. (unless there is a car which doing a roadblock Wink)

The suspect may slow down too and pass over safely, or avoid it by going on the other side/u-turn.

After all, it is the problem of the police officers to be synchronized. (!cop or !x should be used therefore)
I really like the idea, +1
Very good idea! I was thinking talking about this on TS the other day Tongue If they could make a mod that actually punctures the tires! But if you correctly put this on a corner it would have a big impact on the suspects handing on corners!

+1 from me!
Loving the idea of this. It might not have a major affect on the suspect but it will improve realism and gameplay. +1
using low set on car will do huge jump over those speed bumps
I think its a good idea, if the cop is positioned as shown to be able to spawn in the object using a command (e.g !st for stinger) then it provides good support for cops, if good communication is used then this could be really effective and causes no problems with the rules. Big +1
If you drive quick enough, speedbumps hardly have any effect on your car. As long as the driver uses a proper setup that is. Straight over bumps has hardly any affect. Sure, putting it in corners then comes to mind, but people already have a hard time putting roadblocks on the road properly for the right people, let alone a set of bumps who can send someone off flying OOB in a corner. The idea is nice, but I don't see how this could be done "properly" without harming the non-suspects.
im up for it Wink
I vote no, as its a good idea this is not even a major distraction as BP said it would only be if they are pitted on it. cops already have the use of two types of road blocks. tires and there actual car. the suspect has already enough to worry about just running from cops then you throw a RB infront of the suspect and it creates a new thing of where to go and am I going to hit the barrier especially if its a good placed RB then its pretty destructible for us robbers. this will also cause a nuisance for cruisers imo unless they like can you stance type suspensions then they will try to go slow over them causing crashes, no thanks.
Never heard about stopping sticks, but what I see, it's feels like a good idea.

+1
That idea has just one flaw: Speedbumps don't stop a cars. Regular setups pass them completely unimpressed.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's