[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: London Fireworks 2014 - New Year's Eve Fireworks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well what a display London pulled off on New Year's Eve. What are your thoughts? Is too much money being spent on pretty displays to merely "beat" other countries, or what?

@10:28 it's just pure chaos. WAY too many fireworks, it's not even fireworks anymore it's just a massive explosion that just seems OTT.

I don't think we need that many fireworks, we need to SAVE money and maybe keep things a bit more simple and spend more money on the finer things...like alcohol... Smile
i could not stop laughing at the ending, why so pointless? Biggrin

Also the "after the third stroke the time will be 2014 precisely" at the end, i dont get it. The new year had already been about 10 minutes in when that display finished.
(2014-01-02 03:43)HOWLINmad22 Wrote: [ -> ]i could not stop laughing at the ending, why so pointless? Biggrin

Also the "after the third stroke the time will be 2014 precisely" at the end, i dont get it. The new year had already been about 10 minutes in when that display finished.

Same here what the heck haha Biggrin So London had 2 new years, the first one with countdown and fireworks and then the "precice" one abit later on haha.

Well I think that was a bit too much Tongue 1min of it could have been enough probably but whatever Biggrin
Blimey. That was gorgeous!
--
I'll make sure I would be there next year's eve.
If you think the ending looks like chaos on the video, trust me, it's much more chaotic in real life. But it's so impressive.
were you there pete?
(2014-01-02 09:50)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]If you think the ending looks like chaos on the video, trust me, it's much more chaotic in real life. But it's so impressive.

Oh I know, I was there! Tongue
The whole 'at the third stroke' is something to do with out "123 Speaking Clock" telephone number... I guess lol
I was there from 3pm till 3am, Bloody good, crowds going wild at the end. It started to rain about 11:45pm, but that didn't stop anyone from leaving, it was worth getting abit wet for such an brilliant event! Hats off to London Borough etc! Why i love London so much.

A few pics i took, think i must of took over 60 that night, glad my S3 battery lasted that long!!

[Image: 20140101_000052.jpg]

[Image: 20140101_001042.jpg]

[Image: 20140101_000625.jpg]

[Image: 20140101_002309.jpg]

[Image: 20131231_214624.jpg]
My God... That could of been appropriate for a change of millennium, 2014 isn't that great achievement.

Must say, quite a show anyway...
2014.. it is. Minus the new "European's flooding our country in a matter of days!!" Tongue
Reference URL's