[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Change of Scenery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey TC,

Lately i have been playing around with new textures, and i notice how much nicer it looks on the Cloudy Sunset.

LFS is getting a bit old now, so a lot of people decide to add new textures etc, but thats not the point.

I was just wondering whether it would be nice to have a change of weather. I have never noticed TC go into cloudy sunset or overcast, but i thought it would be nice if every few track changes we make it a cloudy sunset and then maybe an overcast then clear afternoon and so on.

This has been brought up many times i believe but not in the same way. It is a minor thing that can be done on the track change, as i believe it does not require any script change. I do not mean it to change automatically, but manually as an admin changes the track.

an example of my view:
Just a thought, what do you guys think?
A few months ago when the map was changed, the weather was also changed, but someone didn't like it and changed it back after a mere few hours. It was interesting whilst it lasted. I'd love to see it happen again.
Although, is the current blackwood on sunset? Tongue xD if so i have made a completely useless suggestion xD
Haven't been on in a couple of days, so unless it's been changed since then, the last time I was on it was on normal day.
I do like the weather changes. Even overcast is cool! We need to change these with the track rotations.
I would love to see weather changes too. Unfortunately, last time TC tested it, everybody complained about it and it was changed a mere couple hours afterwards.
That's annoying how people didn't like it. I remember those changes, they looked pretty good. I'd say bring them back to see what happen. (And ignore those people who 'don't like it'!)
Well we got 2 servers with same map, maybe have normal day on the other and something else on the other?

So if people complain, they can go to the other server
(2014-01-10 14:35)Roba Wrote: [ -> ]Well we got 2 servers with same map, maybe have normal day on the other and something else on the other?

So if people complain, they can go to the other server

Yeah I guess that could work. But then people may complain about the lack of people on that server.

Good idea though.
The problem with the weather has always been that it doesn't change automatically, it's always been static.

"Clear Morning" is used because it illuminates the cars and tracks the best by default and therefore one would it expect it to receive the least complaints.
I haven't noticed much difference on the cars when the weather is on Cloudy Sunset. In fact i notice more reflections. The lighting is not as great so i presume the cars wont illuminate as much but they are still clear.
Reference URL's