[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Create Your Own Chatlog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! Smile

Please note that this script will not store input insim commands such as "!send 300 chucknorris", however it will show the output insim text such as "Ash sent 300€ to Chuck".

There can be many times where you may need to find some text which someone has typed within game in LFS. Now, you can either trail all through a replay which could take ages, or you could have your own chatlog which is stored locally as a txt/xls/doc file.

To create your own chatlog, navigate through windows to your LFS Directory.
Open up the following: LFS > data > script > autoexec.lfs

Your file should look similar to below:
Code:
// This script is run when LFS reaches the main entry screen
// You can use it for initialisations, running scripts, etc.

To create your chatlog file, you will need to enter a new line into autoexec.lfs:

/log chatlog.txt

Then save the file, ensuring the file type is .lfs and not .txt!

Your autoexec.lfs file should now look like the following:

Code:
// This script is run when LFS reaches the main entry screen
// You can use it for initialisations, running scripts, etc.

/log chatlog.txt

You can customize what file type the chatlog is saved as, by changing the command line to .txt/.xls/.doc etc.

Your chatlog should be found in your main LFS Directory. Please note that every time you re-open LFS, your chatlog will be erased and started again, so it will probably be a good idea to save the chatlogs with different names after each LFS session has been closed.

Enjoy!

Ash
Awesome, thanks Ash! Smile
Very helpful.
Sorry for the major bump but is it possible to have it automatically save with the same date as the day it was saved on?
DJmad, i've made a script for it, around 3 months and a week ago.

I'm going to post it later this evening!
Djmad you can get Mary, an insim app made by marius. It automatically saves the chatlogs and does not delete them, the title is the date of the chatlog. Example; "7-08-2015" "12-08-2015"

If you want the application check Marius profile.
Okay, thanks guys. I'll check out your script tomorrow CL.
Can someone help me with opening the .lfs file? Everytime i try to open it, it tells me is an unvallid command.
(2015-08-09 23:08)VVAK Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone help me with opening the .lfs file? Everytime i try to open it, it tells me is an unvallid command.

Try to open with Notepad.
Thx, it works fine now. Good Job Ash
Reference URL's