[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: + Unfair fine for a chase that ended with a crash (Report Archived by BoyPower)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My username: Si©On

The person's username is: [COP] Likvern•
Real LFS name is: eivind_enl

This is the link:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/t1vz...vKpwH782Qw

Let me know if you cannot open the file or download it.

If you go to 1:12:57 and click on my username to spec me, this is the initial stage of the crash.
[COP] Likvern• hit the side of me, which sent me off the road slightly and then I turned back on before (DC™ Peedro A ©) crashed into both of us and sent [COP] Likvern• - off to the left hand side on to his roof, disabling him and sent me over to the right hand side and got me stuck on the sand. The fact is we were both hit by another car so we couldn't continue the chase. As he was stuck on his roof, I thought, that's it, he can't complete the chase. I was tempted to pit as it was all over, although you cannot pit while in a chase. As both of us were crashed into and unable to get away or catch the other person, that's the end of the chase. ([COP] Likvern•) then said to (DC™ Peedro A ©) "Won't be seeing you now for a while, will we? :)
So (DC™ Peedro A ©) went over and flipped him on to his wheels. I waited to see if he would be fair about it, but he wasn't.
Only [COP] users should be involved in a !chase.

I think I should be given a refund, as he did not catch me, I sat there waiting instead of pitting, as he slowly drove over, after he was picked off the road and put back on his wheels.

Please watch the video and give me your honest opinion.

Thanks a lot.
This report is being looked into. Please be patient.
First and foremost, Sicon, you were incredibly abusive, degrading, vindictive, harassing and threatening. You will receive a lengthy ban for that behaviour. It is also interesting how you conveniently missed out that in the report. From what I could see in the replay, he was not abusive to you at all (in terms of language) but this would still not justify your abusive behaviour.

Since he was upside down and you were stuck, and there were no available backups, it should have been a forfeit however someone has to win. It is physically impossible to have a forfeit InSim wise, either the cop will lose or the suspect will. You were the one who lost. Due to the unfair nature of your bust (someone actively interfered with a chase quite blatantly (in this case, the upside down cop is near the suspect who is also stuck, and there's only one cop in the chase with no backup available) The chase should be forfeited correctly, e.g you spec/pit or the cop does !lost, it should not be determined by a random person. The fact you were fined and not refunded will mean I will refund you 611 Euros, unfortunately you won't be able to enjoy it until next year.

Code:
2014-01-30 19:31:56 UTC Montana *HOST* Si©On has been fined 611 € by [COP] Likvern•

I think it would be most fair to refund you this. The person who quite obviously interfered will be dealt with. He is the one who caused the initial situation and the one who towed the cop.

Summary:

The cop will be fined 611 Euros
Sicon will be banned for 365 days and refunded the aforementioned 611 Euros
Andrew!! will be warned for interfering with the chase (the initial hit and helping the cop)

Thanks for the report, I hope it was worth it.

Action has been taken as described.

Thank you for your report.

It has now been moved to the archives.
Reference URL's