[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: What car to get?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys,

In a 2 months time, I will finally have my driving license! Biggrin
So, I am hunting for a car, and wondering what I like, and what not.
My budget is about 8000€/6500£, so there is nice stuff to get.

What would I like?
Not a gasdrinking SUV, I'd like a relatively small car.
But, with a bit o' power would be nice.
Preferably 5 door, low milage, and a relatively young car. (though I'd prefer low milage).

What I'd come up with myself:
One of my big favourites is the Fiat Panda.
Yes, it looks a bit clumsy, but it's a quite spacious car, and it's quite adorable as well.. Rolleyes
The most fun version is the 100HP, with a 98BHP (yep Tongue) 1.4 litre engine, 6-speed gearbox, a diffuser ( Tongue ), and a sportbutton.
They must have had damn good weed at the factory Tongue
http://www.autotrack.nl/tweedehands/fiat/panda/10985389

Citroën C2 VTS
Bit more break horsepower, but a bit less practical (3-doors), and heavier as well.
In terms of reliability, I trust the Panda more (built in Poland, 1.4 litre Fire engine which has been used for ages)
http://www.autotrack.nl/tweedehands/citroen/c2/8458297

Any more ideas? Tongue
Lamborghini aventador, got enough power Smile
How much are you going to be driving? This should be relevant to whether you should get a diesel or a petrol car. Also, how old are you, and where do you live? Do you drive in the city or in the more rural areas?

Persronally I'd never spend that much money on my first car. I'd say about 1500-2500£ should do.
My first daily $4500USD 2002 Volkswagen Jetta GLS automatic 2.slo but as much as I hated it at first. I enjoyed every second behind the wheel and miss it now. 103,000 miles and I sold it at 130k. In all honesty I would not spend any more on a car than that for your first one. You'll be heart broken if you wreck it or something happens to it. You'll also want something that seats 4 comfortably because everyone will want to ride in your car lol.

My vote is for a VW per usual but the Panda is the nicer of your two selections

Satan's Chariot
Personally I'd go for a Polo or Jetta (Vento/Bora/not Jetta)
The Panda is really nice, I'd go for that one if I had to choice betwheen your selection.

If I had my own choice I would go with a VW Bora or Jetta or an Audi A3.

Edit: http://www.autotrack.nl/tweedehands/audi/a3/10345780
- I go for that one 900 Eur over but I do give the seller an offer.
Why every new driver, young driver, want his ofc first car to be with SPORT suffix? It makes me laught
Tbh that Panda looks ugly.

You want car not moped car. Go for A3
vw golf mk3 and 2 is nice as 5 doors and easy to fix,drive its around 45liters gas tank not taking to much i can save gas for 2 weeks in my mk3
Buy BMW, wont disappoint you =) The community is big everywhere and theres guide for almost everything if you want to fix yourself
The most BMW drivers are complete dickheads Petsu, no option. (There are exceptions though) Tongue

Perhaps a 'newer' Golf or Polo?
(2014-02-02 11:16)Johan. Wrote: [ -> ]The most BMW drivers are complete dickheads Petsu, no option. (There are exceptions though) Tongue

What you mean? you can't put it up like that.

Most Honda drivers are dickheads, it's not the car's fault if the driver is stupid.
Don't go off and get some car, that a youth could've previously had, because they WILL require mending. BMWs with the more powerful engines, most Honda Civic's, most Golf's etc..

Get a propor solid car. If you don't know alot about fixing yourself, get something that'll last. I'd stay away from the Panda. Maybe look at a used VW Up!/CitiGo/Mii or a used Toyota Aygo/C1/107.. If you want cheap and economic driving for longer trips, take a look at the Peugeot 206 1.4 or 2.0 HDi.
(2014-02-02 11:18)Rasmus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-02 11:16)Johan. Wrote: [ -> ]The most BMW drivers are complete dickheads Petsu, no option. (There are exceptions though) Tongue

Most Honda drivers are dickheads, it's not the car's fault if the driver is stupid.

Yes Johan its not the cars fault Sad And no dont buy BMW if you dont want a car that needs proper maintenance. I have totally fallen in love with them, because my 20 yo rusted e36 gives better ride than 2010 Skoda Octavia, so i can think how good the newer, better condition BMWs are Smile In BMW you actually feel like your driving the car, in almost every other car you dont get the same feeling :/
(2014-02-02 11:55)petsu Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes Johan its not the cars fault Sad And no dont buy BMW if you dont want a car that needs proper maintenance. I have totally fallen in love with them, because my 20 yo rusted e36 gives better ride than 2010 Skoda Octavia, so i can think how good the newer, better condition BMWs are Smile In BMW you actually feel like your driving the car, in almost every other car you dont get the same feeling :/

I had the E36 also, it drives so nice you really feel like becoming one with the car and that everything is just build for you Smile
(2014-02-02 11:18)Rasmus Wrote: [ -> ]Most Honda drivers are dickheads, it's not the car's fault if the driver is stupid.

Yes, yes we are. The cars are great though. Recommended Thumbup

Like I said, there are exceptions. The most BMW drivers, are the ones able to afford them. They think they own the road, just as much as the Audi drivers. Because premium y0.

(2014-02-02 12:25)Audiojack Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-02 11:18)Rasmus Wrote: [ -> ]Most Honda drivers are dickheads, it's not the car's fault if the driver is stupid.

Oi speak for yourself. Laugh
(2014-02-02 12:33)Johan. Wrote: [ -> ]

Like I said, there are exceptions. The most BMW drivers, are the ones able to afford them. They think they own the road, just as much as the Audi drivers. Because premium y0.

(2014-02-02 12:25)Audiojack Wrote: [ -> ]

Oi speak for yourself. Laugh

Your old enough to know not to categorize people.

Now repeat after me Johan Smile

There are cheap bmw's, there are expensive bmw's
There are cheap Honda's, there are expensive Honda's
There are cheap Mercedes's, there are expensive Mercedes's
There are cheap audi's, there are expensive Audi's

Because you have seen a BMW drive crazy or fast or it didn't move for you, dosent make bmw a bad car at all
Or I dosent make people think they are v.i.p or premium or better persons or anything, a car is a car something you drive. End.
I know I know..... Can you forgive me? Smile
(2014-02-02 12:42)Johan. Wrote: [ -> ]I know I know..... Can you forgive me? Smile
No. Never. Don't talk to me ever again Mellow
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's