[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: New galaxy phone (s5)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As we all know the Samsung galaxy series have come along way and on Monday at 7pm GMT time there is a unpack event in Barcelona for a new galaxy phone which is set to be a s5 from all the rumours.
trailer for the show here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y42eQJmGbxk

what is peoples views upon this and will you be in line to get this as i sure am Biggrin

here is the unpack live stream http://www.samsung.com/uk/unpacked/ which is ready to go for Monday 7pm GMT time .
From what I see, nothing has happened for Samsung since the S2 and S3. And I think they are getting as overhyped as Apple.
I'm waiting for a mega with the galaxy series screens and processors
This is part of the reason I support the underdogs, in everything really. It's basically the same phone clocked a bit faster every year.
And then the company tries to say that it's completely new inside, even though its the same outside.
As predicted.. Nothing new:

[Image: samsung-galaxy-s5.jpg?w=360]
What you mean nothing new?
Nothing new design-wise. They haven't published technical specifications yet, but I highly doubt they will be anything particular. The developement within processors etc. isn't really going anywhere at the moment, and that accounts for the mobile processors in phones as well. What would be nice to see, would be a new revised version of Android, that somehow could actually take advantage of all the power from the quad-core mobile CPU's. Also 64 bit CPU's would be nice to see in more phones these days, instead of the conventional ARM processors.
well, the S5 is IP67 certified (so it can survive falling into water)
quad-core with 2.5GHz per core and 2GB RAM
ac-wifi with MiMo
heartbeat-sensor below camera
fingerprint reader

so nothing really (except of the water-proof) I would miss.
Water-proof aint new thing. My S4 Active has it too.
Reference URL's