[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: [DDS] Dutch South City.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was doing some skinwork, when I wondered if it was possible to change the signs around LFS, especially in South City to their Dutch equivalents.

I have a program that opens .dds files, so I tried opening a few, and decided to transform South City in its Dutch equivalent.
Not everything is done yet, will do that, so here is a WIP.
Please give some criticism (I know the signs are the wrong way round on HW1, SC is clearly a British City)

When everything is done, I will upload it so it's free to use. Smile

[Image: zjjrxk.png]

[Image: 16gy5j5.png]

What you can download is everything I have done yet.
It is possible I update some items later, whom problems I couldn't solve yet.
Here you can find the download link, I hope everything works just fine.
Please report bugs, things you'd like to see changing and such. Smile

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i3so844ly1wsr

Greets, [RDSR] Marty
Nice work! Im already waiting for the finished product.

Btw, are you planning on doing the speed limit signs to their equivalents (in TC limits ofc) would be nice.
Sydney is in Australia lol
Do they drive in Australia on the left side of the road?!
I thought they drove on the right side, which explains a lot. Wink
SC feels a bit more like a British town to me, one of the signs says Edinburgh on it when you open it in Photoshop, so I declare it as British. Wink

I am struggling with the speed signs,:
Should I make them in kph (it's THe Netherlands, they use kph), and as the signs around SC don't match with the real speeds in TC (Neither in mph of kph), where do they stand near the road, and what is the appropriate speed?
South City is based on a british city, however TC named it after Sydney, Australia. Both drive on the left.
Not everything is as successful as you want it to be..
[Image: 27wyh1.png]
[Image: 20krdr4.png]
Added streetnames, changed the speedsigns, made a better ambulance, and changed the stores to Dutch stores. Smile
(2014-02-23 23:24)Maarten_E Wrote: [ -> ]...made a better ambulance

I see it from the picture above! Just kidding Wink
(2014-02-24 14:21)entY Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-23 23:24)Maarten_E Wrote: [ -> ]...made a better ambulance

I see it from the picture above! Just kidding Wink
Haha, That was the first one.
Meant I changed the one I posted, sorry for the confusion Wink
[Image: ajy0kk.png]

[Image: 118p074.png]
'Even Apeldoorn Bellen' is the Dutch slogan for the Dutch insurance company Centraal Beheer Achmea. They make some genius commercials. Wink
Put a download link in the OP.
Hope everything works (it does here), and please report if there are bugs. Smile

Have fun with it!
Greets, Marty.

Little thing to say:
The 90kmh sign is used in a 90kmh zone (which of course is correct), but somehow got in a 120kmh zone as well. So the signs are not leading in this case. Wink
Great work, will test this. Thank you! Smile
Reference URL's