[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Wifi and ethernet problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there, 2 days ago my pc has been having problems with connecting to wifi or ethernet cable, when i try to join an internet connection it says "This computer currently has limited connectivity to xxxxx"
Can someone please help i cant get onto google or anything on my pc Sad
P.S i dont know if this is the right place to post in but can someone please help
Well I had this problem the other day in fact. Things I can suggest are restarting your router with a 1 minute gap in between turning it off and on. If that doesn't work I'd call up the internet provider and they can help you get your internet back.
Do you have Windows 7?
Yes i have windows 7 and all drivers are up to date.

RE: Wifi and ethernet problem
Well I had this problem the other day in fact. Things I can suggest are restarting your router with a 1 minute gap in between turning it off and on. If that doesn't work I'd call up the internet provider and they can help you get your internet back.

I have restarted my router a couple of times but no help
Firstly, try to disable your security software(s), e.g antivirus and firewall. After that, see if it helps your problem, if not, enable them back.
Okay will try that now
Tryed that and did a system restore but no help even the ethernet doesnt work
Right. As you have told that you have your driver adapter is up-to-date, I'd still suggest you the following.

Step 1: Uninstall network adapter driver.
  • Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager.
  • If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
  • Look for the Network device under Network Adapter option, right click on it and select Uninstall.
  • Reboot the computer.

Step 2: Download the latest network adapter driver from the manufacturer website and install on it your computer.

Your problem could be also linked to Windows Update. Your computer might have auto-installed an update which is causing problems with your internet. You'll have to look for the "bad" update that is causing it.

Go to control panel -> System and Security -> Windows Update

In that section you should find the "bad" update and delete it. You may have "important" or "optional" updates, check them if there's any "garbage" updates, hide it through right-clicking and selecting "Hide update".

Selecting View Update History in the Windows Update section, you should be able to view updates that has been installed onto your computer. If you have just got this problem, I'd suggest to check the recently installed updates. Select the "Installed Updates" from the page, and you should arrive in a page that has many updates in it. To delete an update, right-click on an update and click "Delete update".

If this works and you want to prevent this happening in the future, change your settings in the Windows Update, Settings section and changing the option to "Check for updates, but let me choose whether to download and install them."

"How to block specific updates in Windows Update: Guide

Other suggestion;

Go to "manage WIRELESS networks" in Network and Sharing in the Control panel.

Delete the wireless connection made to the router - this will trick your machine into thinking that it's never connected to the network.

Go to "manage networks connections" and right-click on wireless.

Connect to chosen network and check "display characters", you can then see what is your entering to cross reference with the wireless key.

That should then connect - if not, reset the router (pin hole in the back until lights change)

Follow the same process - you will need to reconfigure router with your ADSL UN +PW

Hopefully you'll find the solution!
Will give that a go but how am i supposed to download the drivers from manufactors web if i cant access the internet? Confused
I dont have "system and maintance" on my pc and there are no installed updates Confused
Ive tryed everything and even searched and watched youtube videos but no fix btw thnx guys for tryin to help Smile
Use another computer or your phone to get it if you can.
This is my only computer that has a problem and all other devices like phones and gaming consoles work on wifi

And i dont have another pc or laptop D:
Well it looks as if it worked before, so what did change in your setup(computer/router) in that time?

Did you change any settings in your router? Did you try rebooting your router?
Its not my router i have never changed anything on my router its a problem with my pc when ever i connect to a wifi connection it says "this computer has limited access to xxx(connection name)" and when i plug ethernet cable in nothing happens.
Reference URL's