[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: G27 pots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today I've tried to repair my pedals on the G27 as the brake pedal spikes sometimes up to 30% and often won't go down 100%. I took the whole thing apart and cleared out all the dust, which, whilst worked before for me, didn't work this time..

So I also sprayed WD40 into the pot which in retrospective I admit might not have been one of my best ideas.

Anywho, this Pot hasn't gotten any worse or better. I wonder if there's somewhere around that sells replacement pots or am I just too late for that now? Or should I just save up for new pedals? Tongue
(2014-02-25 19:34)Tommer Wrote: [ -> ]So I also sprayed WD40 into the pot which in retrospective I admit might not have been one of my best ideas.

My G25 pedals did that and thats how i fixed the spiking. It was usually fine for about 6 months then the spiking started again.

Just spray a little bit in there and move the potio a bit. It will look like this, you won't even have to take it apart as there will be a hole easily big enough.
http://elise111r.el.funpic.de/all/CIMG3429.jpg
I had this with my DFGT pedals. First time worked for quite a long, as it recently started again it only worked properly for a day.. So now I have to be careful with the settings and how I use the pedals :I

Though, my DFGT is like 3 or 4 years old.

Nonetheless, I don't think there's any better than cleaning all dust, and spraying some kind of oil on the moving parts..
Hmmm.. well I sprayed WD40 into the hole of the potio without taking it off, but it's done nothing, if anything made it worse. Here's me with the foot all the way down on the brake;

http://prntscr.com/2vt248

I pumped the pedal alot and tried changing the usb port to force windows to re-calibrate it but i'm just having no love with it. It continues to flicker and wander over time with how much it thinks the pedal is down.

I've considered taking the pot off completely like that picture but I don't think I have the tools at my disposal to do that atm. I tried using thumb tacks to raise that bit of metal that holds it together but with no luck Tongue Ahhh.. I can't even get those wires attached to the pots off, my hands evidently aren't strong enough and I have no pliers either here in student accomodation xD all these tools i'm having to buy > <
Maybe there's a faulty connection of some wiring, or some attachment is loose? Check the wires?
Did You try DXTweak? You can tweak the values quite a lot with this tool and maybe get rid of that spiking.
The wires seem fine. I checked the connections inside the pedals, checked the connection from the pedals to the wheel aswell, that was in tight. I'd really rather avoid tweaking settings to have large deadzones.. Hmm Mellow might be the case that I really need a new pair of pedals..
Without take the pot apart, there should be a black button in the centre on the side opposite to the crank, you should be able to press this button.

Press the button and twist the crank back and forth a few times. The pedals should be as good new after this. (Little known fact, this cleans the pot)
(2014-02-26 16:03)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]Without take the pot apart, there should be a black button in the centre on the side opposite to the crank, you should be able to press this button.

Press the button and twist the crank back and forth a few times. The pedals should be as good new after this. (Little known fact, this cleans the pot)

Afaik that just turns them manually, similar to fully pushing your pedal down.
Helps to get the lubricant across and wipe the dirt out when you have sprayed some on, but without any it would just be a regular push of the pedal.
Well, you may be interested to know I fixed my pedals, sorta..

..I tripped over a screwdriver and fell ontop of them, and then when I checked my PC my brake pedal was now working perfectly Sleep

So yeah. Thanks for your help though Thumbup1W00t
(2014-02-26 16:03)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]Without take the pot apart, there should be a black button in the centre on the side opposite to the crank, you should be able to press this button.

Thanks a lot , that saved my day Biggrin
Sorry for the bump

Just had troubles on the servers with my pedals starting to spike and this works. I also sprayed some WD40 on the pots and gears before and after pushing the button and running a few cycles of the pedal. They are like new now!!!

Many thanks,
~Bez
Reference URL's