[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Stupid Ads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have this problem that has come back again after i fixed it a first time (i actually mentioned it only the other day in tommer's "virus" thread). I know how to fix it but its not really practical to re-install my browser every time it happens so i was wondering if anyone knows any other way i could solve it :/

This is an example of my TC Forum Homepage
[Image: TCFrontpagewithads_zpsecf8bf01.png]
You might notice the little green tags above some of the words?

Well this is what they are (what happens when i hover over it with the mouse)
[Image: TCFrontpagewithadsmousehover_zpsac1e4405.png]

It's not just happening here either, its pretty much whatever site i go to.
[Image: YTFrontpagewithads_zps84a54ca7.png]

I do have adblock and i have tried fiddling around with the few settings it has to make sure it is working properly which it appears to be. I have also run one or two scans with my antivirus which picked up nothing.
So I appreciate any help anyone can give =]

Cheers
Adblock center i think its called should help it
What is the programme's name that is causing you the ads, the one you could have installed?
(2014-03-08 12:02)entY Wrote: [ -> ]What is the programme's name that is causing you the ads, the one you could have installed?
There is nothing installed that im aware of that should be causing this :/

@jimmy, i have the normal adblock so should that not be stopping this?

AJ has also recommended i try a different antivirus software so i will see how that goes
I have the exact issue but in a slightly different way. I also get pop ups every time I open up a new website.
And I have Adblock installed and fully working.

[Image: Screenshot2014-03-08120609_zps9f008faa.png]
No need to panic, it's not a virus. It basically could've come as a side product as you downloaded and installed something. It, as you have seen, advertises websites and by that, gains money.
(2014-03-08 12:09)entY Wrote: [ -> ]No need to panic, it's not a virus. It basically could've come as a side product as you downloaded and installed something. It, as you have seen, advertises websites and by that, gains money.

There is so much stuff on here that i couldn't even begin to guess what it is :/
First, try the updated version of adblock, Adblock Plus: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...e-ntp-icon
ok, downloaded and restarted my browser with no change
I think there is nothing on the website. Since that would mean it is also on the TC website. I rather think its one of your browser addons.
FIxed it Howlin, Right click on the link.

In the options box is an Adblock option

Select it and then select, Block ad on this page then highlight the hyperlink advert

Keep it on low level then select block it
(2014-03-08 12:20)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]I think there is nothing on the website. Since that would mean it is also on the TC website. I rather think its one of your browser addons.

There is nothing wrong with the TC forums if that's what you mean, its happening for me on pretty much every website i visit which cant mean there is something wrong with every single website i go to.

@Luke: i have fixed it a different way, in my extensions i have a few that continue to come back after i delete them, one of which was causing this problem.
[Image: ngfbgzfdbvfd_zps8a2a33a5.png]
I'd check the extensions list on Chrome, Settings -> Extensions, and see if there's something not necessary programmes installed. If there is, uncheck it and delete it from the Chrome.

After that, I'd visit the Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features and see if there's anything suspicious. If there is, click it and press the Uninstall/Remove.
lol read up entY Tongue

But yeah, solved for now, i will see if it crops up again in the next few weeks.
Thanks all for the help =]
(2014-03-08 12:33)Howlin Wrote: [ -> ]lol read up entY Tongue

Aww, you edited it just when I posted my suggestion! ;P
(2014-03-08 12:22)Howlin Wrote: [ -> ]@Luke: i have fixed it a different way, in my extensions i have a few that continue to come back after i delete them, one of which was causing this p

wth? Got any viruses? Also, why does it show "installed by 3rd party" or "not from google store" at almost any of your extensions? That smells like malware tbh. I haven't got a single one with such a comment next to it.
(2014-03-08 12:37)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-08 12:22)Howlin Wrote: [ -> ]@Luke: i have fixed it a different way, in my extensions i have a few that continue to come back after i delete them, one of which was causing this p

wth? Got any viruses? Also, why does it show "installed by 3rd party" or "not from google store" at almost any of your extensions? That smells like malware tbh. I haven't got a single one with such a comment next to it.

Yeah, im looking into that, i am running some scans already to see if it can find anything :/
And this is why boys and girls, you don't click NEXT NEXT NEXT NEXT on installers! Read everything !
(2014-03-08 13:19)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]And this is why boys and girls, you don't click NEXT NEXT NEXT NEXT on installers! Read everything !

You say that but i actually do read everything =[
[Image: Untitled_zps97b070ea.png]

Nothing found, i have however removed a few programs from my computer which may be causing the problem in the meantime =]
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's