[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Malaysia Airlines Plane 'Crashes In Vietnam'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
http://news.sky.com/story/1222674/malays...in-vietnam

Summary:
  • MH 370, registration 9M-MRO
  • 227 passenger, 2 infant, 12 crew
  • 777-200 RR engine
  • Capt. Zaharie Shah (18,000 hours)

Comprehensive timeline: http://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/1z...es_flight/

The moment it disappeared from the radar: http://www.flightradar24.com/2014-03-07/...70/2d81a27

Google Maps location: https://www.google.com.au/maps?t=m&ll=7....ic&dg=ntvo
My heart goes out for all the families
Terrible tragedy
damn, did the military jets go out specifically to find the aircraft? =[

The video on the first link actually brings up some weird points about it though, no distress call or anything, just disappeared :/
Oh my, that's so terrible. May all the best be with the families of the people who were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Yeah, that's pretty terrible, heard it from local news earlier...

We figured that if the plane's body just ripped in mid-air, it would be possible that it happened so quick that the crew had no time to send any messages before going unconscious..
It has been 24 hours since they last heard from MH 370 and at this stage they have failed to find evidence of any wreckage.
Theyve found oil slicks in the sea consistent with jet fuel
Its 100% at the bottom of the sea
TRIBUTE: Who exactly is Malaysia Airlines Captain Zaharie Shah of MH370?

http://www.sharelor.net/1/post/2014/03/t...mh370.html
Probably a bomb (the stolen passports support this) or a suicidal pilot (for whatever reason.) Of course it could also be a major malfunction in the planes electrical system (by this I mean a really serious fault, possibly a fire onboard which went unnoticed until late into the flight.)

Anyway, speculation is kinda useless, just waiting for the black boxes and the FDR to be found.
(2014-03-08 19:29)Audiojack Wrote: [ -> ]Probably a bomb (the stolen passports support this) or a suicidal pilot (for whatever reason.) Of course it could also be a major malfunction in the planes electrical system (by this I mean a really serious fault, possibly a fire onboard which went unnoticed until late into the flight.)

Anyway, speculation is kinda useless, just waiting for the black boxes and the FDR to be found.

Stolen passports.. Bombs... Plane body being ripped off mid-air....

I think the Bomb starts to sound quite plausible.. Waiting forward for the black boxes information.
(though it might be quite a while for the info to be received, investigated and published)
First off why, and could they pass security with a bomb?
(2014-03-09 19:12)Rasmus Wrote: [ -> ]First off why, and could they pass security with a bomb?

Maybe some airports/airlines don't do proper security checks. Also, if terrorists are utterly determined then they will somehow bypass the security.

This goes without saying, I hope everything turns out for the best, but I am personally struggling to see any form of good outcome, given the circumstances.
Reddit Wrote:Day 2 coverage summary - 09 March 2014
  • MH730 status & location remained unknown.
  • Australia & Thailand has now joined the ongoing multi nation search and rescue operation.
  • Radar record show MH370 may have turn back before lost contact with ATC. Search area is now widen to include Straits of Malacca.
  • NTSB, FAA, US air safety regulator & Boeing will be assisting in the investigation.
  • FBI is assisting Malaysia authorities in investigating claim of terrorism.
  • Authorities are investigating on the 2 stolen passport used to board MH370.
  • Suspected fragments of the aircraft is spotted 80km south-southwest of Tho Chu island, Vietnam. It was too dark to be certain the object.
  • MAS has informed family members to expect the worst.
The stolen passports could be largely irrelevant -- with security significantly more lax than Europe/US, it could be a common occurrence which has only gained attention in this case due to the issue with the flight. It could be that most flights have passengers using faked/stolen documents due to illegal migration.

Either way, this is a tragic case for which I wouldn't expect answers to be found any time soon unfortunately.
Im actually waiting for a package from, Kuala Lampur in Malaysia

According to the tracking number my flight with the package took off 2 hours before the plane that crashed.

4. Left from DHL Location in KUALA LUMPUR - MALAYSIA KUALA LUMPUR - MALAYSIA 15:48
(2014-03-10 00:36)Rasmus Wrote: [ -> ]Weird thing is im waiting for a package from, Kuala Lampur in Malaysia

According to the tracking number my flight with the package took off 2 hours before the plane that crashed.

4. Left from DHL Location in KUALA LUMPUR - MALAYSIA KUALA LUMPUR - MALAYSIA 15:48

erm, and what exactly is "weird" in this?
Nothing weird in it
I am interested in seeing what happens. Anyone else remember the Air France flight that went down in the Atlantic? It's automated tracking kept on transmitting positions after the point it had gone down.

I highly doubt a terrorist plot would try to just take out a plane in open area. Usually you'd want to try to hit something of importance right?
(2014-03-10 00:56)Michi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-10 00:36)Rasmus Wrote: [ -> ]Weird thing is im waiting for a package from, Kuala Lampur in Malaysia

erm, and what exactly is "weird" in this?

Maybe it's Ras' fault the plane went down. Maybe he ordered a bomb to be put on the plane! Ohmy
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's