[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: DJmad Unban (Unban Request Granted by BoyPower)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
● Your LFS Username: DJmad

● Time & Date of Incident: 20/3/14 17:07 GTM 5:07 GTM

● Replay / Screenshot Link: No Replay/Screen Shot
● Replay Timestamps:

● Reasons as to why you feel you deserve an unban: I don't know why, but I was joining TC server One, and I was drifting, I was banned for CPW/VOB Mods. I know they are banned from TC, but I don't know why this happened, I never use them and don't want to either.
Any idea on what could've caused this? Do you have any programs at all which could have prompted the CPW? (e.g. Rev bouncer, Tweak from using previous servers, etc...)
BP, I'm not to sure, I remember having VOB, but I deleted them, my brother put them on my computer, that was long ago though.
(2014-03-20 18:23)DJmad Wrote: [ -> ]BP, I'm not to sure, I remember having VOB, but I deleted them, my brother put them on my computer, that was long ago though.

So you had .vob modifications? They are strictly prohibited here and I should warn you that it can result in a year ban if caught twice with them. Keep this in mind please.

But since you said it was a long time ago, I don't see how it could have caused this.

Chuck Wrote:CPW bans are issued by the server if it detects some abnormality with
your game. That can either be a game-mod you've installed, 3rd party apps
(XFire, or other apps using in-game overlays) and sometimes it just
happens by mistake.

Does any of that seem relevant to you? (Let's not rule out the 'mistake' yet because it's important we know the cause before you actually get unbanned, otherwise it'll keep happening)
Just asking, what do you mean by this?
(2014-03-20 18:32)DJmad Wrote: [ -> ]Just asking, what do you mean by this?

What do I mean by what? My message contained quite a few points, what bit are you stuck on? Smile

Assuming you mean the bit where I quoted Chuck's post; did you have any programs in the background which could have triggered this? e.g. Xfire, TeamSpeak overlay etc, etc.
(2014-03-20 18:33)BoyPower Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-20 18:32)DJmad Wrote: [ -> ]Just asking, what do you mean by this?

What do I mean by what? My message contained quite a few points, what bit are you stuck on? Smile

Assuming you mean the bit where I quoted Chuck's post; did you have any programs in the background which could have triggered this? e.g. Xfire, TeamSpeak overlay etc, etc.

No I meant; Let's not rule out the 'mistake'
(2014-03-20 18:37)DJmad Wrote: [ -> ]No I meant; Let's not rule out the 'mistake'

Apparently, CPW bans are sometimes issued in error, which could have potentially happened here. My point was not to instantly assume it was a mistake. If we do that when it actually wasn't a mistake, the same problem could keep happening without any knowledge of what it is, and then I'm sure we'd be sick of dealing with each other.

Also, could you answer my question please?
I think that it could of been a mistake as you said; CPW bans are sometimes issued in error.
But I think it could be my computer as its old and may have not been completely deleted.

What question did you ask?
(2014-03-20 18:25)BoyPower Wrote: [ -> ]
Chuck Wrote:CPW bans are issued by the server if it detects some abnormality with
your game. That can either be a game-mod you've installed, 3rd party apps
(XFire, or other apps using in-game overlays) and sometimes it just
happens by mistake.

Does any of that seem relevant to you? (Let's not rule out the 'mistake' yet because it's important we know the cause before you actually get unbanned, otherwise it'll keep happening)

(2014-03-20 18:25)BoyPower Wrote: [ -> ]Assuming you mean the bit where I quoted Chuck's post; did you have any programs in the background which could have triggered this? e.g. Xfire, TeamSpeak overlay etc, etc.

If you still say no, I'll probably unban you but if it keeps happening, you'll ultimately have to figure out what's causing it because unbanning you everyday (or whenever you go online) won't be very beneficial to either of us, and also shows you must have something which is legitimately making the CPW go off.
I'm defiantly sure that there was no program up to cause this, if it happens again, ill figure out what is happening!
Unbanned.

Unban Request Granted.

You will be unbanned shortly.
Reference URL's