[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Star Wars Galaxies MMO "EMU"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Star Wars Galaxies (Sand Box MMO) was originally released in 2003 by Sony Online Entertainment. It was shut down back in 2011 due to Star Wars: KOTOR being launched. Lucas Arts shut it down basically saying that they didn't want two of their games fighting against one another for subscribers, but we who are die hard SWG fans/players know this is not true. Star Wars Galaxies (SWG) went through many severe game changes through out its history which caused a lot of havoc for its loss of subscribers in its early years. Some of the updates were Pre Patch 9, Pre-Cu (Pre-Combat Upgrade), CU (Combat Upgrade), Post NGE, and finally the NGE. Most vets wanted the game set back before CU and left alone, but that never happen. NGE Reduced over 30 Classes and combined them into 9 classes to choose from. Hence the out rage and major loss for its subscribers in 2005. One major flaw was being able to start out as a Jedi. One reason so many were upset was for the fact that Jedi originally wasn't a starting Profession and required a lot of dedicated time to unlock it. It never fit into the Time Era of the time setting for SWG.

Here is a Screen shot for All the Tier of classes for SWG Post NGE.

SWG Classes

Their is well over 30 Classes all Post NGE or Hybrid Professions you can choose from with 250 Total Skill points Available to Mix/Match any classes you want. Every Planet is Open world as a sand box should be with tons of PVE content, PVP and screen plays. You can have Player Housing/Decorating/PVE & PVP Bases IE Imp Or Rebel/Guilds with Cities etc.

Here are a few screen shots of my guild during PVP and PVE from my perspective.

Player City PVP Battle - Imperial <FAME> Vs Rebel Multiple Guilds

Not Highly Decorated, but you get the idea.

This game does have Player Vs Player (PvP) Imperial Faction Vs Rebel Faction in a open world. You can simply talk to either a Imp or Rebel Faction Recruiter and join one of the sides. You can then talk to them again and go Combatant. Combatant is those who want to be able to kill the opposing faction NPCs or Attack PVE Bases dropped by players. If you talk to one of the Recruiters yet again you have the option to go Special Forces allowing you to attack both Opposing Faction NPCS and Players! Or you can remain to be "On Leave" where NPCS and or Players Cannot Attack you. PVP is entirely Optional in SWG. Nothing is forced at you to do something.

Even though the game lasted many years, it continues to still be played by thousands of people on a day to day basis with out the need or want of Sony Online Entertainment. Did I mention it is completely Free To Play and Legal? Currently, the game is being Re-coded from scratch by those on their free time who are making contributions by helping code or by just simply donating funds to keep the server up and running. If you're looking for experience or want to take part of such a huge project and want to help the option is always there. The main Goal for SWGemu currently is getting everything back into game working like it should for the patch 14.1. Patch 14.1 is the latest Patch for Pre-Cu and is the most commonly loved through out all the game changes that were made in SWG during Live.

If you want to play and or check it out and help stress test the server while it is currently being worked on during Alpha/Beta then you can find more information regarding the SWGemu project at their website

Here!!!! Click Me for SWGemu Information Or If You're Wanting to Get Into this Free Game and Play!

May The Force Be With You,

Young Padawan!
Figured I would post a video of some of the PvP. Triton/Sprifri

http://youtu.be/iuKjkjZUNS8?list=UUfnlfK...XJ7CgVrGag
Reference URL's