[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Shooting on my college campus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm under lockdown. Armed gunman next building over and I have an airplane propellor for defense. This is insane. I was doing extra credit being a good student and was following federal laws so I have no firearm for defense.

Will keep posted.
Are you expecting us to help or...?
still going to defend the gun laws after this?
Yup. I just had a buddy with a firearm come to my aide. Feeling safe now.

Also aircraft propellers are lighter than I though.

[Image: 10005958_10152743026431562_991256480_o.jpg]
(2014-04-03 01:35)Stephen Wrote: [ -> ]still going to defend the gun laws after this?

Blade has publicly stated on this very forum, that anti-gun people arrange school shootings to prove their point.

Blade, even though I find you borderline insane, I wish you the best of luck.
I like how your first thoughts are to post here.. Regardless, obviously hope you are safe.
(2014-04-03 02:01)Josh Wrote: [ -> ]I like how your first thoughts are to post here.. Regardless, obviously hope you are safe.

In a case of public emergency, please update your Twitter status accordingly.
I posted everywhere. I needed to talk to someone. Anyone for that matter. I was the only soul in the building and the police wouldn't even communicate I got out after an hour and a half. They are still looking.

I have tons of pictures now. I've never had a fear like that before. Totally utterly defenseless and alone.
[Image: 10014287_10152743061961562_1773932616_o.jpg]

The lack of communication and updates were terrible i found out through Facebook not the campus police or PA.
Stay safe
We're clear and now they are asking us of anyone else was with us or in the buildings.
[Image: 10011785_10152743100316562_1071301397_o.jpg]

Police have entered the two buildings
[Image: 10152491_625362580878153_2017246681_n.jpg]
Suspect got away. Supposedly a disgruntled boyfriend. Sounds like we still have class. That is nuts.
That's messed up. Glad you're okay though.
I just don't get it what makes people do these kind of things. Here in Finland have been several school shooting incidents, which were deadly for some students. It's ridiculous. I hope that the suspect gets detained.
The scary part is it was after hours so school security moves away from the class buildings to the dorms. And being a gun free zone only police officers military etc are the only "good guys" allowed to carry. It took the police 20-30 minutes to react and then they didn't find him for 3 hours. And at that point he was off campus. We still don't know if it was accidental or on purpose. Amazingly no one was injured or hurt!

I was in Van Deusen and the "shooter" was between bowman and the business building.
http://www.kent.edu/campuses/maps/map.cfm

The worst part was campus police or the kent police wouldn't even tell us what to do. We can't lock the doors as students and they all open out so you can't barricade them. Crazy night. I'm still up because I can't sleep. Hopefully he gets charged with possession in a gun free zone and instilling public panic vs turning the entire thing into a big uproar. Sadly kent is known for the rioting hippies in the 1970s so if you just look up kent state shooting it's going to bring up that incident.

On a lighter note we all thought it was because of the backfire my 84 made when it "diesel'd" earlier and backfired 3 times sounding like 12 gage shots. But we were far away enough from campus this wasn't possible.
"The suspect has been named as Quavaugntay Tyler, a student at Kent State.

Read more at: http://www.heavy.com/news/2014/04/kent-s...ots-fired/"

With a name like that I'm hardly surprised he flipped and decide to fire a gun in a school ground, I'm amazed it's taken him that long.
I don't get the point. Why are you scared of a 'gunman' running around with a gun in a gun-free-zone, when everybody carries guns everywhere else anyways?
Because he wasn't wearing a gun himself Cola.

Tbh, entire America should be a gun-free zone.

Scratch that, I never said that, don't want to get in an arguement of 500 pages.
Reference URL's