[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Skype Connection Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys,

Only recently I have been getting absolute balls of a skype connection when in a call my friends.

I have never had this issue and my internet is one of the highest in my area.

I have reinstalled, updated, made sure all internet related things are turned off, un-installed hamchi, changed skype ports... everything I know and it does not effect it.

It's strange because It is not common nor frequent, Non of my friends have this problem and it happens nearly on a daily basis (not everytime)

I can hear them perfectly fine however, they hear me as a crumpled static laggy mess..

Any hope?

This is my internet speed whilst in a skype call with this issue occuring:

[Image: 3422200813.png]
Is there no problem with the microphone?
Microphone quality is good as new. Tested that. No issues with the headset (Playback head set anyways so if I had Microphone issues I would be able to tell.)
Check your hardware.

1. Check that your microphone is plugged in

2. Check that you haven't accidentally clicked the microphone mute button on your device or headset

3. If you're in a loud environment, it might be hard for your friend to hear you. Consider moving to a quieter space.

After these steps are done, do a skype test call.

1. In your Contact list, select Skype Test Call. It may also be called Echo / Sound Test Service or Skype Test Call (echo123).

If you can hear your recorded message, it means that your microphone is working and the problem probably lies with your friend.

If the above didn't help, check your skype settings.

Firstly, make sure you and your friend are using the latest version of Skype. After that, look at your microphone settings.

1. In the menu bar, click Tools > Options > Audio Settings.

2. Find the volume indicator and speak into the microphone. If it lights up and moves when you speak, your microphone is working correctly.

[Image: fa897_c.png]

3. If the volume indicator does not light up when you speak, make sure that the device you want to use as your microphone is selected in the drop-down list. If it’s not, click the down arrow and select your device.

[Image: fa897_d.png]

You can also adjust your audio settings during a call. Simply click the call quality icon in the call bar (you may have to move your mouse to make the call bar appear):

[Image: fa897_e.png]

If the above didn't help, check your connection using this guide.

If the above didn't help, ask your friend to check their audio settings.

Pictures belong to their respectful owners.
Are you suffering from packet loss perhaps?
Checked all that Enty, hardware is all fine.

Hmm I could be suffering Packet loss, not sure how to check but I shall look into that tomorrow if I have time.
(2014-04-06 21:10)LuckyLuke Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm I could be suffering Packet loss, not sure how to check but I shall look into that tomorrow if I have time.

Go to http://www.pingtest.net and make the test there.

It will tell you if there is any issue going on with your connection (i.e packets loss)

However, is this happening only on Skype? Or in Teamspeak 3 aswell?

Also to note, when you are on a Skype call, one of the users is the host, in case your connection to his router is bad, your sound and or voice will be laggy which doesnt mean your internet is lagging.

You could try telling someone else to start the call (host it) , or to start the call yourself in stead of being called by others.
Busting your point right here Frozen. If its his connection to the host, then he wouldn't be able to hear them perfectly fine, wich is what he does.
[Image: 95692177.png]

Good ping for the server.

No Packet loss.

I can hear the others pretty much fine (not as good as normal but no other issues just small loss of quality) however, they have issues hearing me, major lag, bad quality cant distinguish what I am saying type quality.

Teamspeak works perfectly fine it is just Skype.

I already tested the pings/connection with different users on my contact list and all came with the same result. YOUR connection is slow between you and the user.

Hardware and computer are all good, just the connection with me and Skype, I have seen a few others have similar issues however, no positive and successful response.

I hope it is just one of them things that will die down over time and slowly disappear.

Edit: Ignore my grammar skillz Biggrin
Reference URL's