[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: My thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry if this is the incorrect section - wasn't sure where to post.

I noticed that my "The skillful cops of WKD" thread was taken down a few days ago. My thoughts was that there was probably no issue with the video itself, but the fact it had been featured on a fake WKD website and as a result stirred up a bit of a fuss on the LFS forums where legal issues about the website were briefly debated. I presume we don't know if someone form the TC community made the website?

I completely understand TC not wanting to be associated with any illegal activity or create a rivalry between us and WKD (this was not my intention either - I just wanted to make people laugh). If that was the reason it was taken down, I respect that. However, the fuss seems to have died down now and the website has been taken down.

So two questions - am I right about the reason it was taken down? And would TC mind putting the thread back up now the fuss is over?

My apologies to the TC community if I caused a problem. Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Turkey.
Still not a good idea put it back up, as you said your self that video has caused problems so best just keep it on youtube for people to watch on there. With it being posted on here it gives room for criticism that we did it and we don't want accusations.
You have a point, Stevo - it's possible that it would make people assume the TC community was involved in making the website. But I highly doubt someone from the WKD community is likely to stumble across the video on the TC forums if they haven't already. And even if they did, the chances of something sparking off again are very slight.
I moved your thread into a private area, predominantly because of this hoohah with WKD, and the fact that Mr.Beav (leader in WKD?) had been spotted on here and I just thought, ok, lets get this out of the way for the time being. That's not the entire reason but it's all I'm allowed to disclose.

I have checked with the team members and none of them are responsible for the fake website so I can only assume it was someone from somewhere else in LFS who either stumbled across the video here or on YouTube and thought it would be funny.

I'll probably give it another day Smile
Thanks for the quick response, Street.

That makes good sense. Happy to wait a day or two.
(2011-12-20 14:12)Street Wrote: [ -> ]I'll probably give it another day Smile

Just a reminder.
Do we really need it back up? If you really want to see it you can find it in yootoob.
Reference URL's