[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: COP backup location
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys again,

maybe I just haven't noticed how to do it, but I think it would be nice, if when there is backup needed, the HUD could also show the location of the suspect being chased, as I have found mysef in situations, that I'd like to join the chase, but then after joining I realize that the chase is going in the opposite part of the map, therefore making it a lot harder to actually physically join the chase.

If there is a way, how to locate the suspect, please tell it here, if there is not, I guess it would be a nice addon to keep the COP job easier and let the closest cops join the chase without hassle. Smile
You get location in the top right of the screen if the cop closest to the suspect is visual. If not the location will be in question marks.

Alternatively you can have a quick spectate on the suspect, I use this method sometimes.
I remember earlier we could saw it but it got removed because the nearest cop should not see the location. I don't know why they not just made it invisible for the cops in the chase, but invisible for everyone..

As Edwin said, you can join and then you see the location (and if you leave before chase modus you don't lose anything) or just spectate.. Some cops send their location (!location or !direction) before calling for backup.
Just because the suspect is the other side of the map doesn't mean you can't join it.
Okay, thanks guys Smile

DanielP: Yes I know, it's just that I don't feel very useful when joining a chase which happens in the North end of, e.g. Montana, while I am at the Drifters Corner and it takes ages to get to the actual suspect. Wink
(2014-04-21 21:10)Sade Wrote: [ -> ]...(and if you leave before chase modus you don't lose anything)...

not correct, but i was thinking bout suggesting it. also i think it would be a good idea that joining should be possible only when in a certain radius. sometimes ppl join so fast that you cant join although you are right behind the chase...
(2014-04-21 21:47)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-21 21:10)Sade Wrote: [ -> ]...(and if you leave before chase modus you don't lose anything)...

not correct

Have they changed that, or is it just me thinking when the suspect get lost/busted, while you are in join modus you not lose anything?

Well, if your right they should may fix it if you join an chase with a misstake..
no there is a difference. if lost/busted nothin happens, but if u do !lost you loose the chase and XP, also when still in joinmode.

still sometimes unlucky if u join by accident/ wrong chase/ too far away/ in rb4 on xfr you have to go for it...
As said already, spectate the suspect before !joining. Also the cop asking for backup may do !location or !direction command to show one's location on the minimap. Smile
Reference URL's