[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Insim Update - Support Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: 2ly6c0n.png]

[TC] CityDriving – Licensing Update Q&A

What's new?

- We have added a vast number of new features, these include:
- Licenses (For Cop, Tow and Med/Res) each requiring an online test.
- Profile Badges (For teams, DJs, trainers, special awards etc.)
- A few tweaks to the towing system.

What are licenses?

- Licenses are available for Cops, Tows and Medic/Rescue unit. Everyone will need to take these tests regardless of prior experience.
- In order to acquire these licenses you must first sign up for a test.
- In-game, go to the HOME menu, click Licenses and then click on the license you wish to acquire. Follow the instructions from there.

How much does each test cost?

– Each test differs in price from €1000 - €2500. You can find out how much a test costs by driving to a Safe Zone, entering the HOME menu, followed by selecting Licenses. The price will be shown under each license type.
  • COP: €2500
  • TOW, MED & RES: €1000

How long do I have to complete a test?

– You must complete a test as soon as you can. There is no timeout, however you may only complete a test in one go, there is no “save and come back later”.

When do I find out the results of my test?

– As soon as your test is over, you will be instantly shown your results. This will consist of PASS or FAIL and the quantity of questions you got wrong.

Can I find out the questions I failed?

– You cannot see a copy of your test after you have completed it. [TC] Members will not discuss the results of your test with you either. We can only suggest that you revise all aspects of your role specifics prior to taking your test again.

I failed a test, when can I retake it?

- Every test has a cool-down period before you can retake it. Failure of the TOW, MED & RES test will require you to wait a 24 hour period before attempting to gain your license, whereas failing the COP test will require a 7 day period.

How long is my license valid for?

– You will be shown within the HOME > Licenses menu how long a license will be valid for along with the price of the test. At any point after obtaining your license, you may enter the HOME > Licenses menu to see the license expiration date.
Alternatively, you can use the !licenses command or check on your profile-page

Why have some players got badges on their profile with no expiration date?

– Some licenses may be issued to players permanently by [TC] Members. In most circumstances, the type of licenses will be team based licenses, achievement licenses or other role based licenses.

I am in a team, however I have no license badge on my profile! How do I get one?

– We will only currently issue a license badge to affiliate team members. To request a badge, you should either contact your Team Leader or a TC Member to put in a request for your badge.

I have completed my cop test, how come I still can't play as a cop?

– If your cop rights have been revoked, regardless of your licenses status, you will still have to participate in a training session with an official trainer. You must complete both training and the test before you can gain your cop rights back.

My license has been revoked mid-term, why?

– Administrators have the power to revoke any license at any given time if we feel you have broken rules related to that license. You may retake a test in order to gain your license back, however you will still be required to pay the administration fee for the examination. Alternatively, you may ask why your license was revoked in the “Server Administration Tasks” forum area, where an administrator will be happy to help you.

I passed my test but the license won't show up in-game, why?

The data synchronization may take up to 10 minutes. Either wait the period of time or disconnect and reconnect to the server.

Quick-links

Manual (for guides etc) http://www.city-driving.co.uk/manual/
Rules: http://www.city-driving.co.uk/rules/
Why u do dis to me? ;c

Well i failed to read that i could check multible answears.. Can i take the cop test agian, its just to long to wait 7 days.. ;c

Administrator Message by: Ash

Unfortunately it would be unfair to allow individual users to take their tests again and not other players. The text has been put at the top of the test so it is easy to see and the first thing you should read. Best of luck when you re-take your test however! Smile
I got a question, if I forgot a answer in a multiple answer question, it counts as a failed question?

Yes, thats correct.
How many mistakes are maximum in one test?

How many mistakes are maximum in the cop test?

Do i need to re pay cop test if i fail at first?

Administrator Message by: Mr. NB

Yes.
I found a mistake in Question 5 of the cop test, the 2nd answer isn't complete.
And a small typo in question 16 :3

Administrator Message by: Pete

The questions are randomly assigned out of a larger pool. If you could send me specific details from what you can remember via PM, that would be appreciated
What's Mistake points? I had 3, did i make 3 mistakes?
And also, what's the difference between tow and med/res?

3 mistake points == 3 mistakes

TOW's can be chased if they speed when responding to a call, MED/RES cannot. That's the main difference. For more differences see the rules: http://www.city-driving.co.uk/rules

Administrator Message by: Chuck

Atm, all questions have currently 1 point assigned. But they may have more in future. Important questions could be assigned 2 or 3 points then.
Hey.
Is it a chance to see what questions that i failed on ??. so i know what i dont get and what i do right. i think its inportent for me. and learning by that Smile

Have a good night !

We can't show you the actual questions but I can give you some keywords of where or problems are:
cop: chase commands, roadblocks from external cops, parking fines, breaking through a roadblock, allowed force to stop a suspect

tow: locator, caution sign, hazard sign, payment, commands, road laws, when to help
I know it's a bit off topic but as the new rule states that MED/RES are allowed to speed to a call and use horn 5 and strobe, are cop's allowed to do the same?

Eh well, good point. Will be discussed today.
Isn't there any way the cooldown of the Cop License gets decreased?

Basing on that TOW / RES/MED have 1 Day cooldown, 7 looks kinda excessive. Isn't there the possibility to change the cooldown to 3 Days? That seems quite more reasonable.

Just a suggestion

The reason the COP test has a longer cool down period is due to the high level of responsibility when playing that rule. Seems quite reasonable I feel.
If Insim crash sometimes does cops/tow/med rights, go away or still stay?

If the Insim crashes, your license's will still stay, as they are held within a database.
As Frozen just pointed out to me on the server that there is also nothing in the rules nor police guide or fine list about the maximum amount the suspect can be fined, I did double check this and found nothing about it in any of the guides.

Cheers Smile

Administrator Message by: BP

Already reported when Frozen approached me on TS.

Ahem: https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=...RqHpEk&
I was just thinking 3 days wait would be a little more reasonable. I'm sure revising the rules and guides doesn't take a week to memorize?
Ash Wrote:The reason the COP test has a longer cool down period is due to the high level of responsibility when playing that rule. Seems quite reasonable I feel.

Of course it has a high level of responsibility, however, if they got the COP Rights and passed Basic and Advanced training, means they have the responsibility enough to do their job, they just need to complete the License in order to be able to COP.

What's the point in making the wait any longer? When you can complete Basic training in a shorter period than 7 days?

The difference between the 3 tests is not quite reasonable.

(2014-04-23 10:22)Howlin Wrote: [ -> ]As Frozen just pointed out to me on the server that there is also nothing in the rules nor police guide or fine list about the maximum amount the suspect can be fined, I did double check this and found nothing about it in any of the guides.

Cheers Smile

Also , as said here,

What about those who got 5 Fails? And failed that question which is not mentioned anywhere?

4 Fails = COP License
5 Fails = 7 Days? What about 3 to make everything fair?

Administrator Message by: Cola

You already recieved your answer earlier. 7 days is the cooldown time.
Its not too fair with the players who dont speak english as pro...i dont understand a lot of question/answer because im not a perfect english speaker. And the any translator on the web, is cant translate a senteces, only words.

Administrator Message by: Ras

It is no different with the rules or manual. You will just have to try your best.

Yes, its not different when you from england...try to translate it for the language what you've learned at school, and try to understand it.
Administrator Message by: Mr. NB

It's understandable that some players may struggle because of their language, but as Ras said, same goes for rules. If there's a question that you don't understand, feel free to send me a PM and I'll do my best to explain it to you.
When MED/RES respond, do they still lose money for speeding?
(could test but i will just forget to check)

Yes, they do, exactly as civilians do. However, they still can go 130% over the limit and don't lose anything. I thinks that's a fair deal.
Is there any way to see the "FAILED" image of the cop / tow / med test again in order to see the update made by chuck?

The list of keywords where we failed at?

It doesn't work for tests which are already done. But I can give you somr keywords manually: caution sign, hwa & vcu, initiate a chase, roadblock in chase, cop tag
Can I also have the keywords of my med exam please?

Thanks!

Was usefull

Im taking your most recent med test: Responding to calls, locator, commands, when to start helping
Taking a wild guess here, you can't do the job without the license?
Administrator Message by: BP

Indeed. That's the general idea!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's