[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: License tests - first stats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
That's a great way to help people learn from their errors. Thanks for the update, Chuck! Smile
Some updates to yesterday:
We've addressed many little problems and issues:
-All questions have been verified, some were re-phrased for clarification, some were even deleted.
-The max. fine has been added to the fine-list (yes it was missing)
-The rules have been modified: Cops can, of course, respond to SOS calls the same way as MED/RES

I guess there was more, but I can't remember Wink
(2014-04-23 19:06)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]-The rules have been modified: Cops can, of course, respond to SOS calls the same way as MED/RES

Great work, Chuck. Just a suggestion though, I think it would be worth posting an official thread with this specific rule update, as it's something that's quite significant so it can be clarified for users, rather than just a small post in a thread that has essentially nothing to do with the topic name.

Edit: With this new rule update, I'm sure an additional check will be required in order to display the "Watch your speed as a cop message" on the InSim; checking whether the cop is !responding to a call.

Im gonna sort that soon.

Edit 2: I know police calls are classed as SOS calls, but "the same way as MED/RES" makes it slightly ambiguous. Are we allowed to use horn/strobe to respond to police calls too or merely the TOW calls?

All calls via the SOS menu are SOS calls ~chuck
Currect stats:

Cop: 63 pass - 72 fail
Tow: 36 pass - 81 fail
Med: 46 pass - 47 fail
lol so many have failed the test, it's evident the new system is working Wink
Half of the fails are caued by not understanding english possibly imo.
I think it is clear that [TOW] is the most common and most common in the newer user section.

So the newer people may not be aware of all the rules etc but people learn from mistakes. Language barriers appears to be an issue too, could a suggest a selectable language feature on the exams where it translates to selected languages?
I support that as I had some problems trying to understand everything but I think that translate it in several languages would be a lot of work and I dont think that the translations would have exactly the same meaning as the english sentences
There is hardly any test without a mistake about insim commands. Those are so utterly avoidable.
A good chunk of the fails were probably from when the manuals and rules weren't as clear as they are now, and probably when the tests were still a little weird. I wouldn't call that a working system, Howlin. Tongue

Of course many simply don't know the commands they should know. Wink
It's is a new system, and its a great system. It is improving already after a few days of it being released. I understand the translate thing maybe quite a bit of work but it is possible over time.

Like every new program, it will need a bit of tweaking before it's perfect.
Isn't there an automatic google translator thing? Tongue
Bad translation, but it's decipherable if you fluently speak the translated language.
(2014-04-25 11:53)Kenwood Wrote: [ -> ]A good chunk of the fails were probably from when the manuals and rules weren't as clear as they are now, and probably when the tests were still a little weird. I wouldn't call that a working system, Howlin. Tongue

To be perfectly fair about it, yes you're right but the way you have to look at it is that now those mistakes, errors and missing things have been pointed out we have already come away with new updated rules/guides, improved tests and the fact that probably 70% of the tests were failed from people not knowing the rules.

If you look at it from different angles there has been many advantages so far and hopefully still more to come. Smile
(2014-04-25 12:30)KaraK Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't there an automatic google translator thing? Tongue
Bad translation, but it's decipherable if you fluently speak the translated language.

The problem arises when someone with a non Germanic native tongue tries to stuff the entire test through Google translate. An example of a problem would be that because the sentences in some cases are back to front vs English, the questions become completely incomprehensible as the sentences would make no sense and multiple words will be translated wrongfully. This is likely to make the user decipher the now very cryptic question wrong, which in turn causes him to fail the test. Problem is, he can now blame it on Google and TC.

I think all of us at TC would like the tests - and rules for that matter - to be in multiple languages. We've done it before, but maintaining it is a lot of work and every time there's a small edit and/or something gets added, that be to the insim or the general ruleset, you need people which native languages correspond with each translation. The people that wrote them up in the first place might have left the community, so you'll need to find new ones and ensure that their language capabilities are strong enough to convey the translations properly. You also need them to do it for free. It's alot of work that's tedious and very, very boring.
Pff, I thought I did well at the medic test. I thought I had max 2 mistakes then suddenly 5 and a failure. I even read all the TOW and MED things beforehand. So yeah I aswell have difficulties to understand the goddamn questions somehow.

Only way anymore I can find out to just have good luck with it and make a good lottery and see if it wins me a licence Wink.

Also I think ok fair enough, COP test costs something, but 1000€ for MED/RES and TOW? Really? The cooldown thing I understand aswell though thats good. But taking money out of MED and TOW tests, and for that much, that's just made to annoy people.
lol I failed. I'm a great example of a ex-tc member haha. 6 errors although some are quite tricky. There was a question about VCU and HWA having the same rights, but they really don't have the exact same rights and I think that gave me a few minus points. I got wrong in stunting where I answered yes if it was allowed to do stuns in stunt-areas. Is there something that has changed with that since I've been away the last few weeks?
@Kyllone
Well, you had 2 mistakes just by not knowing the commands, another one because you don't know when to use the caution-sign. That's 3 100% avoidable and clear mistakes.
(2014-04-25 19:16)Weelob Wrote: [ -> ]I got wrong in stunting where I answered yes if it was allowed to do stuns in stunt-areas. Is there something that has changed with that since I've been away the last few weeks?

Cops aren't meant to do stunts in stuntzones, if you want to stunt you can just take the tag off and do it as civlian. If you drive a ramp once or twice while being a cop an admin will hardly care, but you should refrain from it.

Also you failed to fill out the question with the hazard sign. Without these two mistakes you would have passed.
Hey Chuck, are you able to see what I've got to look over? I've got a feeling it'll be something to do with speedtrapping and illegal parking...
Can someone link me to the thread where says more information about the HwA's? Found the info about VCU but not HwA.

On another side wanted to inform that this list is outdated.
http://city-driving.co.uk/manual/Members_List

[TC] Val appears as recruit and not as Constable on Probation

Administrator Message by: Pete

Fixed

~Frozen
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's