[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Police Brutality
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Found this on Facebook earlier, thought it would be quite interesting to share...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=102...eam_ref=10

Contains mild language throughout!

What are your thoughts? Was the officer in the wrong to use so much force? Should he have shown his police ID number?
Wow, I'm speechless. The way he was shouting "stay on the ground" and shoving him towards the ground was pretty disrespectful and rude.

I don't know what that nice old man had done before the incident, but the polices should have dealt with this with a proper way of doing. Also coming towards the end they also choked him - amazing. Jesus, hope he recovers.

My side of opinion will stay as this, but if that old man had murdered someone around 10 minutes before this incident, I wouldn't mind the brutality.
My opinion is that we can't judge this situation. Filming begins somewhere in the middle of he action which made it impossible to know the whole story in this.
Well if you don't comply with their orders then they will arrest you and use all necessary force to do so. Wether or not that arrest was lawful is only important after the arrest.

+1 BMW-gek.
Well we can't really make a judgement on speculation, we need to know the facts first.

To be honest, the woman should have really minded her own business instead of interfering with police business. It looked like her who was provoking the others to come over and help the old guy, if a police officer instructs you to do something, you should really comply.

So yeah, don't know what happened before but that guy was resisting arrest essentially, I'd say it was probably justified but I don't know the cold hard facts that preceded this.
The voice of the person recording is *Removed* annoying...
I don't see the problem here? He's resisting arrest, the person recording keeps interupting, and the officer is just doing his job.
Besides, what's already been said, we're unable to judge seeing as we don't know the whole situation.

Also, police brutality? How exactly? Tongue
All I see is someone being pushed to the ground by one single cop, quite gently even if you ask me. I would've used more force.
I'm aware that I reacted like an old protective grandmother - but I can't help it, officers in Finland are a lot more friendlier.

DanielP Wrote:Should he have shown his police ID number?

This is a very good question. There have been on news quite several fake police officers "arresting" people. The identity should always be shown and to be available to show it.
(2014-04-30 17:28)entY Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what that nice old man had done before the incident

Did you notice the words coming out of the "nice" old mans mouth? He was swearing up a storm, and near the end he was talking about how badly he is going to hurt them. Or how about when he punched at the officer, or kicked at the officer while he was on the ground? From what I can tell, he has received a minimal amount of force necessary to restrain him. What should he have done, let him walk away? Unsure
Where's the police brutality?
(2014-04-30 22:49)Kenwood Wrote: [ -> ]Where's the police brutality?

You are american. This is everyday stuff for you.
(2014-05-01 00:11)Makee Wrote: [ -> ]

No, it isn't. Smile
(2014-05-01 00:11)Makee Wrote: [ -> ]

I had the exact same question. I don't see any police brutality there.
Maybe it's just her accent but the recorder of the video seems amused throughout..
Reference URL's