[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Ayrton Senna
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I guess the most know this name, some may have seen him ,
some may only know the movie that's been released some time ago.

Ayrton Senna was killed during a Formula 1 race at Imola (Italy)
on May, 1st, 1994, which is almost exactly 20 years ago.
Also not forgotten, Roland Ratzenberger (AUT), who died in
one of the practice sessions just the day before.

Both deaths sustainably changed the thinking about safety in the Formula 1,
with the result that Ayrton Senna was the last driver who lost his life in a
Formula 1 accident until the present day.

Rest in Peace, Roland
Rest in Peace, Ayrton

That is incredible! I've heard the name in racing many times however, never knew why it was so popular. What a great guy but a dirty racer haha.

Rest in peace.
Senna is quite an inspirational character, much like the rally driver Henri Toivonen who also died behind the wheel.

Something Honda did a while back to the memory of Senna.

He is and will be a legend all time. I really would like to know what he may think about the formula one nowadays.
As much of a legend as he was, his driving standards were still pretty dirty and some moves he did were just unthinkable, but he still earned his his reputation despite this.

Although I still have alot more respect for Prost, especially watching back the earlier F1 seasons in which the rivalry was high between the two.
He was a very dirty racer yet a respectful one, he made risks but always cared for the injured. Back then it was a serious sport and it still is today however, health and safety get in the way now.

He changed racing history.
I agree his style of driving seems inappropriate today, but 20 years ago were other times. Also, just watching two youtube videos does not represent 10 years of driving.
But apart of that, I think F1 went just down from there. Well, safety has it's price. F1 is boring like never before, I hardly watch any race these days. It's just 90 minutes of monotonous engine buzzing, no overtaking, no crashes, no exploding engines, no scandals. Well, the last years, I used to take a nap with the buzzing in the background, but even that doesn't work any more with the new engines.
All the new inventions like DRS and KERS and the hundreds of new knobs on the wheel are just desperate attempts to make it any more attractive. Sometimes I just wish they'd just re-broadcast an older season.
That's definitely true about F1 going downhill. I think the last 'good' years were 2005-6 possibly a bit after that. Then there were no exciting crashes, nothing like Indianapolis 05! Tongue

But the 90s were amazing, even the games; F1 1995 on PS1 Heart
Connor do you watch F1 just to see crashes?? Biggrin Maybe you should try Nascar
Nono not at all! Tongue

I mean it makes it more exciting but the overtakes, the drama, everything else makes it exciting! Smile
You should really stop living in the past and accept the way the future is going, yes it might not be as action packed and exciting as it once was, but you got to appreciate the technological advances in F1 that has led to equally close races.
Yes true, but sometimes I wish that there should be more competition for the win. A lot of the time, there are teams that are so much more technologically more advanced than the other teams its not even close. Fair enough there's been some brilliant battles so far, but I won't a closer finish! Tongue
(2014-05-06 10:24)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]Yes true, but sometimes I wish that there should be more competition for the win. A lot of the time, there are teams that are so much more technologically more advanced than the other teams its not even close. Fair enough there's been some brilliant battles so far, but I won't a closer finish! Tongue

Striving for equality amongst the grid of different chassis types and engine manufactures is almost impossible no matter what rules are changed. Even back when Senna and Prost were racing, there was huge differences between certain packages and was ultimately down to the drivers.
All you that are interested in him, I'd suggest you to watch the movie called Senna (made in 2010 think) it's absolutely fantastic and tells alot more you could think about him, his epic rivalry with Prost and the Formula 1 of his era.

Great driver and I think it's safe to say he was the best driver F1 has ever seen and probably there won't be anyone like him.

It's a shame though that Razenbergers death has been shadowed so much by Ayrtons. Tongue Not many remember and some don't even know that Ayrton wasn't the only one who lost their lives that weekend.
Reference URL's