[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Look Up - an inspirational video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Saw this video on Facebook, my god it made me look at the world in a different way. Everyone should aspire to this, you never know, maybe this will happen to you...

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=...jN19ZrxyD0

Use link Barney gave below. Smile

Ahaha, cheers Barney! I put it up on my phone, I failed. Tongue
The inconvenient truth.

I think this video takes the digital revolution to the extreme and highlights only a small part of the reason people engage with technology. It's true that people are becoming more and more dependent on technology but we shouldn't completely boycott it as this video suggests. Finding the right balance between an online and real social presence is key and I hope that's the message this video eventually conveys, even if it convinces people to use their phones, tablets and computers a little less each day.
I can agree and disagree with so many things on that video, It does raise a good point that a lot of people spend time on their phones etc, but it's not necessarily a bad thing.
As Pete said, it's using it less that would make the difference because sometimes it is useful and not always possible that you can talk to a friend face to face. For the most part though the younger generation these days (from my point of view) are not pleasant people to talk with anyway so i would rather talk to people i know and who i share interests with Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7dLU6fk9QY

(Same video, but the actual video, not a repost. Hence the difference in views. Thought I'd post this just because some people like reading the YouTube comments. Tongue)
First comment "Lonely souls are free spirits" lol, so true Tongue
We're the ones choosing to live our lives like this. We are not forced to use our phones,TV's X-Box,Other Consoles, PC's and tablet in a never ending way.

We were not made to do this or ordered, it is how we have chose to be...

If anything contact between families/friends is much better because of technology...

As for dont waste your life in the net...rubbish..again we choose to do it, we are not robots, we are the ones that pick the phone up, send that text message..

Society as a whole chooses this life.
Christ if asking a girl directions gets you married I'm never going to do it. Google maps i love you..
(2014-05-06 15:47)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]Christ if asking a girl directions gets you married I'm never going to do it. Google maps i love you..
Well, it's the little things, rofl..
Alcohol, smoking, drugs none of them, no. It's the phones that are making everyone less social. I feel the video is trying come across a little extreme to try and prove a point that most people will likely miss and exaggerate even more. I met some friends once, they seemed like nice people.
That social media he is talking about is giving him shit loads of money
(2014-05-06 15:48)BoyPower Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-06 15:47)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]Christ if asking a girl directions gets you married I'm never going to do it. Google maps i love you..
Well, it's the little things, rofl..

You'd know all about little things eh BP Wink
Reference URL's