[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Help with choosing car
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello guys. I've recently started practicing driving with my dad's Volvo 850, unfortunately i'm too tall/big for that car (can't fit very well in the driver seat).

I'm 205cm/6ft8 and i need to find a car that is quite big and also cheap, i don't know very much about cars so i don't know what could be good for me.

So if any of you people that know alot about cars could help me out i'd appreciate it.

Thanks.
Nissan,Volvo,seat,vw,Skoda,Audi,Fiat,Honda,Toyota,Peugeot,bmw.

Got some nice cars hehe
(2014-05-17 22:04)Dowpy Wrote: [ -> ]6ft8

Bloody hell Dowpy!
(2014-05-17 22:10)Jimmy Wrote: [ -> ]Nissan,Volvo,seat,vw,Skoda,Audi,Fiat,Honda,Toyota,Peugeot,bmw.

Got some nice cars hehe
Yea i know but which model of all the cars?(that are big)

(2014-05-17 22:12)DanielP Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-17 22:04)Dowpy Wrote: [ -> ]6ft8

Bloody hell Dowpy!
Yea, it can be VERY annoying sometimes : p
I Think that i may have the answer.

[Image: p200506101235-81908.jpg]

Or you could try this :3

[Image: big-car.jpg]
Haha, great ones Howlin, Biggrin. And good luck on finding a car for you, Dowpy!
[Image: Morris_Mini_Cooper-1.jpg]

No, im serious, had a teacher in school,he was 205 CM, he drove a car like that Smile

On a serious note, good luck finding a car Smile
I wonder if the Volvo 7xx or 9xx series have more headroom? Maybe you should find one and try.

Being 5'6" I'm not really the person to answer your question though Sad
Have you tried the Golf 6? From what i remember there was surprisingly a lot of space in the driver seat, i'm 6 2 and still had quite a lot of room.

Otherwise:

I'm 6'1'' and my dad is 6'4''. We have a Skoda Octavia Mk2 which offers plenty of space. You could look into some of the VAG cars from 2000- and forwards. Otherwise, go try out some cars IRL. Smile
(2014-05-17 22:48)Audiojack Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if the Volvo 7xx or 9xx series have more headroom? Maybe you should find one and try.

Being 5'6" I'm not really the person to answer your question though Sad
No clue really. Aww, alright i guess ill keep on looking. Thanks anyways Smile

(2014-05-17 22:50)Pipa Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried the Golf 6? From what i remember there was surprisingly a lot of space in the driver seat, i'm 6 2 and still had quite a lot of room.

Otherwise:

I haven't tried any cars yet, just wanted to make this thread and ask here first. I'll look into the golf 6, thanks Smile

Thanks for the good luck's people Smile
It depends what you want and how much money you have in use Tongue

Newer cars a Skoda Octavia was pretty good to drive (my school has one) and I'm 194cm. It didn't use much diesel either so it's quite cheap to run. Only thing that costs in it I guess is buying it and then I'd think also repairing it. Not much you could repair yourself.

And on the older cars/cheaper money, I can fit perfectly in my 240 aswell but I'm not sure about 2 meters haha. I'm in love with it regarless of how frickin' much it uses fuel and how slow it is. It's RWD anyways wohoo!

Maybe buy a Hummer. God damn ur big. Is your shoenumber huge aswell? Good luck indeed finding your first car I assume!
we had a ford mondeo 1996 once. my dad is 197 and he fitted in whit space to spare! worth checking out.. its a fwd tho. and a friend of mine i just over 2m and he drives a Audi 80. just tilt back the seat and you got space enough Smile
(2014-05-17 23:46)Cola Wrote: [ -> ]I'm 6'1'' and my dad is 6'4''. We have a Skoda Octavia Mk2 which offers plenty of space. You could look into some of the VAG cars from 2000- and forwards. Otherwise, go try out some cars IRL. Smile
Ah i see. I'll look into it, thanks mate Smile

(2014-05-18 10:04)Kyllone Wrote: [ -> ]It depends what you want and how much money you have in use Tongue

Newer cars a Skoda Octavia was pretty good to drive (my school has one) and I'm 194cm. It didn't use much diesel either so it's quite cheap to run. Only thing that costs in it I guess is buying it and then I'd think also repairing it. Not much you could repair yourself.

And on the older cars/cheaper money, I can fit perfectly in my 240 aswell but I'm not sure about 2 meters haha. I'm in love with it regarless of how frickin' much it uses fuel and how slow it is. It's RWD anyways wohoo!

Maybe buy a Hummer. God damn ur big. Is your shoenumber huge aswell? Good luck indeed finding your first car I assume!
Ah yeah i'll definitely look into the Skoda octavia since Cola is tall aswell and he can fit in it. I don't really want a Volvo tho Tongue. Yea well i have the biggest shoenumber in my school/where i live, thanks man Smile.

(2014-05-18 16:08)TigR Wrote: [ -> ]we had a ford mondeo 1996 once. my dad is 197 and he fitted in whit space to spare! worth checking out.. its a fwd tho. and a friend of mine i just over 2m and he drives a Audi 80. just tilt back the seat and you got space enough Smile
I don't really want a ford mondeo, but i guess ill have to take what i can find lol. Thanks Smile
6'8... dear jesus Dowpy.
6 foot 8 man you may have to look into seat extensions haha. My 62 mini could fit 4, 6 foot 5 inch swimmers but my 02 can only fit 2. My mom's 2007 passat could have fit you no issue.

I know I'm biased but look into mk5 or mk6 golfs as well as b5 or b6 passats. You're not going to find a Nissan or Honda (I worked at a Nissan dealer none of our cars had that much head or leg room)
[Image: Toyota-Yaris-Verso-28775_haessliche_auto...010_16.jpg]
(2014-05-18 18:23)Blade3562 Wrote: [ -> ]You're not going to find a Nissan or Honda (I worked at a Nissan dealer none of our cars had that much head or leg room)

This would seem correct from my viewpoint as it feels that all my Hondas have been built exactly around me (asian standards and I'm still 5'6" like I said) and probably don't seat tall people very well. Even the Legend has rather limited leg room front/rear and it's the executive model.
(2014-05-18 17:24)Johan. Wrote: [ -> ]6'8... dear jesus Dowpy.
Yeah. It can be very annoying at times like this ;<.

(2014-05-18 18:23)Blade3562 Wrote: [ -> ]6 foot 8 man you may have to look into seat extensions haha. My 62 mini could fit 4, 6 foot 5 inch swimmers but my 02 can only fit 2. My mom's 2007 passat could have fit you no issue.

I know I'm biased but look into mk5 or mk6 golfs as well as b5 or b6 passats. You're not going to find a Nissan or Honda (I worked at a Nissan dealer none of our cars had that much head or leg room)
Yea, i spoke to my dad today and we're gonna look into all of these cars, thank you Smile
[Image: 5379ed2f0b92a-970438_4988593434126_1025564186_n.jpg]
This picture came up in my mind..

Shhii, you better buy a boat on wheels then!

Something like and old 4x4 wont work I guess?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's