[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Move for police
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I guess cops are tired and frustrated of people not always moving out of the way.. now obviously this idea won't completely change this but if you look at the screen shot below

[Image: 0a2b2715553aefbcc43365697f41dd38.png]

my idea was to have the siren shown on screen to alternate between 'siren' and 'move for police' when directly behind car? There are pros and cons to ever suggestion so feel free to leave opinions below.
This has already been suggested: http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=9620

However, are you suggesting that the SIREN becomes MOVE FOR POLICE?

P.S. No need to post two same threads. You can edit your Original Post from the edit button on the bottom right corner of the post.
Sirens are used to display those with a !siren on in any direction within a certain distance (not too sure of it - 300m possibly?). So if you have sirens at your 10 o' clock (in terms of bearing) you're unlikely to have police behind you, unless of course there is another chase, or a cop responding to a backup or whatever. What I am saying is, the only way this could be overseen is by checking if the arrows on the siren are pointing downwards, meaning the chase is behind you, which means that you are to move for the police, as you suggested.

I think it's a bit long-winded in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, people not moving for chases is a pain. I think something that has been suggested before would be more effective, and that is an /rcm message to be displayed if a police sends through a !move bind to the respective player.
Maybe for the screen to change to "Move For Police" once the !move command has been used towards a user, sometimes it's hard for users to see it in the chat (unless its spammed) because of how much chat there is.
Please check the forums before making a suggestion. I recall several threads about this.

Anyway, instead of replacing the siren, when a move bind gets pressed, it'll be where the "stop for police" sign comes up.
Flashing 'Siren / Move for police' would be better and will not spam the chat.
Reference URL's