[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know about Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR) ?

That tingling, nice feeling when you watch someone do something or hear certain sounds is something i occasionally experience and have done all my life. Happened again today, so i decided to look it up on Google and to my surprise it turns out there is a name for it and i found >this old thread< where a lot of people write about having the exact same feeling. I'm kinda glad its not just me Rolleyes

Another page about it
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/autonomous...ponse-asmr

Was wondering if anyone else get this feeling?
I get this occasionally when i hear a song I particularly like. It's like euphoria and I myself in a very comfortable state of mind afterwards.

Glad to hear it has a name.
Yes I nearly cried at the radio the other day.
I experience none of this. I've tried those whispering voice things and other such stuff but I've had no success.
Never happened to me, dont know why.
I have this to a certain degree, but I've always thought that it's just a normal neurological response to whatever feelings you associate with it. Never knew it was uncommon.

The videos don't work for me though.
I don't have this. Sad
I usually get goosebumps (and a high feeling) while listening to music, when that "one" tone is hit. Or when watching rally video's and a nice car comes by with an epic sound.
I also have goosebumps while listening to music or singing, but I have never heard about such thing called ASMR.

Quote:at the back of my head I sort of get this internal massage but its a really nice feeling and it sort of make me go numb so if im typing I lose feeling in my fingers

I think I am understanding what the OP (of isitnormal.com) is trying to say, but I definitely would go to health centre asking for advice. Losing feeling from fingers/hand is often a bad promising thing to happen. In this case seems like it's normal, so I wouldn't panic.
I have this, rarely, on something like Sebas said, a very good comfortable song for example.

(2014-06-03 16:38)Audiojack Wrote: [ -> ]I experience none of this. I've tried those whispering voice things and other such stuff but I've had no success.

Cold bitch.
I have no clue what that is Smile
I am very familiar with it.
There are special videos on youtube trying to give you ASMR, if you browse for ASMR you will find a lot of people doing those videos.

Despite the fact that I don't experience the tingles and everything, it makes me very relaxed and such. It's nice to have somebody talking to you. I prefer the teaching ASMRs. There are not a lot of them, but it makes you relaxed and you learn something of it.
Very nice.
Yeah, i looked up some AMSR videos and it easily make me very relaxed. It works very well if you can't sleep, too.
Reference URL's