[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: drift meter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought that it would be cool is a drift meter could be for sale like the locator for a certain amount of money.
The drift meter would measure the angle and speed that your drifting at this would be a fun thing.
And record the fastest and the most angle drift you had so far.
NOT for competion.
Has no real place on the server in my honest opinion.
Totally useless, If you want a drift meter, go to a drift server Wink TC is a cruise server not a drift one.
But everyone wouldn't have it they could buy it
Maybe all the drifters understand the point behind this. Tongue

However, this gets no support from me unfortunately.
My opinion about all drifters is the same: if you want to drift, go to a drift server.
Not only is it not suited for the server, but is it even possible for the insim to recognise people drifting?
It should work if people drifting roundabout and it can show up who did it
Totally and utterly useless on a CRUISE server.
Well drifting is illegal on this server by law... So i don't think encouraging it will work to well..
Wanna drift? Go to a drifting server.
Sorry, But in my opinion.. 99% of the drifting servers got this implented.

I'm already get creazy of the drifters without the meter Tongue
(2014-06-05 11:54)LuckyLuke Wrote: [ -> ]is it even possible for the insim to recognise people drifting?

It is, there have been numerous insims with drift angle (and also an outgauge app) and other data like g-forces.

But no, it's just useless on TC...
I see where you are coming from, but TC is a cops&robbers themed server, and most, if not all insim features revolve around this idea. A drift meter has little to do with cruise / C&R so i, too, don't think it has a logical application that fits the theme of the server(s).
Just take it for a slide , no need for a drift meter to have fun Tongue
why so much negativity
There's so much negativity because no one likes the idea. They're just posting opinions.

My opinion is that the idea is rubbish on a cops and robber server.
Well, people don't like the idea because it is quite pointless having a drift feature programmed for a cops & robbers server. It's nothing against you, just your idea.
I did once suggest a drift meter for TC but nothing came of it, largely because there was no interest as it is a cruise server. I wouldn't totally be against something like this though (personally), nothing wrong with having a little optional gadget to spend some money on.

I did also once suggest a sports pack (stop-watch, 0-60 counter) like Porsche's and other sports cars have.
I think the programming would be hard ...i don't know.
yea it would be cool to have an option to buy a gadget like that.
Reference URL's