[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Drifting around the roundabout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I find it stupid how drifting around the round about it bannable...
why cant cops just get involved and if other players dont like us doing it why dont they just report it via SOS.. tahst what its there for so why not make another use for it..
The rule itself is there for a reason. Without it, chases are in danger as the drifters around the roundabout actively block other users who are trying to get through the roundabout.

How do they block other users? By continuously drifting around the roundabout, others obviously have to wait seconds, plus it doesn't help if the drifter lost control and locks up the whole traffic.

If you are suggesting the rule in question to be removed, I have to give you no support.
if it causes chaos why cant the cops deal with it, its not our fault that a chase it happening at the same time, and anyone who is in the roundabout is in the way anyways so what makes drifting around the roundabout any different.. and again holding up the traffic its the cops responsibility to sort that issue out not the admin. it overall gives the cops more things to do
If you really wanted to go drifting, I don't see a problem with going to a drift server to do it?

People don't seem to understand that this is a Cops 'N' Robbers/Cruise server and it's not all about drifting here so therefore what entY said makes complete sense, drifting the roundabout causes too much havoc for chases and even other road users when it is confined to such a small area that a lot of people pass through at once.
SketchyCrib Wrote:so what makes drifting around the roundabout any different..

entY Wrote:plus it doesn't help if the drifter lost control and locks up the whole traffic.

Drifting the roundabout causes obstruction when the drifter loses control - and it happens a lot. Even when they're not losing control, it's generally messy and they're slow. Admins dealing with this is better.
Drifting the roundabout isn't that hard, why not challenge yourself and do some actual drifting? (ie. around the track, more fun).
Most regular members are pretty annoyed by drifters in the roundabout anyway so it's good that it's not allowed.

There was no rule for it in the past but we had to put one up because it caused a commotion.
Mainly because a lot of drifters couldn't do it in a sensible way and were causing problems.
(2014-06-09 13:51)Pipa Wrote: [ -> ]Mainly because a lot of drifters couldn't do it in a sensible way and were causing problems.

And there's no proof of that ever changing Tongue
(2014-06-09 13:06)Stephen Wrote: [ -> ]Drifting the roundabout isn't that hard, why not challenge yourself and do some actual drifting? (ie. around the track, more fun).

thats easier than drifting round the roundabout.. the roundabout is a tight small space compared to a wide open corner

but in SOS there is a report drifters button why not put it to some use? the whole time iv been playing on this server iv never seen a single player report drifters..

(2014-06-09 12:59)Howlin Wrote: [ -> ]If you really wanted to go drifting, I don't see a problem with going to a drift server to do it?

because drifting legally is boring and its more fun when you can get fined for doing it..

(2014-06-09 12:59)Howlin Wrote: [ -> ]People don't seem to understand that this is a Cops 'N' Robbers/Cruise server and it's not all about drifting here so therefore what entY said makes complete sense, drifting the roundabout causes too much havoc for chases and even other road users when it is confined to such a small area that a lot of people pass through at once.
then why is the server name not Cops "N" robbers/cruise server... its city driving to me that means that you can do what ever you want in the city there for drifting around the roundabout...
I don't see how the name of the server controls what type of server it is. It's main theme is cops and robbers not drifting. It doesn't have to be named cops and robber server just for it to be one.

Also I don't see how it is more entertaining if you get fined by a cop for drifting. Doesn't make any sense.
Is drifting the roundabout fun? Hmm, to some maybe. Is ramming the living hell out of people fun? Yes. Are these things allowed? Of course not, this is to keep the game fun and "safe" for everyone else havoc ensues. If you want to drift, do it around the track and cops will chase you. If it's not a challenge enough for you, go on singleplayer and make your own roundabout. Wink
The reasons why it is forbidden are pretty obvious. It causes nothing but trouble. Drifters are slow, occupy the whole road, regularly lose control over their cars and have no time to watch for other traffic due to their doings.
On a wide stretch that may be just a random obstacle but in a roundabout it's a unacceptable nuisance for all other players. So bottom line, the interest of the majority, of having a usable road, outweighs the interest if the individual.
Reference URL's