[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: + Report - Multiple Users (Report Archived by Pipa)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Before I begin, I would like to say that I was not part of the incident(s) at hand. I merely saw it and thought it was an unfair treatment. I wasn't entirely sure whether I should bother you with this, but after speaking to a few people I decided it was the right thing to do.
---------------------------------------------

● Your LFS Username: danlevy91

● Their LFS Usernames: Rumpel, Jason1984

● Their LFS GameNames: Rumpel, ÎßÀËGÅ™ [COP] (reads: ORANGE­™ [COP])

● Replay Link: Here

● Replay Timestamps:
  1. 09:58.00 - Rumpel does not move for sirens, first incident
  2. 10:54.00 - Rumpel does not move for sirens, second incident
  3. 11:48.00 - Chase finished, ORANGE­™ [COP] chases Rumpel for failure to move for police
  4. 13:19.00 - Rumpel is specced for speeding in pits, receives auto-fine
  5. 13:42.00 - After leaving the pits, ORANGE­™ [COP] initiates a chase for no apparent reason
  6. 13:51.00 - Rumpel is specced for speeding in pits, receives auto-fine again
  7. 14:17.00 onwards - I state that this is not legit, argument begins

● Description of incident from June 15th 2014, ca. 9:45PM GMT

ORANGE­™ [COP] was chasing a suspect, when Rumpel appeared and did not move for sirens twice in a short period of time, which is obviously against the rules. When ORANGE­™ [COP] finished the chase, he initiated a pursuit on Rumpel for not moving for sirens. Rumpel failed to stop but eventually was forced to spectate for speeding in the pitlane. For this, he received an auto-fine by the InSim (as usual).

However
, after Rumpel left the pits, ORANGE­™ [COP] almost immediately initiated a chase again, Rumpel sped away and got auto-specced for the same reason as above.

When I saw this incident, I thought it was unfair that ORANGE­™ [COP] chased him twice for the very same incident. Although I agree that not moving for sirens is a very serious offense which is bannable, I still think it isn't fair to chase a suspect for the same incident more than one time (if the suspect didn't repeat the offense that is!), but this is for you to decide.

Thank you for taking the time to read through this and decide on this matter.

Best Regards,

danlevy91 aka. KASOKUDO
---------------------------------------------

● Postscript

For easy reference I have added an abridged chatlog for the argument starting at 14:17.00. This only contains relevant comments from people involved.

● Chatlog of incident from June 15th 2014, ca. 9:45PM GMT

Quote:KASOKUDO : that is not legit
KASOKUDO : i am sure it isn't
KASOKUDO : Orange, pay that back
ÎßÀËGÅ™ [COP] : KASOKUDO - excuse me?
KASOKUDO : he was auto busted
ÎßÀËGÅ™ [COP] : he went through pits at high speed
ÎßÀËGÅ™ [COP] : his fault
[6S] Byran [COP] : cuz he sped
ÎßÀËGÅ™ [COP] : yeah his FAULT
[6S] Byran [COP] : his own fault
KASOKUDO : then u just start again?
Luke™ [COP] : his fault
ÎßÀËGÅ™ [COP] : he went through pits HIGH SPEED
ÎßÀËGÅ™ [COP] : so dont tell me
Prophet™ [COP] : yea
KASOKUDO : yeah the first time
KASOKUDO : but why chase him again?
KASOKUDO : or did I see something wrong??
ÎßÀËGÅ™ [COP] : He was breaking rules, wanted to talk to him but he sped off
ÎßÀËGÅ™ [COP] : meaning speeding off= doesnt want to stop
ÎßÀËGÅ™ [COP] : then he went through pits at high speed and went over
ÎßÀËGÅ™ [COP] : pit speed limit
KASOKUDO : but still, I mean you can't just start a chase to talk man
ÎßÀËGÅ™ [COP] : his fault pal
KASOKUDO : one of those two fines was unfair
ÎßÀËGÅ™ [COP] : KASOKUDO - you his laywer?
KASOKUDO : let me check the replay, I don't wanna get anything wrong here
KASOKUDO : no
KASOKUDO : but rules are rules
[6S] Byran [COP] : replays dont show insim kasokudo
KASOKUDO : what's wrong with that?
[6S] Byran [COP] : we can def pull people over to tell them rules
[6S] Byran [COP] : depends on rules
[6S] Byran [COP] : the rule*
I saw the whole thing and was involved in the discussion and chase as well. Orange had chased this person because he was ramming people and interfering with chases. He sped in the pits and was specced, and then Orange went to chase him again when he left the pits to tell him the rules, because he wouldn't listen otherwise. He then sped again in the pits, which is completely his fault. No offense KASOKUDO, but you had no right to get involved, and you caused an argument because of it.
Excuse me if I say this (I don't want to turn this into another big argument) but I have every right to get involved when I see something that doesn't look right, and a number of people told me to report this so that this thing gets settled. When you see a crime on the street, surely you don't just stand there? (Bad way to put it but you know what I mean.)

Of course, we are all free to our opinions and feelings, but I think instead of continuing to argue, we should let the admins handle this, alright? I don't want to step on anybodies' toes here and I'm sorry if I have upset you in any way. Just doing what I thought was the right thing to do Smile
This report is being looked into. Please be patient.
Nicely spotted danlevy91 and i see no issue in speaking out against it. You did it in a calm and respectable manner. Perfectly fine thing to do.

(2014-06-16 14:38)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]I saw the whole thing and was involved in the discussion and chase as well. Orange had chased this person because he was ramming people and interfering with chases.

That part was fine. He can chase him for failing to move for emergency vehicles.

(2014-06-16 14:38)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]and then Orange went to chase him again when he left the pits to tell him the rules, because he wouldn't listen otherwise. He then sped again in the pits, which is completely his fault.

NO. Orange is no admin and has no authority to pretend to be one and certainly no right to abuse his cop rights to do so. He may talk to a user nicely and tell him about the rules, which we highly appreciate but nothing more.
As the rules state he may not chase somebody unless he has broken a server law, everything else is abuse of cop rights.

Quote:4.9. Fines

Cops may issue fines according to the official fine-list. A cop may only initiate a chase for offenses he has actually witnessed from his car, except where laser evidence is available. Fines for speeding require at least one cop to provide a proper speed measurement (!laser / !showlaser).
http://city-driving.co.uk/rules/#cops

(2014-06-16 14:38)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]No offense KASOKUDO, but you had no right to get involved, and you caused an argument because of it.

He had a valid concern and was right aswell. He did it in a calm and respectful manner and there was nothing wrong with it.

Rumpel will receive a confirmable ingame warning for failure to stay remote from chases and driving through active pic garages

Jason1984 will receive a confirmable ingame warning for chasing a user that had not broken a server law.

Also orange will be fined and rumpel refunded.

Action has been taken as described.

Thank you for your report.

It has now been moved to the archives.
Reference URL's