[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: COP's being allowed to wrong side in chase
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now, i'm not fully against this however i think that chases would be much more controlled if cops never wrong sided.

reasons:

in real life, (UK) cops should never wrong side unless there is no other way around because they need to keep situation controlled and themselves safe.

I have notice complaints about heavy crashes involving cops wrong siding and the civilian receiving most of the blame for the crash, but the siren does not warn about cops coming head on, now regardless of the side you are on you slow down but that doesn't always mean you can move out the way.

To be honest, i'm just asking for your opinions collectively as some don't see a problem at all, but myself does.

no raging please Biggrin
this ties into your cop training/ knowing the rules, cops can only and I mean ONLY wrong side if its clear now yes ill admit ive wrong sided and crashed but these mistakes happen and come with learning the layout and how to be a more effective cop. sometimes you think you have enough time but don't or you crash whilst wrong siding. but what im getting at is if your a cop and your wrong siding in a chase with traffic then you need to refer to the rules and maybe take basic training. also I don't see how civilians receive blame here unless the cop who hit the person while wrong siding is just trying to cover it up, there is also cases where the civilian does p.i.t. or hit the cop onto the wrong side traffic or not its not the cops fault.
yeah i guess your right, its all down to knowing when its safe. But too many take the opportunity for granted which is annoying.

I feel that if i try to tell somebody that they shouldn't always do that i will mostly likely receive a reply along the lines of "I was in a chase" which is invalid
Carl 7 Wrote:but the siren does not warn about cops coming head on

I'm not too sure about that but you may be right. I tend to say in most situations, the cop wrong siding during a chase is the one to blame for a head on crash but the person getting hit cannot deliberately do something to get hit. By that I mean generally provoke the accident such as accelerating into the oncoming cop or intentionally swerving towards them. That is true to all situations. The one wrong siding is generally more to blame, though. I get irritated when a cop wrong sides into a civilian and blames them for it (just because the cop in question is in a chase). Sirens aren't a substitute for brains.

I think cops should be able to wrong side in chase as long as it is the quicker route and not unnecessarily, and especially not when it is dangerous (I am not talking about the Autobahn here obviously, that's much stricter but we all know the (newish) rules for that now).

In real life, the cops don't really need to wrong side because their suspect doesn't, but in this game, the suspects do. I see no problem with it as long no one is endangered.
Rules Wrote:5. --- Police in Chase ---
5.1. Road Laws
Cops may break road laws only in case of a chase or joining a chase. Be sure not to put other players in danger. Try to drive on the correct side - only go on the wrong side when necessary.

Good and safe suggestion, but as the rules mention, it is already suggested not to drive on the wrong side if there are oncoming traffic. If your suggestion went through, it would cause an unfair advantage for suspects; every map becomes Kyoto Autobahn and new exceptions have to be made after complaints.
I think all cops should check the map before they wrong side as I do most of the time, when I don't check the map and wrong side then there's always a crash.

But to be honest, traffic coming the other way from the chase should also slow down for sirens as they do in real life. Yes it will be the cops fault if he wrong sides and hits oncoming traffic but the oncoming traffic should also try and expect a possibility of a wrongsiding cop by slowing down and/or even pull to the side.
I'm pretty sure cops in the UK are allowed to cut corners provided visibility is there and they are 100% sure it's safe...but not a full lane change when their lane has something in it... having half the car over the line, for example, would be an acceptable limit.

However-cops driving on the wrong side will allow for certain paths that are otherwise complex to follow to be followed with ease, as long as the cop checks there's no hazard...
(2014-06-17 21:25)fakedeath Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure cops in the UK are allowed to cut corners provided visibility is there and they are 100% sure it's safe...but not a full lane change when their lane has something in it... having half the car over the line, for example, would be an acceptable limit.

However-cops driving on the wrong side will allow for certain paths that are otherwise complex to follow to be followed with ease, as long as the cop checks there's no hazard...

that's the problem, some don't check for hazard and that's exactly why i'm stressing this issue.

without all of you taking my topic off topic.

what i'm trying to say is, COPS wrong side for the sake of it 'because they're in chase' or 'it's easier'.
COPS take siren for granted and think that they are invincible to those around them.
Sirens do not warn Civilians that COP is wrong siding. Civilians slow down yes, but that doesn't always mean they have time to move out the way when chase is coming ahead of them or have space to.

I'd also like to add, I have been on these servers a long time and i know that there is only one way round or another, there is very little that actually blocks you from suspect from not wrong siding e.g Autobahn, long stretch of barrier in which you can't wrong side anyways. I personally don't believe there is any disadvantage where a Suspect would have to avoid on coming traffic compared to a COP on the correct side passing by and keeping up safely.
Well if a cop wrong sides and causes a collision it's against the rules anyway as it says only wrong side if it safe to and not cause damage to any civilians. So what do you want from this?
(2014-06-17 21:45)Carl 7 Wrote: [ -> ]...what i'm trying to say is, COPS wrong side for the sake of it 'because they're in chase' or 'it's easier'.
COPS take siren for granted and think that they are invincible to those around them...

In that case, a training will cure that thought out of their heads.
Well, not allowing COPs to wronrgside in a chase makes no sense?!
Suspect is way quicker then.

Also you can't start revoking COP rights if a COP wrongsides and causes a crash - this happens from time to time.

Anyway, some COPs think they have the right of way when crossing a highway where people drive up to 200 kph and then complain "OMG WATCH OUT FOR SIRENS" - so funny Biggrin

Actually I don't see a problem. Some COPs should just be aware of the fact that SIRENS do not mean they can do anything (like in real, at a red traffic light they also have to be careful)
(2014-06-18 06:04)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-17 21:45)Carl 7 Wrote: [ -> ]...what i'm trying to say is, COPS wrong side for the sake of it 'because they're in chase' or 'it's easier'.
COPS take siren for granted and think that they are invincible to those around them...

In that case, a training will cure that thought out of their heads.

Exactly. Direct them to basic training Carl 7 next time you see something like that, we'll soon sort them out. Wink
If the cop is on the wrong side and causes an accident, the cop is completely at fault. It is the cops responsibility to take the safety of others into consideration. People react differently that is how accidents are caused. It is very difficult to teach/train cops the rights and wrongs when it comes to situations like this as it is just common sense.

It will happen, cops use sirens to the advantage because they can do that, they need the room and advantage to gain over the suspect, but they should never have priority over the entire road. Personally I find it unfair when people cause major arguments just because a cop hit them on the wrong side. Sure it's not nice and it shouldn't happen but it's going to happen, suspects take risks to get rid of the cops it's part of the game, cops are going to make mistakes as they have a lot of pressure under there hands.

All we can say to cops is check your map and make sure every move you do is going to be completely safe. Predict what is going to happen ahead of you, not at the present. Is the road ahead clear to take a shortcut? Is the suspect going to take an unsafe position? What are the chances of someone being there? How fast are we going? Simple questions cops need to ask them selves on the spot. As for the victims, just keep your cool avoid it if you can, the cop is the one that is supposed to apologise, don't expect a massive one as he/she will be in a chase. If the cop repeatedly fails to abide the safety of others then feel free to report the cop for an Admin to have a word with the cop.
(2014-06-18 15:51)LuckyLuke Wrote: [ -> ]Sure it's not nice and it shouldn't happen but it's going to happen, suspects take risks to get rid of the cops it's part of the game, cops are going to make mistakes as they have a lot of pressure under there hands.

Indeed as seen here! Don't make the same mistake kids!

[Image: ForsakenNervousCur.gif]

lellelele nice driving bez Biggrin
yeah I remember that chase lol, then we had a redo and I won Tongue still very good chase also nice example of wrong siding.
Reference URL's